Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    What's actually being said is this - "Being PvP flagged always comes with the attendant risk of encountering a PvP situation that you can't handle. It is an agreement that you are willing to engage in PvP, but you do not get to decide the terms of that PvP."
    Meanwhile, ignoring the war code of killing the defenseless makes you look the fool as you can jeopardize not only yourself, but your teammates (because we all know gankers don't do it alone).

Remember last summer I was starting some world PvP (see, I'm not lazy) in Hellfire capping flags. In comes flying a Rogue. He lands and runs upto me in all of his pre legendary daggers. Oh, he locked me down stabbing. I broke free (first mistake of his, only need one!), and started to exo spam the daylights out of him. He keeps trying to lock me down, I keep topping myself off, and he's so busy at his spamming his new toys his health widdles down to 7k. Just as he tries to stealth away, I stun him, and he runs trying to get away, and Holy Shocked the sucker until he lays face down in the dirt.

Minutes later his chicken ass Mage friend uses his orb thinking he can fool me flies in. It takes both of them to kill me. Fine. Call in my sis who by then is in all CP gear, and what do these two lowlifes do? Skaddle like the true cowards they are.

That's world PvP in WoW.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    it could be that that lower level is flagged to pvp for players of about the same level? I don't know, I'm guessing here. Is this ridiculous?
    There is no such option in the game so yes it's ridicilous.

Quote Originally Posted by CherryPie View Post
    Player versus player, or PvP, is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants. Those criteria are met in ganking, therefore it's PvP.
    If people need these kind of definitions to prove their point, something is wrong.
    This has always been my experience.

Deleted
    If people need these kind of definitions to prove their point, something is wrong.

You're grasping at straws here my fuzzy little friend please just accept this is what a pvp server is and deal with it.
    Last edited by mmocd00a376cb3; 2012-11-05 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    There is no such option in the game so yes it's ridicilous.
    I think you need to use your common sense instead of reading only the rules. Rules are created mostly to be used together with common sense in case you didn't know.
    I don't know if you'll tell me this but what is your age bajskorv?
    I think i can understand where you are coming from if you are just still quite young.

10+ Year Old Account
    you know the way most of the people who defend campers type like they are between the ages of 12-18. just a observation. with all the hahas man ups etc.

Explains a lot.
    I'd torture a thousand souls just to see her smile.

Deleted
    I'll refrain myself from presenting facts then, instead I'll start questioning the mental sanity and/or capabilities of people who do not share my point of view(many people in this thread seem to do just that).

Bads that can't compete with ppl their same level. That is about it.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    You're not doing a very good job if he can farm you like that.

Go rez behind a tree or something and run for it, don't whine and cry about it, that mentality already ruined the game over the last 4-5 years.
    Its only farming if the the one doing the ganking is within 10 lvls after that you get no honor for the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerath View Post
    Your grasping at straws here my fuzzy little friend please just accept this is what a pvp server is and deal with it.
    No, i am not grasping anything. The only point in time when someone is giving a definition of something that is common knowledge, is when there is something wrong.
    So how is this grasping for straws?

A pvp server is a server where where players can engage eachother.
    This doesn't mean you only engage those players who doesn't stand a chance against you, does it?

Engaging is possible.. now WHO you engage is up to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CherryPie View Post
    Player versus player, or PvP, is a type of multiplayer interactive conflict within a game between two or more live participants. Those criteria are met in ganking, therefore it's PvP.
    Consequence free PvP isn't even PvP. It's just taking candy from kids, by kids.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    As far as im concerned its World of Warcraft... not Peacecraft.

I love it when someone incites a war, im glad that world pvp is back in the game, made it more interesting than just standing in Orgrimmar all day afking.

What I understand FAR, far less is low levels ganking other low levels. We both have the same objective today - level our alts up. But you, for some reason, seem to think that killing me and pissing me off is going to make your leveling experience faster. So you feel like a god because you're low level ret and can kill people in two globals with wings up, that's fine. I'll just bring my 90 and prevent you from questing as well. You bring a 90 friend and I kill him and waste his time, too. Pretty soon I'm corpse camping you and nobody gets to level today.

Hell, sometimes people gank me when they don't have the advantage of one shot classes. Have a level 54 enhancement shaman attack me while I'm questing in blasted lands and log over to start crying when I corpse camp him on my 55 hunter. I understand bored 90s just trying to get a kick out of bullying other people on the internet, but why do people think they're going to have a good time by pissing someone off while they're leveling? It almost never ends well for them. Even if their 90 can beat my 90 in a fight, I can still just corpse camp their lowbie and prevent them from doing a single quest today.

