Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Maybe the "rebel" Horde help a small contingent of Alliance warriors into the city (or under it) to help get to Garrosh and whoever's side your on fights him. A small shard of the Horde appeals to the Alliance saying it's for the best of both sides if Garrosh was out of the picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    what makes people think the alliance will be in any state to occupy orgrimmar

for all we know both sides could have been utterly demolished before Garrosh is killed
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

As a Horde player i think that would be an awesome idea.
    You could then rise the tension and have the alliance guards abuse their power more and more and then at some point have the horde rise up again and throw them out of their city.

But i´m afraid they won´t do it because it would create thousands of "horde favoritism" threads, the complaining would reach new levels.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    The Horde and the Alliance will defeat Garrosh at the end of this Xpack.

Its a group of Horde rebels actually. This is kinda moot though.

Story issue I forsee:
    It would be almost a complete joke story wise if, Garrosh is defeated and the Alliance hands the horde over to "blank" and leaves. That does not make sense, that is illogical and that is poor story telling.

The Alliance who had just suffered 2 of its kingdoms decimated, several of its territories destroyed, countless killed.... will blindly allow the rebels of the horde to simply take over no questions asked? Especially if Thrall the one who put Garrosh in charge in the first place is the one returned? I find it easier to believe in an occupational story line rather than..... ok bye

Idea: Org should be split into 2 zones. An alliance "friendly zone" (alliance players will still be attacked if they go to this side by guards, even alliance guards) and the other half should be the horde rebel controlled zone. The alliance Military Npcs will be flagged as Unfriendly to everyone. Org should be separated down the middle with a gate. You will still be able to travel through both sides of the city, but on the "alliance side" npcs will point weapons in your direction (they will not shoot for obvious reasons).... and all u wanted to do was use the bank.

Due to game mechanics alliance players will be killed by all guards, lore reason. Its a delicate situation now. Alliance adventurers who risk the delicate "peace" will be taken out.

Also this would not be a permanent scenario. over time it would eventually become 100% horde again when a true mutual trust can be obtained.

An idea for how this ends, Sylvanas and Lor'themar will likly not have had a bulk of their troops in org under Garrosh's control. Saurfang also has a force in northrend still. They could come back and forcibly remove the alliance presence leading to a continuing lore tension that can continue pvp plot points within the next expansion

New quests, story lines, and characters can emerge from this. This can easily phase out later in the xpack

Discuss
    Great idea IMO. They need to take some risks with the story and make it interesting. It's been horrible as of late.

Alliance should just Burn the city to the ground and who knows the Orc's might actually move out of the baron wasteland into a more fertile valley.

Deleted
    Genn, it would be a good idea even if they'd have the Alliance sort of have a district, but the outcry from Hordies would be too big so Blizzard would never do it, and this is not like the outcry of the Alliance players, I mean when hordies yell "balance, balance" they get their stuff (getting the special un'goro raptor back, getting same amount of mount numbers as alliance, not having gilneas city be a full alliance capital, not having worgen level in silverpine etc) and nobody calls them whiners, yet when alliance players don't like something it's the other way around and when Horde have more it's called good by many (Theramore destroyed even if there was reason for war from before, the ugly worgen horse, alliance having one less class-race combo etc) . So, to please the hordies, this will never happen.

Just look in this thread, you're just proposing an idea and people are jumping at you like it's the end of the world.

Deleted
    I like that idea, like it a lot. Alliance should get their moment of glory, even for a short time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    not having gilneas city be a full alliance capital, not having worgen level in silverpine etc)
    since the forsaken plagued the city (and was then inhabited by worgen under the thrall of a black dragon) im not sure WHY you want to live there...

also on pvp realms silverpine is a 'horde' zone, meaning ally players are flagged there and horde arent, imagine the crap this would stir up (especially now, with x-realm zones)
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Even as a Sen'Jin i want to fight on the side of Garrosh. He doesn't deserve such a lame end. He should have died fighting the burning legion, bringing glory to his family and washing the shame of the Orcs part of the Legion.
    Maybe he'll even ally with the Legion.

Deleted
    I believe the most reasonable thing to happen is the Horde rebels, as you call them, turn on the Alliance and decimate a big chunk of their army, compensating for the heavy losses Horde's own army suffered. That way, the Horde vs Alliance conflict perpetuates but the Horde doesn't have to deal with a maniacal, corrupted leader

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    I like that idea, like it a lot. Alliance should get their moment of glory, even for a short time.
    and since when has the horde ever managed to lay siege to an alliance capital? in books prior to WoW yes, but never while people have been playing WoW

however, there is one thing that will be sure, by the end of this expac everything will be back in the status quo
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2012-11-09 at 10:44 AM.

