Page 44 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Hello,

is getting 4p set bonus worth more than the 575 ilvl Ordos items?
    I have Chest and Hands Normal Quality T-Set;
    Legs , Shoulders & Head are 575 upgraded Ordos Drops.

My armory: Ghettofaust on Anetheron-EU Horde Bloodelf (cannot post link...)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Limp0r View Post
    Hello,

Thanks!
    Yes it is, 4set will give you way more dps for ST and especially for AoE more then that IL difference can. So go for 4 set and don't worry about losing IL as you'll gain way more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Limp0r View Post
    Hello,

Thanks!
    4 PC is greater than almost any upgrade you'll ever get.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't have the time to commit to solid raiding these days, and I'm maxed out with LFR gear. I've followed the Icy Veins guide with a few of my own tweaks for my play style. Any advice to help me over the current plateau would be wonderful. Currently using Flashblak on the Draka server. Thank you!

So I'm looking to try and squeeze out some extra deeps on Heroic Garrosh. Can anyone look over my logs and see if there is anything I can improve on. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am darthbaul in the logs.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...=11&graph=true

armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rthbaul/simple

Quote Originally Posted by ssjohn311 View Post
    So I'm looking to try and squeeze out some extra deeps on Heroic Garrosh. Can anyone look over my logs and see if there is anything I can improve on. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am darthbaul in the logs.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...=11&graph=true

armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rthbaul/simple
    How many waves of adds do you have in p1? if its just 2 or less use your second wings inside the transition phase for aoeing adds down faster, its better damage, adds to higher usage of wings and kills adds faster, if the pack dies fast enough your trinkets should be close to being off ICD, if they are and I'm positive GOAK will be up, use GOAK, proc trinkets (on garrosh) and @ 12 stacks use ES. the goal for higher dps here is to use your CD's as soon as possible, only time I advise not doing so is if you need to burn p3 faster.

edit: what the fuck is wrong with your warlocks, a 70% uptime on curse of elements?!!?!

edit #2: use the holy pvp 4 pc before a pull to start the pull with 5 holy power (by casting flash of light), basically you swap back to your original gear @ like 6 seconds left on pull timer it basically lets you start the fight with 2 extra holy power and saves you from wasting 3 gcd's on gaining hopo for inquisition

edit #3: pool holypower sometimes if you know mind controls are about to go out or save a 4 pc proc to use when they go out,
    Last edited by MBDTF; 2014-09-21 at 05:39 AM.

Deleted
    That's still kinda inefficient for the PvP set, isn't it?
    I usually push up to 5 HP, when the pulltimer (10 seconds) starts i pop Inq, build 3 more HP to cap again (or 1 under cap works as well, seeing as i open with HoW and cap anyways), then swap back and instantly go all out.
    You'll lose 10 seconds of inquisition but that's the only downside as far as i know?

Edit: Now that i think about it, that probably takes like 60 seconds unless if you have a bunch of spirit gear, i've got roughly 14k in spirit from offgear that no-one needed, so i can basically pump out FoL non-stop to build it faster.
    Last edited by mmocd0dfe2084b; 2014-09-21 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucivero View Post
    That's still kinda inefficient for the PvP set, isn't it?
    I usually push up to 5 HP, when the pulltimer (10 seconds) starts i pop Inq, build 3 more HP to cap again (or 1 under cap works as well, seeing as i open with HoW and cap anyways), then swap back and instantly go all out.
    You'll lose 10 seconds of inquisition but that's the only downside as far as i know?

Edit: Now that i think about it, that probably takes like 60 seconds unless if you have a bunch of spirit gear, i've got roughly 14k in spirit from offgear that no-one needed, so i can basically pump out FoL non-stop to build it faster.
    Or you can FoL twice and then eat some mage food, hit full mana and FoL again. Rinse and repeat. Once you're at 5 HP, 1 HP drains everytime you reach full mana from passive regen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serani View Post
    Or you can FoL twice and then eat some mage food, hit full mana and FoL again. Rinse and repeat. Once you're at 5 HP, 1 HP drains everytime you reach full mana from passive regen.
    Pretty sure that it's just 1 HP drained every 10 seconds, no matter how much HP you have?
    And yeah magefood (or any food) should work as well, but with some extra spirit gear it's a little faster, at least it feels faster than when i used food for regen, the only disadvantage is that if someone ninjapulls you're stuck with more than just 4 useless pieces.

