Thread: Wild Quiver

  1. #1

    Wild Quiver

    It will now do weapon damage rather then 80% weapon damage... I wonder if this will get Marks where it needs to be to match BM.

  2. #2
    Does it mean 100% weapon damage? or is it just a tooltip change so that it specific refers to RANGED weapon damage. (As opposed to the confusing melee that we don't' have?)

    Anyone able to test on the PTR to confirm?

  3. #3
    i cannot play my toon on the PTR so i cannot see if there is a difference. Honestly with the threashing BM is getting i wouldn't mind seeing Marks get fixed in order to be viable again, seeing how i highly dislike the SV playstyle.

  4. #4
    I honestly do not believe this is enough to put Marksman on par with Beast Mastery. If they give a buff (outside of careful aim) to Aimed Shot and perhaps we will see it then.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovacor View Post
    I honestly do not believe this is enough to put Marksman on par with Beast Mastery. If they give a buff (outside of careful aim) to Aimed Shot and perhaps we will see it then.
    I don't think its enough either, however, going from 80% to 100% as is a possiblity of ranged weapon scaling, that is a 25% boost to something that deals ~10% of the damage of marks.

    This would end up being a ~2% damage buff, while not huge, combine that with CA phase changes, it could be enough for now. At least to not be bottom of the barrel.

  6. #6
    It does not have to be superior to be viable. SV is close enough to BM that its viable while being less damage. Marks just isn't close enough to be useful at this point.

  7. #7
    This won't fix the spec in PvP either. Marksmanship has no fun to it. It's boring. You choose it and get...3 abilities that are not interesting. No unique utility at all, it all went into the talent trees. No good burst either, so why play it?

  8. #8


    This is how the mastery appears on the ptr... Will do more testing to see if they haven't changed the tooltip and whatnot.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  9. #9
    they just need to buff steady and cobra shot to ATLEST 100% weapon damage. Aswell as MASSIVLY buff Chimera shot and explosive shot. Dont care of what they do with hunters in pvp already given up on that part.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    they just need to buff steady and cobra shot to ATLEST 100% weapon damage. Aswell as MASSIVLY buff Chimera shot and explosive shot. Dont care of what they do with hunters in pvp already given up on that part.
    Survival and BM are fine, maybe on the lower end but its not like we're not competitive. Not needed.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Survival and BM are fine, maybe on the lower end but its not like we're not competitive. Not needed.
    you must not get what "competative" means. to be competative it means you have the ability tow in, hunters cannot win against mages locks or warriors if they are players by a semi intelligent person.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    you must not get what "competative" means. to be competative it means you have the ability tow in, hunters cannot win against mages locks or warriors if they are players by a semi intelligent person.
    Competative: well suited for competition; having a feature that makes for successful competition: a competitive price. (dictionary.com)

    Hunters do competative dps, meaning, they do enough dps to kill the content. In addition, they are considered optimal and not just "viable". On feng 25 man, hunters beat all but the top mage spec, warlock spec, and shadow priests. We beat ele shaman, boomkin, and inferior mage and warlock specs.

    Do we need buffs? Well, we're not #1 so an argument can always be made, however I would prefer them bring all our specs even to each other rather than buff the class to compete with others.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •