Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pretty sure a key reason is so you aren't all rolling on exactly the same cloth/mail loot.

Also cleave and interrupts as above.

I can think of more reasons to take melee than my BM hunter which has zero cleave, pet doesn't get buffed by floor buffs (Stone Guard, Garalon) and has probably the worst aoe of any class in game.

Don't think there is a reason that makes it absolutely necessary to take a melee. On the other hand one or two in a ten man setting are certainly no huge obstacle either and it probably makes gearing up easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Paragon used two melee through most of H MSV, world first. Not sure what your problem with melee is.

They have superior interrupts.
    They usually have superior cleaving.
    They usually have superior mobility.
    They have superior mobile DPS.

GL doing Garalon, Wind Lord, H Spirit Kings, or H Will without at least 1 melee. Beyond that, they are not absolutely terrible for any fight. Most people do hate getting chained to melee on SG, though ranged that have actually played melee DPS have no problems.
    1. No argument
    2. No argument
    3. Somewhat true.
    4. Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    4. Hunters
    I thought they were removing Fox in 5.1... Right now they still have to plant to cast Steady or roll Fox at a DPS loss. They are the only ranged with mobile DPS pretty much as good as melee, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Melee have we us with because raid officer am I yes, waste of gear will be avoid also be.

Infracted~
    +1 made my morning

What's the downside of bringing melee? REAL downside.

Two simple reasons to bring a rogue to your 10 man :

- Feint
    - Blade Flurry

This is more than enough

10+ Year Old Account
    We're looking for a warrior at the moment as our previous recruit kind of disappeared on us. Warriors are cool. We want one. And the only reason we're not also looking for a rogue is that we have wayyyyyy too many people sitting on that token already.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    I thought they were removing Fox in 5.1... Right now they still have to plant to cast Steady or roll Fox at a DPS loss. They are the only ranged with mobile DPS pretty much as good as melee, though.
    You misunderstood what removing it means. They are not removing the ability to cast on the move, they are making it baseline and they are removing Aspect of the Fox because it will always be on. Hunters will cast everything on the move without having to sacrifice the attack power aspect.

Fire mages can also do damage on the move with only a small loss of DPS, though invocation will require them to glue themselves to one spot for a brief while every 40 seconds or their DPS will tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interupts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Melee have we us with because raid officer am I yes, waste of gear will be avoid also be.

Infracted~
    Answers question, gets infracted anyway. :facepalm:

Interrupts,
    Increased crit,
    Increased DMG from pallahs,
    Demoralize
    Cleaves, Blade Flurrys, AOE
    Reduced Armour

Plenty of reasons for mellee now
    I used to have a signature, then a mod removed it ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Walks into Heart of Fear. Looks around. Sits the ranged.
    Would love to see how you do second boss without Ranged

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Answers question, gets infracted anyway. :facepalm:

It's pretty obvious why he was infracted. It was an awesome post though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    ofcourse you need ranges, but our ranges didn't anywhere near the dmg that our warrior and our monk did

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Don't the problem. Healers go ranged and manage positioning of tornadoes. easy =p

Why to brong Melee dps to raid ?

- some one have to take melee gear witch will drop , to meny range mean problem with gearing up them all
    - melee have better Cleave AoE them raged to fast kill group of adds
    - some figst favorite mele dps ( Garalon , Empres Sheek'zir if you do her in right tactic) for others 1-2 melee make fight easier then go full ranged ( Will of Emperor , Spirit kings , Blade lord, Wind lord )

fore me best choice is raid comp with 2 melee 3 ranged

Nice english. I'd say melee dpsers are better at some fights like Will of the Emperror, Garalon maybe, dunno.

Deleted
    High dps, interrupt, stuns and for some fights you just need to have some melee since blizzard balances around a team having 2-3 melee. Most melee specs also have very high burst and some nice cleave damage. They also give buffs which increase tank dps and survival and having a group full of int users sucks.
    Last edited by mmoc19d4ea8031; 2012-11-07 at 10:07 AM.