Hi guys! I'm a 548/552 ret pally. us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Skywall/Ajdhf/advanced
    I'm not a serious hardcore raider or anything, but would like some tips if you could? I recently did a flex nazgrim and a few people who I didn't know, told me that my DPS was too low for it (after we downed him). I don't have a log, but I was consistently pulling 180-190k during the fight, and ended at 189k current fight dps. Should my DPS be any higher or is it competent?

Heya

for Garrosh HC may guild asked me to go ret so the warrior could solo tank it. We are almost there but I have the feeling i am doing something wrong which results in me doing lower DPS that I should be doing and I can't figure out what it is. Here are the logs of last night.

Here is my Armory, I am also using my neck, cloak, bracers, boots and rings as prot. So I use the AMR optimalisation with those 6 locked and haste cap on 17.1k.

For my rotation i use CLCret with the following order
    inq ds_4t16_5hp tv5 how ds_4t16 tvaw cs j exo tv4 tv3
    I picked this up from a forum somewhere ages ago, during 5.4. As there is no ES in this priority I use ES pretty much when i got a 12 stack GoAK, or during AW, As those 2 are generally not far off with a 4/4 HCWF EEoG, is This correct?

During the fight I try to do the following

p1:
    the first set of adds a couple of DS more than enough to AoE them down.
    switch to the wolfrider till 30ish with interrupting him.
    2nd set of adds ignore so we don't have to deal with the 2nd warsong. My Inq should run off slightly after the when the 2nd warsong should take place, so I refresh my Inq while killing adds, Also I found when if i use Inq just before the mobs are dead I should have Inq up the first half of the intermission saving me the GCD and HoPo while under the DPS check.

intermission:
    Use ES on garrosh and make sure I enter it with 5 HoPo while preparing for the intermission.
    Run to the add use DS(and pray for proc's)
    SoL to run to the back adds
    On the adds in the back I'm interrupt duty use war stomp and than blinding light to prevent them from casting.
    GoAK should just turn come off CD when garrosh becomes attackable so I refresh Inq than pop all my cd's, ES should also be off CD halfway thru the duration of GoAK.

p2:
    here I start doubting what the right thing to do is. With the CD's
    I can use AW when it comes off CD from the intermission.
    I can use GoAK a bit before p3, meaning it is not off CD during BL, Same for AW. As we won't always make the DPS check for the 2nd intermission is it worth using 1 of them so we will make it.

P3:
    We start with BL
    pop all available CD's

p4
    I am doing kiting the iron star, so I will be missing my DPS there. I should use DP for the 2nd malice, when the iron star spawns. beside this I should pracatise more with kiting the iron star.

I would appreciate it when an expercienced ret paladin takes a look at this and gives me some hint's on things I am doing wrong
    Thanks you for taking your time to read this and hopefully on providing feedback

Deleted
    Don't really have time right now, but the first thing i noticed was the rogue and the hunter below you in terms of DPS, i think the biggest gains can be found there!
    As for p2: I suggest using cooldowns when you're in doubt if you're gonna make it before the 2nd intermission or when you're sure you wont make it. If you're sure that you'll make p3 before the 2nd intermission without you popping your cooldowns you might want to save them for the BL.

That's all i can give you right now, someone else would have to take a proper look at the logs for you.

Deleted
    Ansekh the first thing you should do is sort your gemming etc, you can boost your mastery atleast another 5.5% with correct gemming reforging. Please see http://cl.ly/image/0f1Q3B3E1u22

Phase one, we only get one set of adds now so My help wouldnt really be relevant but I pool 5hp just in time for adds and pray for procs usually have all cds up and pop a 12stack full buff/trinket/pot ES on Garrosh and hope I get a glyph of inquisition KB on the adds for some free Inq time (I dont always use the glyph though but it can help going in to intermission with 2mins of Inq up so I recommend trying to get KB's on adds pre intermission as you get a 2nd group you should transition garrosh before 2nd warsong anyway)

While in intermission it is a waste to use GoAK as when you come out of intermission it your guardian respawns and you lose yout stacks so always save it for after the intermission unless you have atleast 30 seconds left in intermission still. While in intermission I usually have my 2nd AW coming up so I pop that during intermission (usually so i have 15 seconds~ left after intermission on it still so I can allign 12stack AW with ES also in intermission i am using DP on CD as usual to stay alive..

