View Poll Results: Are you voting for Gary Johnson?

Voters
33. This poll is closed
  • Yes

13 39.39%
  • No

20 60.61%

Simple, anyone else voting for Gary Johnson?

My first election being able to vote and i'm a firm believer in freedom. This is my choice when voting libertarian instead of giving up my rights to Obama or Romney. Anyone else in the MMO community voting for Gary?

I will be, 2nd time voting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Give up your rights to them? Wah?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yes Aeluron I believe that everyone has their freedom to do whatever they please as long as it does not put others in harms way. Obama and Romney both believe in strict laws that limit my freedoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted early for him
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrvanvoo View Post
    My first election being able to vote and i'm a firm believer in freedom. This is my choice when voting libertarian instead of giving up my rights to Obama or Romney. Anyone else in the MMO community voting for Gary?
    Hope he gets the 5 he needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gary Johnson is literally freedom and America and Apple pie, bla bla, masturbate.

Obamney is literally Hitler and Stalin, bla bla, masturbate.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Deleted
    Having followed the election with great interest , having listened to and gotten an outsiders (I'm not american) impression of the platform that all of the candidates stand for - I would vote for Gary Johnson.

I agree with Gary Johnson's policies over Romney and Obama's, however I felt like I was just throwing my vote away. My Republican dad convinced me to vote for him and what I believe in regardless.

Nope, cutting the entire federal government by 43% is an idiotic pipe dream that will do nothing but damage the US economy more, meanwhile eliminating income taxes is the same kind of pipe dream.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devolution View Post
    I agree with Gary Johnson's policies over Romney and Obama's, however I felt like I was just throwing my vote away. My Republican dad convinced me to vote for him and what I believe in regardless.
    You know, there's a similar vein of thinking going on with my sister. It's her first voting season and, let's save the political critique here, she's going for Romney last I heard because all she hears anyone in the family talk about, other than myself, is how he's "not Obama," and that's the greatest quality since sliced bread. I've mentioned other candidates to her, but she doesn't want to feel like her vote is wasted. My mom started feeding her this "don't waste your vote" bullshit before the elections even ramped up and I've played hell trying to convince her that voting for someone you don't honestly support is the real waste; and disingenuous. And kind of a bad precedent for your life overall.

Ok, maybe it's not quite the same situation, but it rings similar. Kinda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    Gary Johnson is literally freedom and America and Apple pie, bla bla, masturbate.

Obamney is literally Hitler and Stalin, bla bla, masturbate.
    Lol, what ?!

Quote Originally Posted by hksin11186 View Post
    You know, there's a similar vein of thinking going on with my sister. It's her first voting season and, let's save the political critique here, she's going for Romney last I heard because all she hears anyone in the family talk about, other than myself, is how he's "not Obama," and that's the greatest quality since sliced bread. I've mentioned other candidates to her, but she doesn't want to feel like her vote is wasted. My mom started feeding her this "don't waste your vote" bullshit before the elections even ramped up and I've played hell trying to convince her that voting for someone you don't honestly support is the real waste; and disingenuous. And kind of a bad precedent for your life overall.

Is she in a swing state? If not, her vote literally does not matter regardless of who she votes for.

Quote Originally Posted by hksin11186 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF_tKr5R0Xk

Please, have her watch this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerion View Post
    Is she in a swing state? If not, her vote literally does not matter regardless of who she votes for.
    That's not a healthy attitude either. Nope, we're AZ residents.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorohon View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF_tKr5R0Xk

Please, have her watch this.
    She voted a few days ago. Early ballots, or some such. Maybe next time :\
    Last edited by RaoBurning; 2012-11-06 at 08:19 AM.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Lol, what ?!
    He is most likely making a joke about how some people don't look into policies of people but rather just what they hear in some random corner of the internet and then trumpet that stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerion View Post
    Not true. If Gary Johnson gets 5% of the popular vote, he gets federal funding in the next election.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    He is most likely making a joke about how some people don't look into policies of people but rather just what they hear in some random corner of the internet and then trumpet that stuff.
    Ayep, pretty much this.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Hyperbole is wit.

I will be voting for Gary Johnson this year. I usually vote Democrat, especially for president, and maybe sometimes a 3rd, usually Libertarian, for most of the local elections. Now this year, being the 3rd time I'm voting for during a presidential election, I decided to vote Gary Johnson for president. I have 2 main reasons for this. One is because I am registered to vote in texas, which is currently a hardcore red state and thus my vote for Obama is useless, so I might as well be voting a 3rd party like the libertarian party and give them the 5% they need for all the legal and federal recognition they need. My 2nd reason is because, I actually like some of the stuff Gary Johnson supports, he is a true libertarian/former republican. As opposed to Ron Paul, who he supports too, he wouldn't make issues like gay marriage, drug laws, and abortion issues left to the state, but focus them more on a federal level, as far as I know. Asides from that, I will be voting Gary Johnson, but I hope Obama wins. Drink 7 of the night