My favorite was a ret paladin in Hyjal who cried to a rogue friend to protect him while he quested. I just brought my rogue and killed him and vanished away from his friend. An hour of not getting a single thing done and he eventually swapped factions to yell at me to stop being mean when he is the one who attacked me first. People always start fights and then cry when they can't end them.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-11-05 at 12:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Consequence free PvP isn't even PvP. It's just taking candy from kids, by kids.
    Every kind of PvP in WoW is consequence free though. No permadeath, can't loose gear, gold.

Deleted
    I don't know if you'll tell me this but what is your age bajskorv?
    I think i can understand where you are coming from if you are just still quite young.
    Argumentum ad hominem is a rethorical tool of the dark side, young padawan. Do not be seduced by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    I'm just in Nagrand talking to someone when an epic geared rogue comes up to me, stuns me, and kills me. I release and come back to my corpse, then realize he's corpse camping me. This goes on a few times until I finally give up and log off.

Why do people do this? We've all been ganked and we've all gotten pissed off about it. It takes no skill whatsoever to gank someone and all it does is succeed in angering another player who's just trying to go about their business. Why do people have to be so terrible to each other? What psychological need is fulfilled by killing someone who can't defend themselves? Can't you at least wait until someone hits 90? I just don't understand people.
    Level 90 would mean fair game, and opens the possibility for the ganker to get his ass handed back to them.

No seriously. I don't have a problem with ganking. It's part of the game. But I draw my lines. There are a few principles everyone should respect...

PVE Realms.
    People are on those realms for an obvious reason. They don't want to deal with world pvp. Leave em alone. Stop trying to fool em into getting flagged.
    I'm talking about the kind of actions that usually lead to success in some 90+%.. Like obscuring NPC's... Melting into an NPC sure gives you a high chance the harmlessly questing lowbie tags you instead. Or landing flagged right in the middle of a mob group the player fights in melee range.
    That's dirty tricks.. Spare em for PVP realms. There most everything is fair.. But not on PVE realms.

My own handling on the issue... Rogues.. Of course... They, above all, closely followed by DK's and Warrioirs, are subject to "payback"...
    When I see one of em, I usually stick around a bit, and watch what they are doing. If they show signs of aggression, they gonna die.
    My own draw line on lowbies is 15 levels. If you are lower than that, you only have to worry about me, when you are an assbag, griefing others. Then you will die.
    I'm more the kind of enemy, you see standing there, watching how you are capable to turn the odds around and kill the ganker, when I think the attack against you was a low blow. I'll even cheer for you. In fact, it would not be the first time, that I switch faction toons, and come to the aid of the ganked.

Of course it's a war out there.
    But I am sure, everyone who is or was in the service will confirm that being at war also means to uphold honor and dignity.
    You are a disgrace to your race, to your fellow soldiers, to your army, and to your country (read faction) if you act otherwise.
    And sure it's a game. But that does not mean, that you should have to join a RL army to learn such lesson. That should be a given.
    And killing lowbies mindlessly has no honor in it. Even the game reflects it. Camping them, eliminates any dignity and respect from you.
    In fact, if you would transfer such into real life scenarios of some comparison, you would face punishment from your commanding officers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strangebreed View Post
    you know the way most of the people who defend campers type like they are between the ages of 12-18. just a observation. with all the hahas man ups etc.

Explains a lot.
    Wrong again Princess i'm 26 years old. I just don't cry when my pixels in a computer game die.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Argumentum ad hominem is a rethorical tool of the dark side, young padawan. Do not be seduced by it.
    So keeping it a secret, no problem. But great as well that usage of language :-)

Deleted
    No, i am not grasping anything. The only point in time when someone is giving a definition of something that is common knowledge, is when there is something wrong.
    So how is this grasping for straws?

A pvp server is a server where where players can engage eachother.
    This doesn't mean you only engage those players who doesn't stand a chance against you, does it?

Engaging is possible.. now WHO you engage is up to you.
    You really aren't getting this are you?? let me put it clearly for you I ENGAGE ALL LOW LEVEL OR HIGH WHETHER I LIVE OR DIE. Is that hard to understand?? Seriously some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerath View Post
    Wrong again Princess i'm 26 years old. I just don't cry when my pixels in a computer game die.
    Eeehhh then you stopped maturing a long time ago. loooolololol