Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Iran attacks American drone

you can read about it here
    so basically Iran tried to shoot down an American drone in international airspace just before the election.... any thoughts on this
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how this happened on Nov. 1st but we didn't hear about it until AFTER the election. GG Transparency.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a part of me that thinks about how the Vietnam war began with the offshore ship incident. Other part of me just facepalms and shakes my head at Iran's stupidity if it is true.

relieved. apparently iranian pilots can be outflown by an unmanned, unarmed drone

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    relieved. apparently iranian pilots can be outflown by an unmanned, unarmed drone
    Actually Iranian pilots are very skilled since they fly outdated (non automated) planes and they get recruited in US easily after some good years of experience there

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    Actually Iranian pilots are very skilled since they fly outdated planes and they get recruited in US easily after some good years of experience there
    im being facetious in a thread deliberately intended to rile people up

10+ Year Old Account
    So they can't hit a propeller powered subsonic remote controlled airplane.

I wonder what they were firing at it with. Some outdated cold war technology? Also, we could wonder what kind of electronic counter measures surveillance drones are equipped with.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    I wonder what they were firing at it with. Some outdated cold war technology? Also, we could wonder what kind of electronic counter measures surveillance drones are equipped with.
    guns on an outdated ground attack aircraft
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    who cares, it was probably so embarrassing that they couldn't hit it that they won't try again.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    I love how this happened on Nov. 1st but we didn't hear about it until AFTER the election. GG Transparency.
    Read the story? Triggered a formal warning through diplomatic channels and I would assume they waited until after they got a response from Iran before announcing anything was done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Do you need to hear about every little detail especially when its not about human lives?
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    it wasn't an attack it was a protest in response to a video
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squaddles View Post
    There's a part of me that thinks about how the Vietnam war began with the offshore ship incident. Other part of me just facepalms and shakes my head at Iran's stupidity if it is true.
    The incident is interesting. South Vietnamese ships backed up by signal intelligence US ships both viloated North Vietnamese waters. The SV ships made an attack.
    Later on when the VM ships set out to persue they came across the USS Maddox (which had by now retreated out into international waters) and asumed it to be resposible (which is partly correct) and the battle began.
    The story of USS Maddox being attacked on international waters for no reason is a myth if to fully understand the events.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2012-11-09 at 03:25 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Do you need to hear about every little detail especially when its not about human lives?
    I would consider acts of aggression from another nation against U.S. property as newsworthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't blame the Iranians to shoot that bird. You don't fly such a toy just for fun. If I was an Iranian, I wouldn't like those things to spy on me. The USA would do the same if, say, the Russians sent a drone too close to Alaska.

Deleted
    Lol, they couldn't even hit it, silly Iran.

I read this as "Iron Man shoots down American drone".

I'm disapointed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Can't blame the Iranians to shoot that bird. You don't fly such a toy just for fun. If I was an Iranian, I wouldn't like those things to spy on me. The USA would do the same if, say, the Russians sent a drone too close to Alaska.
    it was in international airspace as in 12miles away from the border.... i doubt any cameras it has are that good
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    it was in international airspace as in 12miles away from the border.... i doubt any cameras it has are that good
    I don't know. Satellites have cameras that can clearly take picture of a one meter objects a few hundred miles away. If I wanted to spy with a drone, I would use cameras at least half as good.