P2 When I come out of P2 GoAK is poped straight away wait for 12stacks again and then use ES (Our dps seems to be alot faster than yours though but GoAK should be ready to use after intermission as stated above dont use during) This means your next GoAK and AW will line up toggether with HC WF Eye. (I have never gotten a second intermission during our kill with 2 tank 1 healer setup) If you are lacking dps and will it the second intermission you should just use the cds that come up straight away but at this point in the expansion you shouldnt be struggling with dps before phase 3.

P3 CD's should be lineing up again roughly pop AW, GOAK when ready use 2nd pots and go ham on the boss my group is 10m and during empowered whirling I just pop bubble and quickly kill the add that spawns by me we also have a rogue and the tank that had a chance to spawn one too but even with 3 spawning at the boss they die fast enough just stun it and burst it down. Keep nuking the boss till p4 (We kite the rest of the add)

P4 all CD's will be up once again you use them straight away not sure why you are kiting the ironstar during p4 paladins are garbage for it really you should give the job to a monk, rogue etc a class with more movement, but once your getting to p4 consistently its basically a kill.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...uras&source=20

Above is a good example of timeing your CD's and good luck.
    Last edited by mmoc17786dff60; 2014-10-02 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansekh View Post
    Heya

for Garrosh HC may guild asked me to go ret so the warrior could solo tank it. We are almost there but I have the feeling i am doing something wrong which results in me doing lower DPS that I should be doing and I can't figure out what it is. Here are the logs of last night.

Here is my Armory, I am also using my neck, cloak, bracers, boots and rings as prot. So I use the AMR optimalisation with those 6 locked and haste cap on 17.1k.

For my rotation i use CLCret with the following order

I picked this up from a forum somewhere ages ago, during 5.4. As there is no ES in this priority I use ES pretty much when i got a 12 stack GoAK, or during AW, As those 2 are generally not far off with a 4/4 HCWF EEoG, is This correct?

During the fight I try to do the following

p1:
    the first set of adds a couple of DS more than enough to AoE them down.
    switch to the wolfrider till 30ish with interrupting him.
    2nd set of adds ignore so we don't have to deal with the 2nd warsong. My Inq should run off slightly after the when the 2nd warsong should take place, so I refresh my Inq while killing adds, Also I found when if i use Inq just before the mobs are dead I should have Inq up the first half of the intermission saving me the GCD and HoPo while under the DPS check.

intermission:
    Use ES on garrosh and make sure I enter it with 5 HoPo while preparing for the intermission.
    Run to the add use DS(and pray for proc's)
    SoL to run to the back adds
    On the adds in the back I'm interrupt duty use war stomp and than blinding light to prevent them from casting.
    GoAK should just turn come off CD when garrosh becomes attackable so I refresh Inq than pop all my cd's, ES should also be off CD halfway thru the duration of GoAK.

p2:
    here I start doubting what the right thing to do is. With the CD's
    I can use AW when it comes off CD from the intermission.
    I can use GoAK a bit before p3, meaning it is not off CD during BL, Same for AW. As we won't always make the DPS check for the 2nd intermission is it worth using 1 of them so we will make it.

P3:
    We start with BL
    pop all available CD's

p4
    I am doing kiting the iron star, so I will be missing my DPS there. I should use DP for the 2nd malice, when the iron star spawns. beside this I should pracatise more with kiting the iron star.

I would appreciate it when an expercienced ret paladin takes a look at this and gives me some hint's on things I am doing wrong
    Thanks you for taking your time to read this and hopefully on providing feedback
    I checked random parts of logs, went deep in some parts and only took quick overview in others.

