Page 74 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceresc View Post
    Armory Link: battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Ceresc/advanced
    Its always tough healing with a disc >.<

Your numbers seem to be fine for the most part but heres a quick rundown of how i heal the fight and you can mix and match where you see fit?

First, switch out prism for lights hammer (I'll guess that you might already have had it specced but changed it after the kill); what my guild does is designate a marker for ranged to stack (loosely) around so that your HR will always hit a few people.

A few seconds after pull I throw down Lights hammer on the designated stack position, which keeps people topped from the random debuff damage; 5 seconds before the first calamity hits i pop HA + DF, and blanket the raid with EF (depending on your dps HA + DF should be up during the AOE stack phase but not before), which will stack absorbs on those that are already topped but will also give you the burst you need to top up the raid after the first calamity has hit (20 second duration on both CDs i think?).

3 HP EF's on raid members that have any debuffs; also make sure that you're casting HR on one of the melee since you have 2 rogues and one kitty you'll always have HR heal them + the tank that is close to them at the time.

During the first AOE stack phase your hammer should be up; pop AW + hammer and place it where your raid is stacking, cast HR during this time. if this phase takes longer than usual (especially since you have a lot of melee) you'll have HA + DF up again so spam EFs on the raid as soon as it is up.

Continue to heal the mark of anguish phase in the same way (EF blanket, GG) using your CD's when they come up; be mindful of when the aoe stack phase starts (I can't remember what the phase is called =/) so that you can save lights hammer specifically for that phase as well as AW (if this isn't up pop an intellect potion).

Guardian is the only healing CD i haven't mentioned; since i raid with a Rshammy now i use it more liberally than i used to. If you have a clearly visible weak aura for lucidity, pop guardian when it procs and go to town with Flash of light on the raid. You can also try using Guardian and Holy avenger together if the raid is REALLY /afking on interrupts / sha sears / splash damage from the keg toss (again, terrible with names of abilities). I find this to be over kill but it is incredible mana efficient for the kind of burst healing you get from it.

Do you have a weak aura for your sha trinket? If you manage to line that up with a lights hammer + AW it can be incredible burst healing, especially when stacked.

Other than that divine light is terrible on any one but the beacon target ( free HP). Even if you're using it on the tank alone for HP generation, HR would always come out ahead for the aoe healing it does. A clearly visible weakura for lucidity proc is paramount; never stop casting even when it procs. As soon as you're done casting whatever you were, spam FoL on the beacon target and enjoy your free HP.

My apologies if most of this is obvious to you; you're doing fine for the most part, your holy shock usage is decent but consider getting a TMW for that; i have one cause my HS usage is terrible on occasion =/

Good luck !
    Last edited by frakhmir; 2014-01-15 at 09:43 AM. Reason: post within a post

Quote Originally Posted by frakhmir View Post
    Guardian is the only healing CD i haven't mentioned; since i raid with a Rshammy now i use it more liberally than i used to. If you have a clearly visible weak aura for lucidity, pop guardian when it procs and go to town with Flash of light on the raid. You can also try using Guardian and Holy avenger together if the raid is REALLY /afking on interrupts / sha sears / splash damage from the keg toss (again, terrible with names of abilities). I find this to be over kill but it is incredible mana efficient for the kind of burst healing you get from it.
    Why are you spamming FoL when GoAK is up? You should be using 2 point EFs with HR and HS when FoL is so inefficient.

And GoAK with HA? You are kidding right? 3 point EFs already have a ton of overhealing on their burst component, and you are exacerbating the issue by wasting a cooldown with GoAK?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

pospospos has it down; pot before pull too, you won't need DF on pull if you're lusting.

Pot + Holy Avenger + Lights hammer (on tanks), EFs on the raid; if you're making it past p2 its mostly about dps + heals soaking the swirlies correctly and not having their shields wiped by staying still for too long. You should easily break 500k burst hps on pull.

After the second round of swirlies use guardian to bring everyones shields back up to full, but witih a druid in tow that shouldn't be an issue. The fight is short enough to warrant using clemency, but unbreakable spirit can be incredibly handy for clearing orbs scattered around the room every 2.5 minutes or if you find oyurself out of position.

