prefer pvp hunter spec for 5.1?

Is Bm still there or is survival/marksman viable now?

With 5.1 A LOT of Hunters are looking at the changes and are jumping ship and rerolling.

Correct me if I am wrong but the Hunter changes in 5.01 thus far (the big ones) are...

Marksman:
    -Careful Aim: Increases the critical strike chance of your Steady Shot and Aimed Shot by 75% on targets who are above 80% (down from 90%) health.
    -Steady Focus: When you Steady Shot twice in a row, your ranged attack speed will be increased by 15% and your Steady Shot will generate 3 additional Focus for 20 (up from 20) sec.

Beast Mastery:
    -Bestial Wrath: Send your pet into a rage causing 20% additional damage for 10 sec. The beast does not feel pity or remorse or fear and it cannot be stopped unless killed. This ability is being changed so that pets can now be CC'd WHILE under the affects of Bestial Wrath.
    -Lynx Rush: This ability has pretty much been nerfed into the ground, really really hard. This will no longer be used by...anyone.

To answer your question, I do not believe the class in general will be too "viable" in Arena after 5.0.1. The changes to Marksman just aren't there for PvP. For PvE the Steady Focus and Careful Aim changes are pretty decent, for PvP Blizzard seems to have missed the part where Aimed Shot quite literally hits like a wet noodle. I am not suggesting that you reroll; however, I would not have incredibly high hopes for the future of Hunter PvP - at least not any time soon.

Hunter PvP will likely return to what it has been for quite a while, possible if you have the required skill; however, really not too enjoyable outside of Random Battlegrounds.
    Last edited by Ovacor; 2012-11-08 at 05:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovacor View Post

To answer your question, I do not believe the class in general will be too "viable" in Arena after 5.0.1. The changes to Marksman just aren't there for PvP. For PvE the Steady Focus and Careful Aim changes are pretty decent, for PvP Blizzard seems to have missed the part where Aimed Shot quite literally hits like a wet noodle. I am not suggesting that you reroll; however, I would not have incredibly high hopes for the future of Hunter PvP - at least not any time soon.
    This is the first time that I have to say that I do agree.
    BM could still be very viable if you are skilled enough. But seeing MM as my favorite specc I do not like this.
    I'm going to explore with my Mage and Monk in arena.

As MM last night with T1 PvP weapon:

I know its just a BG but it felt pretty good. We'll see in arenas though.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

10+ Year Old Account
    Until Blizzard catches the clue, and bans Stampede in pvp period(like they did with Army of dead for dks) hunters will be cc'd to death... all these minor nerfs aren't doing shit to stop the qq bitches about hunter's burst in pvp...

its pvp that's destroying hunters for pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Changing BW has still pissed me off royally, I could deal with them banning stampede just dont touch my perfectly balanced spells -_-.
    its amazing that a spell that has been untouched and unchanged for nearly 8 years is somehow OP now. They messed up in changing skills when stampede was bugged, now they need to re-evaulate everything. But blizzard is far to ignorant and arrogant to admit they made a mistake.