Deleted

My Troubling Headset Issues, HELP needed in deciding.

Hello there,
    My name is Energyq and I have a pretty troubling issue.

Atm I am stuck. I cannot decide which headset to buy. I have looked at a few such as:
    • Steelseries Siberia v2 frost blue edition
    • Astro A40 audio system
    • Tritton 720+ 7.1 dobly surround
    • Logitech G35 Surround Sound Headset

Obviously the Astro is the most expensive one, and logitech g35 is a pretty low budget one. Atm I am looking for an inbetween, if at all possible. A good price for a good product. I want to make sure the audio and especially the mic fuctions and works perfect. I have looked at a bunch of reviews of all headsets but there are so many opinions everywhere. One says the mic is great the other one says it isnt that great (this is the case for the steelseries one). Obviously the great winner is the Astro A40, but i just don't want to throw away my money like that because I know that PERFORMANCE + QUALITY =/= PRICE. For example I heard from someone he said the g35 which costs 70 Euro's beats the Tritton 720. I am mainly interested in using the PC, so compatability with the PS3 or XBOX aren't a factor. I currently use the razer megalodon, but the mic broke off and the headset is getting kinda stretched, however, it worked perfectly and the mic was nice as well. I am not sure if I have a soundcard onto my motherboard, but considering that I got 5.1 dolby surround through the USB I believe I do. Another thing to take into account as well is the fact that I don't want to spend alot of money for a headset and then have to buy a soundcard for it (if it turns out I dont have a integrated sound card.

The thing is, I am asking for your opinion as what my choice should be, I would really appreciate it if you could give me your reason as why you believe this is better than the rest.

Thank you for your time, your response and thank you for reading.
    My apologies that it was a long read, so here, have a cookie. /give cookie

Energyq out!

PERFORMANCE + QUALITY =/= PRICE is correct.
    Headsets tend to never have good performance and or quality for their price, mostly just the convenience of having a microphone. If you just HAD to get a gaming headset, i'd point you to either the cheapest a4tech or the corsair vengeance 1500 but a pair of good or even mediocre headphones will pretty much make any competing headset in the price range obsolete.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."