Hybrid Drive Caching: 64gb

I searched for hybrid drive and didn't find any information, but I'm looking at a 500gb hybrid drive with a 64gb ssd cache. Can I install any programs or OS solely on that cache, or am I only allowed access to the main hdd? Also, how would this compare to a regular 7200 drive and a decent ssd (that 64gb cache seems on the bigger side of hybrid drives that I've seen, does that mean I'll get a lot more frequently used programs on it?). Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    afaik they dont really make anything like that, most hybrid drives only have 4-8GB of ssd flash

and all you really do is just install them like a normal drive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...op-Hard-Drives

15+ Year Old Account
    usually the user doesn't touch the SSD. what's on the SSD is determined by the drive
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

From what I have read, you simply use it as a normal drive, and the software caches the most commonly accessed files, including boot files onto the chip instead of platter only. I have not heard any bad things about them yet. From what it sounds like, is the performance is a good bit better than a standard platter, but not quite as good as most SSDs. I fair compromise I would say.

Deleted
    http://www.alternate.nl/html/product...?tk=7&lk=4970?
    tech is highly unreliable though and also more specifics? (for laptop/desktop ?/perhaps big HDD with msata ssd for caching etc?)
    lots problems makes for multiple solutions being possible, finding the right one is the tricky bit