I don't think half of the responders even read the post, he's not suggesting we "lose" Orgrimmar, he is saying make it like post ww2 Berlin, which could lead to more scenarios later on, aka Horde forcing the Alliance out for good/etc. Sounds like a good way to kill time instead of going wellllll Garrosh is "dead" time to fight baddie number 6.
    Would be nice for once to see story lines continued things like Gnomeragen/echo isles just ending irked me would have been more fun to me to have things to do like the old war effort for Aq gates to rebuild them. instead of losing half they could have Alliance guards everywhere for a time have have scenarios with the Horde pushing them out from a staging point "Troll quarter", while Alliance players get a scenario to "hold the line". eventually leading up to Horde control of the city.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Genn, it would be a good idea even if they'd have the Alliance sort of have a district, but the outcry from Hordies would be too big so Blizzard would never do it, and this is not like the outcry of the Alliance players, I mean when hordies yell "balance, balance" they get their stuff (getting the special un'goro raptor back, getting same amount of mount numbers as alliance, not having gilneas city be a full alliance capital, not having worgen level in silverpine etc) and nobody calls them whiners, yet when alliance players don't like something it's the other way around and when Horde have more it's called good by many (Theramore destroyed even if there was reason for war from before, the ugly worgen horse, alliance having one less class-race combo etc) . So, to please the hordies, this will never happen.

Just look in this thread, you're just proposing an idea and people are jumping at you like it's the end of the world.
    I don't think the goblins themselves have a real goblin city so I believe that it is even. And Theramore getting destroyed was pretty much a no brainer. If you ever read any of the books, you know the Horde(part of it) had a real problem that Alliance had settled so close to them. It was a problem from the get go, if Garrosh did not attack it, he would just be stupid.

This expansion has a moral behind it, that the Horde and Alliance fighting is senseless. After we kill Garrosh, the Horde and Alliance will try to better their relations, not worsen them by trying to occupy each other's cities. We have a coming threat to Azeroth, and it is far greater then our quarrels of Horde vs. Allaince.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

While it'd be nice from a lore standpoint, I don't see Blizzard doing it.

Ruling out incompetence, either on Blizzard's or the Alliance's part, there's one conclusion I can come to: maintaining a meaningful military presence in Orgrimmar is expensive. Alliance territories and infrastructure are strained by the war, and it would cause more damage to allow the homefront to remain weak than it would to allow Orgrimmar to go without a military presence.

Then we can build a wall through the city and the Alliance side has to drive trabants and eat terrible food. Consider it done!

Deleted
    Alliance should never be allowed inside of Orgrimmar.

Them even touching our warchief is a disgrace.

Like we need those space, pinkhaired midgets, women with beards and stuff to bring down our own.

So funny.

I'm sorry, but your idea of "good" story telling would be too essentially tear the nuts off of one faction. That's just straight out not gonna happen.

PS. I welcome Warchief Saurfang with open arms.

First off, I'll start off by saying that I have played both sides off and on since the release of WoW. All of the characters I've played for the better part of the last two years have been Alliance. So I'm not exactly a hardcore Horde fanboy. The creator of this thread, judging both by his name and his suggestions, however, is clearly head-over-heels in love with the Alliance, so anything he says regarding the Horde should be looked at with extreme suspicion.

Moving on to actually dismantling this... "idea", I guess you might call it -- it's actually just a weird Alliance fantasy, but we'll pretend it's a legitimate idea for now. The first gigantic problem with this is that it requires players -- you know, the people who actually pay for this game -- to be prevented from attacking enemy soldiers. We've always been able to attack enemy soldiers. Fuck, we can go into our enemies' capital cities and kill almost every citizen and even the opposing faction leaders. And suddenly half of the playerbase can't attack enemy soldiers in their own home city? That's a joke. Anything that prevents one faction's players from attacking enemy non-ambassador units within their own walls is just a non-starter of an idea.

Second, as other people have already pointed out, this is entirely based on the insane idea that a gigantic conquering Alliance army will be able to get within ten feet of Orgrimmar's gates. It could turn out that way, but you should probably wait until you actually find out one way or another before you start planning what parts of the city would make a great summer home for Alliance nobility. For all you know there will be a combined army, probably involving a lot of Pandaren, or even a Pandaren army entirely to help ensure neutrality, and all of this will look ridiculous in a few months' time.

Finally, only the incredibly arrogant rate their own storytelling prowess so high in comparison to others as the OP does. Not that I think Blizzard's storytelling is all that hot, but "hurr durr, let's try to shoehorn a Berlin Wall into the game because I hate the Horde" isn't exactly touching the lofty heights of great storytelling either. This kind of thing would fit better on an Alliance-centric fanfic forum than here.

The Alliance and Horde will make some sort of peace after defeating Garrosh. They will unite forces, because the Burning Legion is returning next expansion .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    I'd rage hard. Orgrimmar is for the Horde, and no matter how Garrosh's plan goes down, any Horde that endured that surely would not endure losing half of the legacy of Orgrim to the Alliance.
    Yet they let the alliance be the Horde's bitch, totally bent over with pants down.
    They let the horde take territory over territory and destroy Theramore.

Time to set some things even for a change?