Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beej View Post
    the horde military is turning against its own capitol
    Actually we don't know, and so far it doesn't seem very likely.
    Garrosh vs the whole Alliance and Horde armies without any military help? A very interesting and uncertain fight... :S
    Unless the Legion, the Old Gods or something else kicks into the equation, that is.

I love this idea, they should make the effects of this realistic. We haven't really had any real occupation in WoW yet, would be interesting.

I agree, subways and beers!

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I love this idea, they should make the effects of this realistic. We haven't really had any real occupation in WoW yet, would be interesting.
    Well the Orcs pretty much control Undercity.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

Wait. 2 of the Alliance's kingdoms? Theramore and what?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Well the Orcs pretty much control Undercity.
    Didn't think of that.

But they only wanted to help! Like the Russians back in the 50s and 60s

Please, make a Protectorate of Durotar, that would be extremely bad ass. Then there could be "operation Anthropoid" in patch 6.2, but the Alliance would completely wipe out the Echo isles as revenge.

Funny that in their people hate Garrosh so much that they can't see why he felt the need to put Orc guards in Undercity, it was the right thing to do - if thrall wasn't such a gullible idiot he would have done the same.

Bullshit about it being like the Russians back in the day is just retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Story issue I forsee:
    It would be almost a complete joke story wise if, Garrosh is defeated and the Alliance hands the horde over to "blank" and leaves. That does not make sense, that is illogical and that is poor story telling.
    But if they don't take the city in the first place, how are they gonna "not hand it back"? Sending 10/25 man raid + some backup doesn't look much like an ocupation of a city.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Funny that in their people hate Garrosh so much that they can't see why he felt the need to put Orc guards in Undercity, it was the right thing to do - if thrall wasn't such a gullible idiot he would have done the same.
    I don't see them keeping the demons out any better.

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    [IMG]But if they don't take the city in the first place, how are they gonna "not hand it back"? Sending 10/25 man raid + some backup doesn't look much like an ocupation of a city.[/IMG]

lore wise im going to assume its a full out invasion

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

When I read your post OP I thought abit like District 9 :P With orcs being the Aliens.

I don't see why people are under the impression that by defeating Garrosh, the entire Horde is being defeated as well. probably 80% of the Horde are turning against Garrosh. And there is zero chance that the Alliance are going to be like "alright now that we worked together with the non-orc races of the Horde to defeat Garrosh, we're going to turn against them and take over the main city of the Horde." You can wish it, but it won't happen.

From what i gather the whole point for mists is to resolve (some what) the main issues between the horde and alliance (Garrosh) so we are united against the upcoming threat , burning legion?

From the 5.1 dailies , king Varian doesn't seem to have the blanket hate for the horde anyone. He seems to see the bigger picture that he should be fighting to protect not for revenge or bloodlust ( along those lines).

So alliance holding half of Org goes against all of this and is illogical story telling.
    And i havn't even gone to say why from a gameplay perspective , that this is a terrible idea.

A interesting idea but it ends there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    '
    I don't see them keeping the demons out any better.
    Huh?

I have no clue what you are talking about!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    [IMG]But if they don't take the city in the first place, how are they gonna "not hand it back"? Sending 10/25 man raid + some backup doesn't look much like an ocupation of a city.[/IMG]

lore wise im going to assume its a full out invasion
    Different assumption then. I don't believe a single moment that it's gonna be any kind of invasion. More like Horde and Alliance joining their forces to take down a common enemy. Just because they have to.

Huh?

I have no clue what you are talking about!!!
    As in I believe Forsaken can defend their city just as orcs could. And don't say "well we saw how well they can do it in WotLK" 'cause we have no idea how orcs would manage. Hell, they've been having problems in their basement for quite some time and they haven't been able to get rid of the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    As in I believe Forsaken can defend their city just as orcs could. And don't say "well we saw how well they can do it in WotLK" 'cause we have no idea how orcs would manage. Hell, they've been having problems in their basement for quite some time and they haven't been able to get rid of the problem...
    I have to disagree, the forsaken have had too many secret agendas, it makes sense to keep an eye on them.

Theres no way that should last more than a couple of weeks

Huh I dunno why no one suggested it...but how about the Garrosh friendly forces control half of org. And the forces that are hostile against him control the other?

With only the raid showing these changes, the first 1 or 2 bosses could be some of garrosh's officers makin a preemptive strike against players in the orgrimmar the players control.

Then Vol'jin and the other npcs who are orchestrating the offensive, push in with the players. Each npc going for a different officer of garrosh's in his part of orgrimmar. Once those officers are downed. Garrosh's headquarters is opened..and everything converges on his position. With him doing somethign with the Sha or old gods or whatever..and with him being taken out.

Does that sound plausible to anyone?

Err, what are you talking about? The guards were added in 3.3, when Thrall was still the Warchief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    Actually we don't know, and so far it doesn't seem very likely.
    Garrosh vs the whole Alliance and Horde armies without any military help? A very interesting and uncertain fight... :S
    Unless the Legion, the Old Gods or something else kicks into the equation, that is.
    My personal bets are Blackrock orcs and the mogu remnants after we've killed the Thunder King.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Err, what are you talking about? The guards were added in 3.3, when Thrall was still the Warchief.
    Yes Thrall was warchief but I'm pretty sure the guards were sent by Garrosh, either way my main point was that the forsaken really can't be trusted.

I like the idea as long as....

In a retialiatory measure the horde throw a customs checkpoint just outside stormwind.