Now after that being said, due to wipes/deaths your Inq uptime got flawed but as you know keep that at 95%+ idealy near 100%.
    Your CD usage is good in SW ( HoW>Filler>HoW etc). On your last attempt (Try 20) you ignored adds, basically throwing 1-3 DS on those adds will give you huge dps. You can think of it like our burst, if we do good burst at start of the fight toward end we'll drop from higher number towards lower and if fight happens to finish soon you'll stay at higher dps numbers even tho that's not your effective dps.

But if you realy struggle with ST on Garrosh to push it before 2nd wolf then go for ST on Garrosh even tho your ST wont help that much but if hunter/rogue/warr increased their dps you would have it much much easyer.

When you are dpsing Wolfrider use DS on him, I assume you tank hin next or on top of the boss so you can cleave both targets down this is dps gain and on top of that you are nuking two prio targets thus not ignoring tacts. Also keep Censure up on Garrosh and Wolf don't let it drop off.

I would also recommend Holy 4p PvP set so you start fight with Inq up and idealy 4 Holy power if posb. When you pull the boss start with your normal rotation but the moment you see adds in the distance start pooling resources so you can unleas everything on finishers aka DS when adds are in melee range.

For PH 2 just keep using CD's as you get them. And yes you'll prob have AW only ready during BL and Goak bit later. With only 1 whirlwind phase in PH 3, once you enter PH 4 at start you'll have AW ready again and on 3rd malice or bit later you'll get your Goak+AW lined up once again.

I would realy recommend for your rogue to kite, he has burst of speed 70% MS with 100% or it's mybe 80% MS, either way they are best kiters for Ironstar and since you are doing more dps then he is it's overall gain for the raid.

If you talented UB ( Unless your tank is desperate for Hand of Purity) you should basically spamm DP for every Whirlwind, Adds in PH 1 (They do shadow damage), Malice, Iron Star explotion etc.

For PH 2 try to multidot and use Judgment with Double Jeopardy glyph (Unless you need slot for some other glyph) to juggle the buff between wep and boss, if you are in range of wep that is.

I see you have 1 min of dead time at 5min mark I assume that's when you reached 2nd intermission and then afk and used all CD's once you came out, overall that's huge dps loss for any class/spec and it will affect all palyers no mater what, if you were worrying about your dps being compared to other rets then that's the reason. If you are wondering why your dps is low compared to your classes in raid it's because they have much higher ST dps 10-20% higher ST on average and you are focusing fully on ST which wont help in your case if you wont "inflate" your numbers with bit of AoE here and there.

Rotation wise, CD usage you are doing it correctly, you are also keeping CD's up, you are using ES with trinket procs/goak, you are doing fine. Only thing that can increase your dps is RNG nothing more, especially since you are ignoring adds completly.

But as Lucivero said your warr/rogue/hunter should definitely do more dps especially ST on the boss. I compared your damage done on boss to theirs on some tries the total difference between warr/rogue/hunt and you is 20-40 mil ( 20-40mil warr/rogue/hunt being behind you) that can easly be translated into 5-10% of boss hp (That's looking at PH 2 hp) and that's only if they did equal dps to yours. I don't wanna be harsh on your guild mates but they do need to step up. If they do more dps your dps will go up aswell as you'll be able to retain higher dps due to burst from start and also you can AoE etc.

Hey all!

I'm a new poster here on the forums, but I have been lurking for years. I just recently started playing my ret pally and am curious how my dps is stacking up. I have read through most of this thread and have kept up with it daily, learning new rotations and skill priorities along the way. I think that I have a pretty good feel for ret, but am not getting the results that simcraft is showing. Now I know that simcraft is based on a 100% perfect PW fight so I do not expect those numbers entirely, but at least to get somewhat close.

My gear isn't the greatest as I've just started gearing, but here it goes!

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eddon/advanced
    WoL dummy fight: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...da/details/36/

I am just trying to find out if my dps is even close and rotation is okay or if I'm being complete dog sh!t.

Please be as critical as possible any increase in dps that I can get, even by the smallest margin is wonderful news for me!

Thanks in advance for any and all information given!

-Rawr

Quote Originally Posted by Dogchow View Post
    Hey all!

I'm a new poster here on the forums, but I have been lurking for years. I just recently started playing my ret pally and am curious how my dps is stacking up. I have read through most of this thread and have kept up with it daily, learning new rotations and skill priorities along the way. I think that I have a pretty good feel for ret, but am not getting the results that simcraft is showing. Now I know that simcraft is based on a 100% perfect PW fight so I do not expect those numbers entirely, but at least to get somewhat close.

My gear isn't the greatest as I've just started gearing, but here it goes!

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eddon/advanced
    WoL dummy fight: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...da/details/36/

I am just trying to find out if my dps is even close and rotation is okay or if I'm being complete dog sh!t.

Please be as critical as possible any increase in dps that I can get, even by the smallest margin is wonderful news for me!

Thanks in advance for any and all information given!

-Rawr
    Honestly WoL is terrible garbage, link logs via warcraftlogs if possible,

In any case what's your opener look like and what's your priority list?

Do you ever use glyph of Mass Exo? Or even Inquisition ever?

Quote Originally Posted by MBDTF View Post
    Honestly WoL is terrible garbage, link logs via warcraftlogs if possible,

In any case what's your opener look like and what's your priority list?

Do you ever use glyph of Mass Exo? Or even Inquisition ever?
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&source=37

There ya go! Sorry didn't realize that WoL was the dook :P I'll be sure to keep it out of here.

My opener goes like this:
    Exorcism>Judgement>CS>Inquis>{Pop all CDs ES/AW and GoAK}>HoW every other attack (Unless I have 5 HP then TV)

Priority list is:
    Keep Inquis up>HoW>Exo proc>Exo on CD>CS on CD>Judgement on CD>TV if @ 5HP (or everything else is on CD)

I do not use Mass Exo glyph or Inquis glyph.

Deleted
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...done&source=37

There ya go! Sorry didn't realize that WoL was the dook :P I'll be sure to keep it out of here.

My opener goes like this:
    Exorcism>Judgement>CS>Inquis>{Pop all CDs ES/AW and GoAK}>HoW every other attack (Unless I have 5 HP then TV)

Priority list is:
    Keep Inquis up>HoW>Exo proc>Exo on CD>CS on CD>Judgement on CD>TV if @ 5HP (or everything else is on CD)

I do not use Mass Exo glyph or Inquis glyph.
    You've got your priority list wrong. Even at your iLvl, you want to avoid Exo like the plague whenever you can. It's been multiple large SoL buffs and even more iLvls since that spell was even remotely worth pressing. It is absolute fucking ass because it procs neither Seal damage nor Hand of Light, so even if it looks more impressive just going by tooltip, don't fall into that trap.

Seriously. Don't use Exo unless everything else is on CD. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    You've got your priority list wrong. Even at your iLvl, you want to avoid Exo like the plague whenever you can. It's been multiple large SoL buffs and even more iLvls since that spell was even remotely worth pressing. It is absolute fucking ass because it procs neither Seal damage nor Hand of Light, so even if it looks more impressive just going by tooltip, don't fall into that trap.

Seriously. Don't use Exo unless everything else is on CD. Please.
    Alrighty, so Exo is off the list unless it's the very last ability off CD. Got it! Thanks

How did everything else look? After shifting Exo to the bottom of the list would everything else be in order?
    Last edited by Dogchow; 2014-10-03 at 06:26 AM.

Deleted
    Alrighty, so Exo is off the list unless it's the very last ability off CD. Got it! Thanks (How about if I proc it?)

How did everything else look? After shifting Exo to the bottom of the list would everything else be in order?
    Never press Exo. Ever. It's an absolutely terrible skill under all circumstances if you have an alternative.

Make sure you wait for GoAK to stack to 12 stacks before you cast ES, as it snapshots your stats when cast, and remember that since HoW scales with AP to a much larger degree than TV does (as TV is weapon-damage based), there are fringe cases during your opener with double str trinket procs where you may want to HoW at 5 HoPo rather than using TV - it doesn't matter if you waste HoPo if you fill every GCD with the highest possible DPET spell.