Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
24
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Still, he is quite high on every add comparing to rest - just flat out high dps downtime. Looking like between gates he waits for adds instead of nuking boss.

  2. #262
    Hey guys,

    I'd like to know how to handle high add situations.

    ie. Horridon, and Wind Lord.

    Generally I feel I don't know when to pop CDs and handle my dmg. Also I know the rotation for AOE is the same as Single Target, but swap CS for HOTR, and TV for DS.

    But It feels a little unintuitive to me - why wouldn't I proritize HOTR more? Why not inq>Divine Storm>HOTR>Exo>Judgement?

    I tend to do very well in Single target fights but my multitarget DPS is mediocre.

    Would appreciate the help!

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Hey guys,

    I'd like to know how to handle high add situations.

    ie. Horridon, and Wind Lord.

    Generally I feel I don't know when to pop CDs and handle my dmg. Also I know the rotation for AOE is the same as Single Target, but swap CS for HOTR, and TV for DS.

    But It feels a little unintuitive to me - why wouldn't I proritize HOTR more? Why not inq>Divine Storm>HOTR>Exo>Judgement?

    I tend to do very well in Single target fights but my multitarget DPS is mediocre.

    Would appreciate the help!
    Exo is above due to Glyph of Max Exo.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    Exo is above due to Glyph of Max Exo.
    Fair enough but just for arguments sake

    1. With the running about in Horridon (Wind Lord I totally agree with Glyphing Mass Exo), I'm not sure losing the range on Exo is worth it. Your only ranged would be judgment.
    2. Which T5 talent is best for that Horridon fight? I love sanctified wrath but then I'm not sure on rotation. Probably HOTR and Exo on CD, with Hammer of wrath as filler?

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Fair enough but just for arguments sake

    1. With the running about in Horridon (Wind Lord I totally agree with Glyphing Mass Exo), I'm not sure losing the range on Exo is worth it. Your only ranged would be judgment.
    2. Which T5 talent is best for that Horridon fight? I love sanctified wrath but then I'm not sure on rotation. Probably HOTR and Exo on CD, with Hammer of wrath as filler?
    Are you purely on adds? Or are MCing Horri? Personally, I MC Horri and our DPS is rather high, so adds aren't alive long enough to really worry, most of my CDs are popped on Horri in between Gates, I barely get to take advantage of hero on 3rd gate due to the fact that I'm stuck MCing anyway.

  6. #266
    Stood in the Fire Orochiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    420
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z...ne/?enc=bosses
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...malia/advanced

    I'm raiding in a 10man guild that is currently working on Megaera and would like to get some tips on how to improve my DPS in general. I started raiding again after a 2 year break about a month ago and I'm also playing a class/spec combination that I have pretty much never played before.
    If anyone can give me some improvement tips I would be grateful.
    (Yes that PvP helm is what I'm using because I have bad luck in LFR and no I don't have the gem for my weapon...)

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/z...ne/?enc=bosses
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...malia/advanced

    I'm raiding in a 10man guild that is currently working on Megaera and would like to get some tips on how to improve my DPS in general. I started raiding again after a 2 year break about a month ago and I'm also playing a class/spec combination that I have pretty much never played before.
    If anyone can give me some improvement tips I would be grateful.
    (Yes that PvP helm is what I'm using because I have bad luck in LFR and no I don't have the gem for my weapon...)
    Why do I get the feeling you use your potions and the Shado-Pan assault trinket pretty much randomly? You don't really align them with GoAK and AW, but rather when you remember they're there to use..

    Go to your char's log and set to watch the buffs gained, you will see how the important ones overlap (or not).

  8. #268
    Sweet, Sword of Light buffed from 15% to 30%.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    Sweet, Sword of Light buffed from 15% to 30%.
    Not a good thread bud.

    Sha of Fear Melee hit You 372908 Physical. (766625 Overkill) (Critical)
    Begging us to buff is sometimes easier than trying to beat the boss.(Source)

  10. #270
    Moderator Malthanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Not nearly out of the way enough
    Posts
    4,678
    Let's keep it focused to helping people with their DPS, please.

  11. #271
    How do you guys prioritize Crusader Strike and Judgement:

    During AW without the 4-set?

    During AW with the 4-set?

    Outside AW with the 4-set I'm assuming it's still CS > Judgement, even more so now.

  12. #272
    Stood in the Fire Orochiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    Why do I get the feeling you use your potions and the Shado-Pan assault trinket pretty much randomly? You don't really align them with GoAK and AW, but rather when you remember they're there to use..

    Go to your char's log and set to watch the buffs gained, you will see how the important ones overlap (or not).
    Hmm do you mean that I should use a potion when my trinket procs or that I should somehow track it's cooldown? I use all my CDs at the start usually because thats when my Shado-Pan proc is up every time. Then after that I usually use my CDs when they come off cd (GoaK and AW).

  13. #273
    Greetings.

    We've recently gotten a new paladin in our raid team, and he seems to be heavily underperforming, but since i dont really know anything about how to play a ret paladin i was hoping you guys could help we figur our whats wrong

    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...?s=3711&e=4296
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...teron/advanced

  14. #274
    well he has shit gear for one. Full lfr, no tier bonuses, awful trinkets. Please tell me it's his off-spec.

    He has WAY too much crit, even the first item from shado-pan assault is bad. Cloak, trinket and ring would have been much better choices with all that haste on them and considering his worse-than-relic trinkets.

