Mistweaver Stance Dancing

Quick question, I recently hit 90 on my Monk, and I get the basics of healing on him. I was just wondering if Stance Dancing would be better for longer fights that you need to conserve mana on for Chi generation? By this I mean aside from the normal rotation of Jab - Jab - Uplift you could go Stance of the Fierce Tiger - Jab - Jab - Stance of the Wise Serpent - Uplift - Uplift.

What this does is it allows you to only Jab twice, since 1 Jab in Tiger Stance is 2 Chi, and be full Chi. But mainly, it costs energy, so you're not using any mana rather than 80 energy. It takes the same amount of global cooldowns to get full Chi, 4 globals, and you save 18,000 mana. The only problem I see with this is less Eminence healing since you're only jabbing twice instead of 4 times.

Just looking for some thoughts and opinions on this.

Note - Here is the macro I use to easily switch between stances -
    #showtooltip Stance of the Wise Serpent
    /castsequence Stance of the Fierce Tiger, Stance of the Wise Serpent

All chi resets to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    All chi resets to 1.
    Not to mention they are upping the % chance the soothing mists generates a chi to 35% which will help a lot.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The chi generated in tiger doesn't carry over to serpent. The only useful things you can do in tiger are keep your tiger palm buff up and use your level 30 talents.

Quote Originally Posted by TyloBedo View Post
    The chi generated in tiger doesn't carry over to serpent. The only useful things you can do in tiger are keep your tiger palm buff up and use your level 30 talents.
    And they'll be crap, because you won't have attack power.

theres no reason to go in tiger stance. im not sure why we even have a option in the first place.

Deleted
    When the patch hits, if you are in a situation where you cannot mount, and need to move you get 10% extra speed in FT stance :S

Is all I can think

10+ Year Old Account
    It is NOT VIABLE one bit, first you lose hit and expertise caps, second you have NO attack power (i have 482 AP in tiger, 38k in serpent), and as mentioned your chi will be reset. Not even remotely thinkable or viable. Only reason to ever change to tiger stance will be running back from a wipe with the speed bonus (10%) in 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jake5467 View Post
    It is NOT VIABLE one bit, first you lose hit and expertise caps, second you have NO attack power (i have 482 AP in tiger, 38k in serpent), and as mentioned your chi will be reset. Not even remotely thinkable or viable. Only reason to ever change to tiger stance will be running back from a wipe with the speed bonus (10%) in 5.1
    Actually 18%, it will be one of the few stack-able move speed buffs (10% from Stance and 8% form enchant)

10+ Year Old Account
    No reason at all to stance dance, do not bother. Just cast jab in Serpent Stance.

Chevelle founder and Guild Master of<Divide and Conquer> @ Frostmane EU
    Also please follow me on Twitter

You can precasts healing spheres through tiger stance using energy they will be buffed if u are in serpent stance when they activate

Not that its useful...

Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    theres no reason to go in tiger stance. im not sure why we even have a option in the first place.
    the only thing I have noticed about Tiger Stance that makes it good for healing is that all your DPS attacks cost energy, and your mana is still regenerating behind the scenes. (though I don't think you can build stacks of MT in Tiger Stance.)

So, you could go OOM, spam attacks that hit for ~0 damage while your mana slowly regens behind the scenes...

If you have sufficient spirit, you can spend half the fight in a somewhat DPS rotation and still end up with enough mana to heal the last bit. It's what I did on Blade Lord Ta'yak (second boss HoF) since our DPS was still a bit lacking. I was consistently using my spirit trinkets on CD and had 2 shamans in the raid for mana tides. Made sure I ended up with 5+ MT stacks and 50% mana or more to go into the last phase. It depends on your other healers really. Still using ReMist on CD and Uplift for Unseen strike, and coming top on healing meters means this is a viable alternative. Just make sure you have the mana available for the last phase and slow down with jabbing/blackout kicking if needed.

Maybe just to ress people and cast buffs. Aside from that, MW stance dancing doesn't exist right now.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*