Heroic Garajal 10 man.

Hi there,
    On HC Garajal 10 man, im not sure if i should play afflic or demo, and in both specs, what reforging i should use.

I imagine if i went affliction i would go for 5200 haste then go full mastery.
    But if i went demo im really not sure what is better, the idea of demo ofc, being that i build up a fudge tonne of fury from hellfiring (manaroths fury) the adds downstairs, then come upstairs with full fury + nice crit buff read to fuck the baws up.

Anyone whos killed it has any helpful suggestions?

Cheers

Deleted
    I personally played affli for this, because DOTS. Seriously, so strong in the shadow realm for this.

You can keep agony rolling on the boss continuously (shouldn't fall off it you refresh just as you go in the shadow realm), you can drain soul one of the low health adds at low for a new set of shards, and to help your tanks on their big adds in the shadow realm, you can soul swap to one add and dot up the other. This leads to incredibly effective damage for the whole raid, and I THINK (note not definite, just opinion) that affliction is better for this fight for all these reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Hi there,
    On HC Garajal 10 man, im not sure if i should play afflic or demo, and in both specs, what reforging i should use.

I imagine if i went affliction i would go for 5200 haste then go full mastery.
    But if i went demo im really not sure what is better, the idea of demo ofc, being that i build up a fudge tonne of fury from hellfiring (manaroths fury) the adds downstairs, then come upstairs with full fury + nice crit buff read to fuck the baws up.

Anyone whos killed it has any helpful suggestions?

Cheers
    Affliction is good on this fight and I'm unsure about demo. That being said, destro is extremely good for this fight. The range on AoE Immo/Incin with mannoroths fury makes it incredibly easy to hit everything down there if there's just one add down bottom. The 1 second stun on RoF can often interrupt the adds down there.

I was affliction for our first kill, and then went destruction for our second, and not only did I do significantly more boss damage on our second kill, but I was killing the adds significantly faster and was getting out rather quick. (No gear change between the two weeks, before you ask)

My suggestion is go destro, but if I had to pick between affliction or demo, I'd say affliction will be your best bet for being able to SB:SS all the adds down bottom and DS one or two as they die. Extremely effective but somewhat slow.

I went Demo for our first kill because I've been able to handle the spec better than Affliction. For some reason I keep underperforming as Affliction. Sticking to Demo most of the tier so far on alot of the kills because it cleans up adds alot faster on multiple add fights imo compared to the other specs from my personal experience. I believe we have some great DPS in our group overall so maybe that's why my add damage with Affliction runs slow. Usually I go into the realm with the ret pally.

Here is our logged kill. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/irdf1...?s=5873&e=6197 To answer any questions about why my DPS was low on H:SG's, I was the one stacking up the tile buffs.

Btw, that's the same reason I feel Affliction was pulling lower for me too on killing Will (NM). Our RL (ret pally) wanted more damage on the Rages an with the Hunter, Boomkin, and the Mage, I was falling behind trying to multiple dot everything. My damage was running lower because dots didn't get enough time on the adds. I would play Destro too however I feel that Affliction if played to it's potential of being able to multidot or sit on the boss single target will still out perform.

Brusalk nice Destro rankings btw =D
    Last edited by Ravoks; 2012-11-05 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Added something

Quote Originally Posted by Ravon View Post
    I went Demo for our first kill because I've been able to handle the spec better than Affliction. For some reason I keep underperforming as Affliction. Sticking to Demo most of the tier so far on alot of the kills because it cleans up adds alot faster on multiple add fights imo compared to the other specs from my personal experience. I believe we have some great DPS in our group overall so maybe that's why my add damage with Affliction runs slow. Usually I go into the realm with the ret pally.

Here is our logged kill. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/irdf1...?s=5873&e=6197 To answer any questions about why my DPS was low on H:SG's, I was the one stacking up the tile buffs.

Btw, that's the same reason I feel Affliction was pulling lower for me too on killing Will (NM). Our RL (ret pally) wanted more damage on the Rages an with the Hunter, Boomkin, and the Mage, I was falling behind trying to multiple dot everything. My damage was running lower because dots didn't get enough time on the adds. I would play Destro too however I feel that Affliction if played to it's potential of being able to multidot or sit on the boss single target will still out perform.

Brusalk nice Destro rankings btw =D
    Thanks I would've had logs for 6/6n HoF, but my addon decided to crap out on me and not auto-log. >.>

I love destruction to death and the only fight I think it's bad on is normal feng. I've been able to pull numbers equivalent to top 15 affliction ranks on pretty much every fight so far. (10 man heroic) I somewhat wish I was in a 25man because the extra adds would provide so many more embers to do stuff with, but it is what it is :P (I wish Zumzumzum and I were playing on the same raid type (10 vs 25) so I would have someone to compare to :P There's not really anyone playing destro seriously in 10man heroics, unless they have their logs hidden)

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Thanks I would've had logs for 6/6n HoF, but my addon decided to crap out on me and not auto-log. >.>

I love destruction to death and the only fight I think it's bad on is normal feng. I've been able to pull numbers equivalent to top 15 affliction ranks on pretty much every fight so far. (10 man heroic) I somewhat wish I was in a 25man because the extra adds would provide so many more embers to do stuff with, but it is what it is :P (I wish Zumzumzum and I were playing on the same raid type (10 vs 25) so I would have someone to compare to :P There's not really anyone playing destro seriously in 10man heroics, unless they have their logs hidden)
    I would but not wanting to embarass myself in my guild lol. I'm sure I could manage it but I think it would be hard to snipe with my groups DPS.