    His gemming/enchant is good though aside from boots which should have the +175haste enchant. He is over the expertise cap by a large amount, try giving him the clue to use reforgelite. (His weapon should be reforged from expertise instead of mastery for instance, that should do it).

    Now onto the logs : he didn't sync GoAK with wings/HA, both times he uses it. instead, he only synced HA with the early beginning of guardian. 88% on inq is not bad but should be tiny-bit higher.

    Now, the first thing he should do is read the paladin reribution guide for mop because this thread is made to help already-trying-their-best-paladins-knowing-basics, basics he clearly doesn't know about : poor CD usage and sync, wrong rotation (he clearly poses J before CS which is bad outside of CDs) he generated 260 HP, 60 used for INQ, 200 left for TVs which would make ~66TVs and he has only 38 which means he regurlarly cap his HPs and stil hit generators buttons.

    This guide is a great one, he really should get a go with it : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Paladin-guide!

    But again, his gear is really a burden too. Less than 7k haste more crit than mastery. Some PVP gear slots are better than what he has (493 shoulders for instance, as well as 493 belt and neck, those three have native haste on them).
    Last edited by metasaigneur; 2013-04-12 at 09:44 AM.

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    Hmm do you mean that I should use a potion when my trinket procs or that I should somehow track it's cooldown? I use all my CDs at the start usually because thats when my Shado-Pan proc is up every time. Then after that I usually use my CDs when they come off cd (GoaK and AW).
    You should try to overlap as many of your procs and cooldowns. It was very late for me when I posted the above, considering the Shado-Pan as an On Use trinket. However, you should have an addon to track its cooldown, yes, to know when to use or delay other abilities.

    Here's your album from the first four bosses in ToT: http://imgur.com/a/TC06h
    As you can see marked, you can improve on potion usage as well. By the way, more Inquisition uptime would also come in handy. We're talking here about fine tuning, so don't feel insulted I'm ruffling your feathers (no pun intended). :P

  16. #276
    Stood in the Fire Orochiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    You should try to overlap as many of your procs and cooldowns. It was very late for me when I posted the above, considering the Shado-Pan as an On Use trinket. However, you should have an addon to track its cooldown, yes, to know when to use or delay other abilities.

    Here's your album from the first four bosses in ToT: http://imgur.com/a/TC06h
    As you can see marked, you can improve on potion usage as well. By the way, more Inquisition uptime would also come in handy. We're talking here about fine tuning, so don't feel insulted I'm ruffling your feathers (no pun intended). :P
    Thanks for the clarification.
    I usually use potion before the pull and then forget to use another one later on (Which should obviously be when I have GoAK and AW again or Heroism). I have also noticed that my Inquisition uptime isn't always 90%+, especially on fights where I have to do extra distracting things like tortos and horridon. I guess it's just a matter of getting more used to playing the spec.

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcula View Post
    How do you guys prioritize Crusader Strike and Judgement:

    During AW without the 4-set?

    During AW with the 4-set?

    Outside AW with the 4-set I'm assuming it's still CS > Judgement, even more so now.
    I should reword this and just ask how the 4-set changes our priorities. And why does Judgement take priority over CS during AW? And is it still that was with the 4-set?

  18. #278
    Both questions are somewhat obvious if you just take time to analyze benefits from each abilities. And they have been answered many times already but here we go :

    J hits harder than CS, even with the mastery component. So, during AW, where you have 0 empty GCD and can spam whichever ability you want, prefer those that hit harder.
    If you have 4set, between J or CS is just a question of "do I have the buff for holyTV or not?" if you have it, J first, if you don't then CS>J to allow bigger chance to have proc for holyTV.

    Outside of CDs, yes, CS>J because of maximum ability-usage and effective cooldowns. CS has lower cd than J so you don't want to delay it otherwise, you will lose on total amount of HP generator hits and thus lose TVs.

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    Thanks for the clarification.
    I usually use potion before the pull and then forget to use another one later on (Which should obviously be when I have GoAK and AW again or Heroism). I have also noticed that my Inquisition uptime isn't always 90%+, especially on fights where I have to do extra distracting things like tortos and horridon. I guess it's just a matter of getting more used to playing the spec.
    You need big icons and timers on your screen, then. I know I have a Power Auras for Inquisition. And others..
    Only for buffs/procs watching, Rikh suggested Debuff Filter and I immediately jumped on the bandwagon. However, for timers and cooldowns watchers you should get another addon, like clcinfo or anything to show you when X trinket/ability will come off cooldown.

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    If you have 4set, between J or CS is just a question of "do I have the buff for holyTV or not?" if you have it, J first, if you don't then CS>J to allow bigger chance to have proc for holyTV.
    With that being the case, at what point would you ever use Judgement during Avenging Wrath? Unless I'm overlooking something, the priority starting from 0 Holy Power would be:

    HoW > CS (proc) > HoW > TV (proc consumed) and repeat, or if no proc;
    HoW > CS (no proc) > HoW > TV to 0HP, repeat to try for a proc again.

    Either way, I'm not seeing room for a Judgement during AW, with or without a 4-piece proc. If I get it, it would be consumed before CS comes back around in the rotation, so I would use CS again to fish for another proc. If I don't get the proc, I would use CS again at its next spot in the rotation to try again for a proc.

    Am I overlooking something?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •