1. #1

    Why would anyone vote for mitt romney?

    this is not a thread bitching about Romney or anything, i'm simply curious, as i live in Denmark, where noone would ever vote for him. Everyone i ask says they hope Obama wins, and so do i. His politics just makes a lot more sence to us Danes, he actualy want to improve the states for the poor people, the young who wants and education and giving better health care.

    why are the republicans so frightened by healthcare? it makes no sence to be, living in a country, where if i went out and broke both my legs and arms, i would get them fixed for free, and where i get paid for going on college.

    I simply doesn't get the republican politics, so i ask you: why do you Americans vote for him?

    Greetings from Denmark

  2. #2
    Go to the stickied US politics threads. Or the Election Day Thread.

    There is no need to start a new one.

    Short answer; poor education, lots of money, and McCarthyism.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Puck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Williams Lake, BC, Canada
    Posts
    4,481
    I honestly don't know. Even if his economic plan was the best thing in the world I wouldn't vote for him due to his prehistoric societal views. I would never vote for someone who would willingly discriminate against other people in my community.

  4. #4
    i don't know....maybe guys who really wanna see the world end on december 21st?

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire MmoFanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    368
    Swed here and i to don't know why anyone would vote for him he just looks like a fanatic to me
    also why would any woman vote for him when he wants to remove rights. is it cus they are religious nutcases or something?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MmoFanatic View Post
    Swed here and i to don't know why anyone would vote for him he just looks like a fanatic to me
    also why would any woman vote for him when he wants to remove rights. is it cus they are religious nutcases or something?
    short answer: Yes. Long Answer: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Whitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,269
    Cultural differences are hard to grasp.
    WBMA - Leave our beards alone

    Battletag - Whitey#2918 - feel free to add me, I'm a social animal


  8. #8
    I'm glad I got to this thread before conservative Christians defending R-Money, keep it to the stickied threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

  9. #9
    The Lightbringer starkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Planet Caravan
    Posts
    3,000
    I hope he wins, America needs change oh wai
    You are lying! I never hit you! YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!

  10. #10
    There are a lot of Why's in this world.

    Why would I vote for Mitt Romney? Well it looks like I'm a discriminatory uneducated religious nutcase who wants the world to end. Did I get that right?
    Why would I post is such a comical & misplaced thread? Good question.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayma View Post
    There are a lot of Why's in this world.

    Why would I vote for Mitt Romney? Well it looks like I'm a discriminatory uneducated religious nutcase who wants the world to end. Did I get that right?
    Why would I post is such a comical & misplaced thread? Good question.
    I never claimed you were a nutcase for voting on him, i'm just saying, seen from a danish perspective, his politics doesn't make a lot of sence. and hell. And i am even a Liberal.

  12. #12
    because some people somehow believe a particular group of people deserve more than others

  13. #13
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    this is not a thread bitching about Romney or anything, i'm simply curious, as i live in Denmark, where noone would ever vote for him. Everyone i ask says they hope Obama wins, and so do i. His politics just makes a lot more sence to us Danes, he actualy want to improve the states for the poor people, the young who wants and education and giving better health care.

    why are the republicans so frightened by healthcare? it makes no sence to be, living in a country, where if i went out and broke both my legs and arms, i would get them fixed for free, and where i get paid for going on college.

    I simply doesn't get the republican politics, so i ask you: why do you Americans vote for him?

    Greetings from Denmark
    Obama's not doing this.

    Honestly I don't like either one. Neither seems like they will be able to improve the economy and honestly that is the most important thing for us right now.

  14. #14
    Despite what the media shows he is not all agianst women's rights. Yes he is anti abortion but a huge amount of people in the worlds population are,against that too.

    I am independent and pro abortion. Also keep on mind that he implemented state run health care. The way Obama set up health care for the company is absolutely terrible. My friends who own small businesses won't be able to hire people because they can't afford what's coming. Bid business can absorb the costs, but no one else can.

    Wile I'm not completely sold on Romney, I think his business experience will help the job front and I think he will have better ideas for health care than what we ended up with.

    Basing our vote on someone's personal abortion beliefs is not wise... That really has little to do with the president and there are much more important things to consider.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    this is not a thread bitching about Romney or anything, i'm simply curious, as i live in Denmark, where noone would ever vote for him. Everyone i ask says they hope Obama wins, and so do i. His politics just makes a lot more sence to us Danes, he actualy want to improve the states for the poor people, the young who wants and education and giving better health care.

    why are the republicans so frightened by healthcare? it makes no sence to be, living in a country, where if i went out and broke both my legs and arms, i would get them fixed for free, and where i get paid for going on college.

    I simply doesn't get the republican politics, so i ask you: why do you Americans vote for him?

    Greetings from Denmark
    I wouldn't vote for him. Wouldn't vote for Obama either. They are two sides to the same coin.

  16. #16
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,967
    Quote Originally Posted by facerollin View Post
    I'm glad I got to this thread before conservative Christians defending R-Money, keep it to the stickied threads.
    I would think the radical super far right christians would be against Romney... seeing as he is Mormon.

  17. #17
    Miss Doctor Lady Bear Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    15,036
    We already have several election threads ongoing; it's probably worth checking them out:

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...can-Discussion
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...icial-Thread**
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tial-Election!

    Going to close this to avoid clutter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •