Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Why would it go to the alliance? That doesn't make sense at all. You honestly have no clue how to tell a story if you think it's illogical that the horde retains its capital. Sorry, this idea doesn't really make any sense and you're just grasping at straws.
    Kiyu - TG
    http://gimpedguild.org

h
    ttp://www.justin.tv/kiyuulive - Warlock PoV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick View Post
    Anybody who thinks that the horde will lose orgrimmar is delusional. There is no way blizz would make the biggest horde city a warzone. Think of all the noobies that would get wtfpwned on their first visit to a major city.

It might not be good story telling, but the horde will have orgrimmar to themselves in 6.0

do u even read. when did i say the alliance guards will be killing horde players.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    do u even read. when did i say the alliance guards will be killing horde players.
    You didn't. You said alliance guards would kill alliance players.

Clearly this makes sense and we are all the wrong ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    I would see a lot of players, including myself, be very agitated at having Alliance troops, enemy troops, in our capitol city
    A lot of players, including myself, were very agitated seeing Orcs destroying Ashenvale, squatting in Silverwind, bombing Astranaar, and defiling Stonetalon. A lot more were really pissed to see Southshore completely destroyed, Andorhal lost, Gilneas abandoned and the Alliance presence in north EK completely gone. If this is the route they go with, and I really hope it is, deal with it as we have on the other side of the fence...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    You didn't. You said alliance guards would kill alliance players.

Clearly this makes sense and we are all the wrong ones.
    clearly you just would rather make trouble. I explain why. Its obvious why. for game mechanic reasons and the possible end to a massive conflict where tensions will still be amazingly high between the factions. rogue alliance who intend to make trouble will be handled. Horde players lore wise and game player wise will be able to move freely in the city

this entire idea is 100% lore and cosmetic and hardly affects gameplay in the slightest.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would kill the alliance guards....Seriously my nope is that Orgimmar is ruined and they build or go to another city.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Idea: Org should be split into 2 zones. An alliance "friendly zone"
    Worst idea in orc kind history my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    /inspect him, then comment about his leg slot could use being upgraded.
    Then invite him to come and tank & spank you and promise him that you'll drop pants for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I would kill the alliance guards....Seriously my nope is that Orgimmar is ruined and they build or go to another city.
    they are basically reskins of your normal guards. they will not be killable by your faction.

as i repeat this is a cosmetic and lore situation. it harldy affects game play and would only be temporary for possibly a patch or 2

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 06:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Serb1a View Post
    Worst idea in orc kind history my friend.
    include quotation marks to imply this is not exactly what it will be

has an entire explanation that is ignored.

clearly you just would rather make trouble. I explain why. Its obvious why. for game mechanic reasons and the possible end to a massive conflict where tensions will still be amazingly high between the factions. rogue alliance who intend to make trouble will be handled. Horde players lore wise and game player wise will be able to move freely in the city

this entire idea is 100% lore and cosmetic and hardly affects gameplay in the slightest.
    Sorry, but you're just so unwilling to even explore alternatives. It makes zero sense for Alliance guards to kill Alliance players in lore, especially on the behest of the king of stormwind. Lorewise this is sound. This is not up for debate. Find me an instance in lore where an alliance guard was encouraged and praised for slaughter of his own men, please, and I will shut up.***

What would make MORE sense is if the faction occupying Orgrimmar was a neutral faction, keeping the peace and monitoring the restructuring of Org. If you think the Alliance and Horde conflict will be DECREASING by the Garrosh raid you are mistaken, and after the clash comes to a head there will be zero chance of Alliance occupying Horde territory, peaceably or otherwise.

***One where the guy in charge didnt turn out to be corrupt or evil or otherwise NOT looking out for the best interest of the alliance.

While it's a crazy idea, it does it job, seen by the several horde players reaction to it (I'D BE PISSED!)

Perhaps it would kickstart the whole horde vs alliance.

Not an entirely bad idea OP, and seeing how it happens in RL, i fail to see why it couldnt happen in a game, honestly... you play a talking cow or a talking panda who shoots fireballs out from nowhere, but Orgrimmar beeing occupied by the force that invaded it, makes no sense whatsoever? what?!

10+ Year Old Account
    this would make me resub for a month to sit in ogrimmar ally side =)

I'am afraid it would hurt the game/horde tho
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde and the Alliance will defeat Garrosh at the end of this Xpack.

Its a group of Horde rebels actually. This is kinda moot though.

Story issue I forsee:
    It would be almost a complete joke story wise if, Garrosh is defeated and the Alliance hands the horde over to "blank" and leaves. That does not make sense, that is illogical and that is poor story telling.

Idea: Org should be split into 2 zones. An alliance "friendly zone" (alliance players will still be attacked if they go to this side by guards, even alliance guards) and the other half should be the horde rebel controlled zone. The alliance Military Npcs will be flagged as Unfriendly to everyone. Org should be separated down the middle with a gate. You will still be able to travel through both sides of the city, but on the "alliance side" npcs will point weapons in your direction.... and all u wanted to do was use the bank.

Due to game mechanics alliance players will be killed by all guards, lore reason. Its a delicate situation now. Alliance adventurers who risk the delicate "peace" will be taken out.

Also this would not be a permanent scenario. over time it would eventually become 100% horde again when a true mutual trust can be obtained.

New quests, story lines, and characters can emerge from this. This can easily phase out later in the xpack

Discuss
    Regardless of HOW Garrosh is disposed of, do you really think the Horde will allow a single Alliance "hero"/soldier to stay in Orgrimmar?

Personally, I think they will be given a 5 minutes head start, to start running, before they will be hunted down like a pack of rabid dogs...
    After Theramore was dealt with, Alliance only have a few zones in the very north of the continent, making it IMPOSSIBLE for them to maintain an occupational force, in the hearth of enemy country..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    A lot of players, including myself, were very agitated seeing Orcs destroying Ashenvale, squatting in Silverwind, bombing Astranaar, and defiling Stonetalon. A lot more were really pissed to see Southshore completely destroyed, Andorhal lost, Gilneas abandoned and the Alliance presence in north EK completely gone. If this is the route they go with, and I really hope it is, deal with it as we have on the other side of the fence...
    This.

And you Hordies get it good as well - it's simply cosmetical whereas the Alliance lost a bunch of quests (I loved to level in Southshore, personally). If the idea pisses you off - great, that's the point.

If the idea is just to have guards kill alliance players, why would the guards be alliance members? Why not just make them horde guards that kill alliance players when they enter the city? Oh wait...

I doubt Garrosh will be killed. He'd want to be killed in battle, I think he'll be exiled back to Nagrand in shame. That would be more of a punishment than death for someone like him.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    While it's a crazy idea, it does it job, seen by the several horde players reaction to it (I'D BE PISSED!)

Perhaps it would kickstart the whole horde vs alliance.

Not an entirely bad idea OP, and seeing how it happens in RL, i fail to see why it couldnt happen in a game, honestly... you play a talking cow or a talking panda who shoots fireballs out from nowhere, but Orgrimmar beeing occupied by the force that invaded it, makes no sense whatsoever? what?!
    my point exactly. Org is invaded, it will likly be occupied. people are arguing semantics instead. its irrelevant if alliance skinned guards due to game mechanics will have to kill alliance players who cause trouble.

I still dont know why the alliance would trust the horde again right away, not only had they just destroyed alliance kingdoms, but destroyed tons of alliance territory as well. there is no logic behind allowing the horde to continue going as it did even under new management.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 06:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Regardless of HOW Garrosh is disposed of, do you really think the Horde will allow a single Alliance "hero"/soldier to stay in Orgrimmar?

Personally, I think they will be given a 5 minutes head start, to start running, before they will be hunted down like a pack of rabid dogs...
    After Theramore was dealt with, Alliance only have a few zones in the very north of the continent, making it IMPOSSIBLE for them to maintain an occupational force, in the hearth of enemy country..
    hence why its temporary

Deleted
    After we kill Garrosh Saurfang will come and cleave Alliance out of Org. simple as that. the impact of alliance raid and NPCs hurtling through the air to Stormwind will also knock down all the other statues on stormwind bridge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick View Post
    If the idea is just to have guards kill alliance players, why would the guards be alliance members? Why not just make them horde guards that kill alliance players when they enter the city? Oh wait...
    due to game mechanics alliance guards (due to no military tribunal mechanic, and due to abuse of any kick out (like in dalaran) mechanic will have to simply put down players who bring trouble to a delicate situation)

they are basically just horde guards with a new skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert West View Post
    After we kill Garrosh Saurfang will come and cleave Alliance out of Org. simple as that. the impact of alliance raid and NPCs hurtling through the air to Stormwind will also knock down all the other statues on stormwind bridge.
    Actually lol'd irl

10+ Year Old Account
    i see what will actually happen now

Varian: ok what now
    Vol'jin: leave?
    Varian: ok!