Thread: Justice Served!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the punishment will do one of two things:

Cause her to take a different route to avoid the buss all together....
    or...
    She'll behave like a normal citizen.

Like others have asked, not sure what the whole intention of driving on the sidewalk was supposed to accomplish. A special case indeed. Hopefully she won't forget the humiliation quicker than she'd forget a ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    It seems like all kinds of stuff like this happens in Cleveland...

Boy do I love my home town
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    It seems like all kinds of stuff like this happens in Cleveland...

Boy do I love my home town

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Would you rather have it been "women drives on sidewalk and runs over several people, killing 1"? Hopefully this serves the purpose of making sure the additional "and runs oevr several people, killing 1" doesnt happen.
    Well the crime itself doesnt even matter, such things happen a million times a day - its the punishment that is notable... and thats the sort of news I dont expect from 'JUSTICE SERVED' - someone getting ridiculed by the authorities... my facepalm goes to the authorities for such silly punishment...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draqson View Post
    Well the crime itself doesnt even matter, such things happen a million times a day - its the punishment that is notable... and thats the sort of news I dont expect from 'JUSTICE SERVED' - someone getting ridiculed by the authorities... my facepalm goes to the authorities for such silly punishment...
    Its actually fairly appropriate, considering humilation stays in the mind longer than paying a measly fine, unless that fine somehow bankrupts you

10+ Year Old Account
    I love you, America.
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did no one read the part of the article where it was stated the reason the bus driver even had a camera was because she was doing this every day.

I'm sure she knew it was wrong, and I'm sure the bus driver has honked his horn at her numerous times and she just really didn't care. Justice is most definitely served.

This reminds me of the kid whose mom made her stand on a street corner with a "I got caught smoking by my mom" sign.

Yes, the actual punishment was a bit on the light side but I would think the video and media hoopla was punishment enough.

Not that I support her behavior but the #1 traffic slowdown where I live is school buses in the morning. With multiple high schools and public schools you can have several buses pass the same spot picking up different kids. Then you have buses that will pick up a kid, move 50 feet and pick up another kid. Why kid #2 couldn't walk 50 feet I have no idea. And don't get me started on parents who have to hug and kiss their kids goodbye AFTER the school bus has stopped and open it's doors. Traffic when school buses aren't running is like night and day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Let's see. By ordering her to wear a sign that says only idiots would drive on a sidewalk to avoid a school bus, the judge is essentially calling her an idiot. Yeah, no, judges aren't supposed to do things like that. Right now I'm actually thinking the judge is more of an idiot for not knowing what falls under the things they're supposed to know they shouldn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Let's see. By ordering her to wear a sign that says only idiots would drive on a sidewalk to avoid a school bus, the judge is essentially calling her an idiot. Yeah, no, judges aren't supposed to do things like that. Right now I'm actually thinking the judge is more of an idiot for not knowing what falls under the things they're supposed to know they shouldn't do.
    Mod ? Congratz ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a really stupid punishment for such a crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Mod ? Congratz ^^
    Was gonna say the same. Grats Wikiy!

OT: I'm really glad she actually got nailed with a punishment. When I first saw the video in September she wasn't even issued a citation for it which really pissed me off. Yeah it's a bit archaic to make her stand there with a sign on her neck, however, I think it will actually make her rethink being that stupid.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Quote Originally Posted by Eadoin View Post
    Did no one read the part of the article where it was stated the reason the bus driver even had a camera was because she was doing this every day.

I'm sure she knew it was wrong, and I'm sure the bus driver has honked his horn at her numerous times and she just really didn't care. Justice is most definitely served.
    Quoting for visibility, doing this ever day shows a level of douchebaggery I've rarely seen, this is a school bus with kids here. I'd probably make her stand for entire week

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    thats awesome, good to see some positive things come out of our justice system

those of you against her punishment, might i ask what would you set as the punishment. also lets say one of the kids riding that bus is your child and you seen this person commit this crime several times, knowing that your child might have to walk on that sidewalk. how does that make you feel?

That I can understand. But this is just humiliating. We should not humiliate people just because they are dumb.
    Call me cold, but...why not? She's dumb, and did something dumb, that happened to be very illegal. She doesn't really deserve to be noted as anything other than what she is, and that would be, dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unethical, but amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Its actually fairly appropriate, considering humilation stays in the mind longer than paying a measly fine, unless that fine somehow bankrupts you
    I guess she is/was dependant on her car - thus the actual loss of her drivers license weighs much more than humiliation - well If she needs to wear a silly hat while traveling with public transportations...

But I would always regret the loss of Money/License more than the humiliation... ok that 1h wasted for the show on the crossroad is also frustrating... but just because time is money...
    Last edited by Draqson; 2012-11-06 at 09:50 PM.

That I can understand. But this is just humiliating. We should not humiliate people just because they are dumb.
    No, but this is not punishment for being "dumb." This is punishment for repeated and willful diregard for traffic laws and the safety of children. And she sure as heck needs to be humiliated about it! She's getting off easy. She could have easily killed someone with that kind of action.

Meeeh. I hardly see it as such a bad thing what she did. In Europe we overtake all kind of busses all the time. Except we don't do it that retardely.
    If you speed past buses that are loading/unloading children you're doing something retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Everybody is an idiot sometimes. Driving on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus is idiotic. The punishment she's getting is also fine. Sure, it's humiliating, but it will pass. It's better than fining her into poverty and preventing her from ever driving again.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2012-11-06 at 10:13 PM.