Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    MFW this "fix" broke Ignite and Combustion for Amber-Shaper. Mages can one shot the Monstrosity now. Pretty hilarious.

In the 10m guild, I run Garalon as combat, and I "waste" tons of energy feinting, and some of the time I'm not on the leg because I have to run and catch the conal AOE...

What I'm saying is, I'm already a tank on that fight, and then my damage is tremendous too. I really think any rogues complaining about this situation aren't being very fair to other classes. Tanking a boss mechanic is already a special job, worthy of an entire spec, skillset, and gearset, and we get to do that at the same time as we rock out with our cocks out, so... like....

I dunno. I feel very desired as a rogue on that fight, and at many spots in this tier thus far.

Problem is, when you bring a Rogue in a raid, someone playing a Fury warrior could have done the same thing but better, and would bring more utility to the raid (Skull Banner, Demo Banner, Rallying Cry, insane execute phase)

(Assuming same knowledge of the class and same gear)

If BF is behaving different for different encounters, then it makes it impossible to test the mechanics using a target dummy (or dummies in this instance), which is craptastic. If it is behaving different depending on the boss, then it either needs to be fixed to work the same across the board or give an option on the target dummies to change how the mechanics work. I do not wish to rely on logs of other rogues that have advanced in content further than I in order to adjust my own spec/rotation/reforge. Granted a stationary set of target dummies can in no way simulate boss mechanics and movement, but they are a great tool to refine your playstyle and it would be nice to be able to use that tool without worrying that the boss mechanics aren't reflected by the dummies.

In a bit of wistful nostalgia, I preferred the way BF worked in BC. A powerful cleave on CD when needed for adds, a decent melee haste increase CD for single target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    If BF is behaving different for different encounters, then it makes it impossible to test the mechanics using a target dummy (or dummies in this instance), which is craptastic. If it is behaving different depending on the boss, then it either needs to be fixed to work the same across the board or give an option on the target dummies to change how the mechanics work. I do not wish to rely on logs of other rogues that have advanced in content further than I in order to adjust my own spec/rotation/reforge.
    So, I have looked high and low. Anyone suggest an add-on that tracks or visually displays in the form of combat text preferablly in a different colour the damage being done to the cleave target by Blade Flurry?

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    So, I have looked high and low. Anyone suggest an add-on that tracks or visually displays in the form of combat text preferablly in a different colour the damage being done to the cleave target by Blade Flurry?
    Mik's Scrolling Battle Text (MSBT)? I haven't experimented with different colors for particular attacks, but I have MSBT set to put the icons for abilities next to the damage or healing they did, so if you know what the BF icon looks like you can easily see if you are hitting your second target / what damage you're doing with BF. Probably most other combat text addons can do something similar.

Deleted
    If you would like to I think you can set MSBT so that the cleave damage is displayed in it's own field completely and nothing else will be displayed there. Or atleast I think it might be possible, you can set a lot of what types of things you want displayed where etc. For example I have all my special crits displayed by themselves and all non-crits and passive damage displayed by themselves to the side.