My Ethernet dilemma. Need help!

So basically this simple image drawn beautifully in paint shows my current setup, and what I plan to do.
    http://i.imgur.com/5fwsa.jpg

The red wire (or lines) is my current setup and atm I have to keep switching from Second PC to 360 to use xbox live.
    What i want to do is run both xbox and second pc internet at the same time. before u recommend another ethernet wire just want to add that second pc is far from router and atm im using a 30m ethernet wire. xbox 360 is close to second pc.

The blue wire I drew shows what I want clarification on if its possible to do? Have a ethernet switch by pc 2 and xbox (i already have 2 short ethernet cables) and connect the switch to the router and pc and xbox to the switch?

Would that work? Any other methods to get something like this to work?
    Last edited by naimc; 2012-11-07 at 01:56 AM.

A switch like you have drawn is basically the best option aside from running another cable from the router.

Although, I am a bit confused why your main computer is connected to the modem and not router.

I am confused as well, why not run everything through the switch?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Although, I am a bit confused why your main computer is connected to the modem and not router.
    Sorry, it is. Derp on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyturga View Post
    I am confused as well, why not run everything through the switch?
    Because of the distance between the 2 pc's, it would practically mean the same setup and I would be back to square one of my problem.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 10:28 AM ----------

This setup exactly is what I am wanting to do. Does this work? That is all I need to know please
    Last edited by naimc; 2012-11-07 at 10:29 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep that will work.

Tyvm. Went out and bought a switch and working like a charm

Thanks again mmo-champ!