Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Damerflinn View Post
    That seems like an awfully low amount of spirit. I haven't really kept up with Monks and how they are gearing until recently, but it seemed like every other class was using a minimum of 10k spirit. So that seems like it will be your problem.
    I completely missed that part. While we don't need 10k Spirit (I heal 25 man heroics with an effective amount of around 9500 if you factor in trinket procs and almost never go OOM), 6.8k unbuffed is dreadful. Make sure you're gemming for full Spirit except when the socket bonus deems it otherwise. Until you can use both an Int flask and Int food on fights and still have mana, you should be reforging/gemming everything towards Spirit that you can.

Edit: Just realized OP's armory is in his sig.

Looks like you have two major problems impacting your Spirit. First, Jewelcrafting really screws with your gems because the ratio of stats on Serpent's Eyes isn't the same as it is on normal gems, forcing you to use two pure Int gems. Change your pants gem to a Brilliant Serpent's Eye and switch your helmet gem to a regular Sparkling gem. Your two chest gems should be purple and green, red and orange. For some reason you understood this with your belt gem, but were inconsistent with your other gems. You also need epic leg and shoulder enchants, that's a big chunk of Int and Spirit you're missing.

Secondly, your gear is just plain awful for heroic modes. Get VP shoulders or bracers, those 450s are ridiculously lowering your potential.

As a final critique, I hope your current talents were never used in a raid. Having both Chi Wave and Rushing Jade Wind is very suboptimal. If you want to go half and half between better single target and better AoE, get Xuen and Chi Burst. On Feng and Gara'jal, Chi Burst should be your go-to Chi spender, and RJW should only ever be used when you can spam SCK for the full 12 seconds, something only possible on Gara'jal with the mana buff after exiting the spirit world.
    Last edited by Totaltotemic; 2012-11-10 at 12:41 AM.

The DPS is almost insignificant, I usually hover around 10k dps when I do a lot of jabweaving.

I'm kinda sorry you feel you are ooming much as jabweaving because it's probably the most efficient healing. I honestly cannot bear SoM chi gen I almost only use it on super restrictive encounters positionning wise or when there's too little damage just channel a tank and hope for the best. With that said I think the mana goes much smoother as jabweaving once you hit 8k base spirit - which really ain't too bad to get if you force yourself into capping arena weekly on top of your normal pve gearing process. I'm using 483 shoulders/belt/bracers atm because I got the monk up a lil late and am still aa bit behind on gear and it really helped.

Another way around which I like for the 2 above mentionned encounters is SCK for chi gen and then the rest of the same stuff you would do. You wind up with sightly less chi gen but the total healing done by SCK over jab compensates it assuming you have more than 5-6 targets. I've noticed a few 25m MW actually stacking the crap out of haste for faster SCK chi gen since our raid role is sooooo aoe oriented. Sadly too many scenarios in 10m where you won't have a consistent +3 targets in range.

Anyway to answer your prime question, it will fix up around 8k baseline spirit give or take. At which point fistweaving will feel much smoother. We haven't really put efforts into garalon yet i got back to raiding late and the guild had an awful start so we're off to MSV HMs but with roughly 10500 buffed spirit I was able to sustain 100k hps (2 healing) and was still doing ok on mana 3-4 mins into the fight with a strat that was completely off doing SCK/ReM/Uplift setup

I felt that rushing jade Wind was pretty useful for Force and Verve, Xuen has such a long cooldown that I'm never sure it's Worth it. As for Chi Burst, like I said, I find really not many occasion where it would be useful over Chi Wave because most of the time the group is spread out, but it's fight dependant. I could be wrong obviouly, I see many people specced into those 2 talents... i do swap from time to time.

Those bracers are actually 458, but yes, I swapped to my monk only 2 weeks ago so I need to work on rep.

Looks like it's really a spirit issue.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Yeah he's just making up numbers, I just specced into it to test it again and it was right around 35k per bounce like I remembered it was. That's 140k total (before overhealing, which I guess is where it drops from 35k to 25k as it's not likely to avoid overhealing entirely). That's opposed to the 175k from Enveloping Mists (which you can be sure won't decide to go to another target instead), meaning you'd need a 35k increase in Soothing Mists to make up the Chi difference, which would be about 2/3s of a channel of Soothing Mists with the statue helping out, which you should be doing anyways if you're that concerned about tank healing.

Saying that Enveloping Mists can't do more healing than Chi Wave is simply false, it does more healing naturally and makes up the difference in Chi cost if you're also channeling Soothing Mists.
    While I don't want to review the math completely, this is overlooking the fact that EM gains tick with haste which raiding MW should be at least at the lower soft haste cap (same as ReM +1 tick). Thus you get either 4 heals of 35k for 2 chi (70k healing per chi) or 7 ticks of ~30k for 3 chi or 210k for 3 chi which is exactly the same 70k/chi.

With that said, Chi Wave still does have a few niche because of it's intelligent factor especially in 10m. I love that it picksup the lowest health target in range and saves me from having to either blow a SM or run a full EM on a secondary target who gets topped off by someone else anyway before full EM runs it's course. The fact that it's nearly 100% efficient synergieses very well with uplift spam aoes in 10m. It helps level out everyones' health more even to avoid having to overheal almost topped targets with an uplift, in order to pickup those that are still hovering around 60%.

*edit* The argumenting might feel misleading it's kinda from a redirect from this thread
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1225469-Chi-Wave
    That I ended up here.
    Last edited by Deau; 2012-11-18 at 08:32 AM.

I can't offer much help other than to comment on how low your spirit seems! If I remember correctly mine is sitting on 13k mana regen while in combat. I stacked spirit with food buffs and flasks, gems and enchants. I found this to be helpful to me in doing so as I still heal very effectively, I can fist weave without running out of mana but I can also pump out the heals when need to without running out of mana. Although I am just on normals, and not on heroics like yourself