Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Sell the greater cerulian spellthreads instead. They still go for anywhere from 700g-1300g on my server and they don't cost much to make. Although it's a bitch only being able to make 1 imperial silk a day.

On a somewhat related note. How the hell are people selling the royal satchels already? I thought the only way to get them was to be exalted with august celestials. I was 90 within a few days after xpac, and did the golden lotus/august celestials dailies every single day and I'm only half way into revered. Is there another way to gain rep with them? Or another way to get the damn satchel pattern? Someone help me out here!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    The problem is I doubt they'll ever be much cheaper as long as there is active raiding going on healers and caster dps will need intellect leg enchants, and those will set the value of an imperial silk. No one will sell bags which take much more effort to make (getting the pattern, saving the cloth, etc.) for less than they can sell an item for which there is a much higher market.
    Today I bought a healer and caster leg enchant for less than 500g each.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have two tailoring toons....neither will be making these bags...I am one of those upper rich players and you know how I got rich I worked my butt off mining...skinning and other things and not waste my gold on stupid crappy bags that only offer 2 more slots per bag to my inventory of any of toons I put them on....my main uses 3 22 slot bags...1 36 slot mining bag and my original back pack...yes my bags stay full especially when carrying two sets of armor but I manage since I do have the Grand Yak that replaced my Tundra Mammoth from LK hehe....so I can sell off junk faster and not have to hunt down a Npc to sell my junk too....heck my 22 slot bags are not even crafted ones...they are in game reward ones..

Deleted
    I honestly don't see any point paying that kind of amounts for couple extra bag space. I'm actually using 4x 20 slotters right now on my main, should check AH I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    Sell the greater cerulian spellthreads instead. They still go for anywhere from 700g-1300g on my server and they don't cost much to make. Although it's a bitch only being able to make 1 imperial silk a day.

On a somewhat related note. How the hell are people selling the royal satchels already? I thought the only way to get them was to be exalted with august celestials. I was 90 within a few days after xpac, and did the golden lotus/august celestials dailies every single day and I'm only half way into revered. Is there another way to gain rep with them? Or another way to get the damn satchel pattern? Someone help me out here!
    Some people boosted their rep with GL by farming Guo-Lai chest keys and Hozen peace pipes. That allowed them to start the AC dailies days earlier than everyone else. Also you used to be able to do Red Crane dailies every day even if it wasnt the hub so you could get 2x the rep.

I made 90 3 days after the expac released and made it to exalted with AC a little over a week ago (all dailies every day). The only rep boost I had was the guild perk and Halloween buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Some people boosted their rep with GL by farming Guo-Lai chest keys and Hozen peace pipes. That allowed them to start the AC dailies days earlier than everyone else. Also you used to be able to do Red Crane dailies every day even if it wasnt the hub so you could get 2x the rep.

I made 90 3 days after the expac released and made it to exalted with AC a little over a week ago (all dailies every day). The only rep boost I had was the guild perk and Halloween buff.
    Wow I guess there were a few ways around it. I've been farming the rep forever and after reading this thread I'm starting to wonder why. Seems to me like you can make a LOT more money (at least on my server, I don't know what the economy on the other servers is like) just by selling the greater cerulean spellthreads. Thanks for informing me as to how they got it so much faster than I did. I was curious as all hell about that. I wanted to be one of the first people on my server with the pattern but now it seems like it was a blessing that I wasn't. Everyone I know that made these bags is selling them a LOT cheaper than what the mats are worth.

i dont get iw why blizz didnt make them just so big its would be easy to sell =) Bagspace allways requested..or a special Bag for twinks =)``

I spent maybe 5 days leveling to 90, then did dailies every day for lotus/celestials I got a few keys through questing but never farmed it, and never got scratch.(I put off doing killaxi and anglers mostly until later just to keep from going daily-crazy). I will get exhalted with celestials today, get the pattern, make 3 or 4 bags.

I think this is probably going to be the point where they start being more common on the AH and such.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    As an update to my earlier post, the satchels are now on the AH at 8K. Quite a drop over the course of two weeks.

The spellthreads are currently going for 500g, so it is still actually profitable to make and sell the bag over the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    For selling, Royal Satchels cater to those with millions of gold. Try finding out who they are, and selling directly to them. Otherwise, just hawk till you find someone interested.
    Eh I broke the million through the 2nd faire and I still just wouldn't pay 12k or even 10k for them. I understand there should be a slight additionnal gain for seller that has farmed august celestials to exalted but I doubt even people who really like bag space will ever pay that much. Spellthreads are selling 600-800 on my server and I wouldn't pay over 8k-9k for a bag regardless of the million mark.