Want to replace radeon HD 7850 for an NVIDIA card

Hello,

I recently built a new computer and I went with a Radeon HD 7850 for my graphics card. Now that I have everything set up I wanted to run Mac OS but this card is not supported. So what would an equivalent NVIDIA card be? That way I will be able to run a hackintosh. GTX 660? or 670? they are both more expensive I originally paid $199 for the 7850 card. I will only be playing WoW.

Thanks

Deleted
    ehm swapping video cards because you are making it into a hackintosh , that doesn't make any sense for gaming.
    what for do you want to run mac OS? (if non graphic applications you could work with just intergrated graphics ,if those present in your cpu)

GTX 660 or GTX 660ti is the closest in performance.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    ehm swapping video cards because you are making it into a hackintosh , that doesn't make any sense for gaming.
    what for do you want to run mac OS? (if non graphic applications you could work with just intergrated graphics ,if those present in your cpu)
    I just prefer having a mac over windows. I have had a MBP as my main computer since 2007 and I am already accustomed to it. I am only playing WoW so I don't think I will lose any performance by switching my OS.

Raps thank you for that link I was looking for something like that. So the 560ti is what I should be looking at?

Deleted
    660(ti) is better for performance compared to the older 560(ti) card.
    However for solid advice, knowing what cpu would help allot since it is about WoW performance.
    also why not just go dual boot option? saves the hassle of swapping cards while still being able to do both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voski View Post
    Raps thank you for that link I was looking for something like that. So the 560ti is what I should be looking at?
    No, passmark is a crap way of benching stuff.
    Like butler said, a 660/660ti is your best bet

CPU:Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
    Motherboard:ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA
    RAM:G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB
    PSU:CORSAIR Builder Series CX500 500W
    HD1:SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC128B/WW 2.5" 128GB
    HD2: Seagate barracuda 500gb

Sorry I can not post links (which is fucking annoying). I found a 660 on newegg with item # N82E16814130826 that looks pretty solid.

I don't think I can dual boot with the 7850 as it is not supported by Mac OS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tom's hardware has a nice hierarchy of GPUs with a side by side comparison of the two.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ew,3107-7.html

I'd go with the 660 for nvidia or ATI the 7950!
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

GTX660Ti works well in OSX and runs WoW without issue (in OSX).

Don't you have to buy the mac editions of the graphics card? I think they're labeled MX.

You don't. There is no official Apple cards faster than HD5870 anyway.