Pop HA + DF again during tank solo phase to keep everyone up during the random damage (try to pot here as well; the druid tranq after p2 should get everyones shields to full quite easily, but if you use holy avenger + DF late enough your efs should still be ticking by the time the first phase repeats again. hammer is an easy way to keep tank / melee shields up and is handy during tank solo phase as well.

huntingbear has a good point about LoH - aside from the mana, i prefer to use it on a soaker that doesn't have a full shield just before soaking.

decently easy fight to heal, not much else to consider other than your raid being lazy with standing underneath orbs for too long and not soaking swirliesi correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Why are you spamming FoL when GoAK is up? You should be using 2 point EFs with HR and HS when FoL is so inefficient.

And GoAK with HA? You are kidding right? 3 point EFs already have a ton of overhealing on their burst component, and you are exacerbating the issue by wasting a cooldown with GoAK?
    There are some points during an encounter where the flash spam is warranted, especially since it takes about 4 seconds including GCD to generate 2 hp to throw on a specific raid member; that is a lifetime (HS / HR 1.8 seconds with 7k BP) when the raid is spiking and you need immediate burst to react to it. Using your method it would be a maximum or 4-7 2 hp EFs on raid members plus the guardian heal which is decent used as a throughput CD just becuase, but when used when its really the only thing keeping you and your raid from wiping, flash spam is the way to go.

In the bit you've quoted i've mentioned that coupling those two CDs together is overkill; You've also disregarded the bit i said about using guardian when lucidity procs.

There are some points during an encounter where the flash spam is warranted, especially since it takes about 4 seconds including GCD to generate 2 hp to throw on a specific raid member; that is a lifetime (HS / HR 1.8 seconds with 7k BP) when the raid is spiking and you need immediate burst to react to it. Using your method it would be a maximum or 4-7 2 hp EFs on raid members plus the guardian heal which is decent used as a throughput CD just becuase, but when used when its really the only thing keeping you and your raid from wiping, flash spam is the way to go.

In the bit you've quoted i've mentioned that coupling those two CDs together is overkill; You've also disregarded the bit i said about using guardian when lucidity procs.
    HR + Daybreak/HS is pretty much equal to or more healing than a Flash of Light - on multiple targets. There are absolutely no situations where using FoL and generating 0 holy power is better than using HR and HS during GoAK.

If your raid is close to wiping, then all the more you should be using HR + Daybreak, because HR procs a 100k heal on your main target and 50k to 5 other people when GoAK is up, then you can Holy Shock right after to provide additional single target and aoe healing to everyone in range of your initial target. Then using the 2 holy power you got, you can EF someone for double the healing of FoL. FoL is just a flat 180k heal and doesn't do jack to top up a dying raid especially if you don't use it on the beacon. In fact, with this ill-conceived rotation your raid is more likely to die as a result of attrition on the targets you didn't get to FoL on.

In the bit you've quoted i've mentioned that coupling those two CDs together is overkill;
    You know it's overkill but you still recommend it for.....what exactly again? Using a cd for the sake of wasting a cd? Giving bad advice for the sake of giving bad advice?

You've also disregarded the bit i said about using guardian when lucidity procs.
    Lucidity lasts 4 seconds. After you react to the proc it would already be 3.5 seconds left on the timer. GoAK is 15 seconds. There's nothing I have disregarded here, much less the fact you are giving bad advice - this is a "Fix my Heals" thread, not a "Break my Heals" thread. Create one if you intend on giving bad advice.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-01-15 at 10:52 AM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

the scenario you've detailed makes sense when you are fortunate enough to be stacked or have targets in range of your initial HR but that isn't always the case.

Also the whole point of the lucidity proc is to get as much free healing as you can in its duration (besides the free HP generator via beacon spam) which makes 180k heals per target better than you make it out to be; you have made an excellent point though otherwise regarding the use of Guardian in a stacked scenario but otherwise I would still recommend the use of FoL, especially in a scenario where you're not stacked.

For instance on sha heroic, especially at the end when its messy in the burn phase, its not always optimal to stand and cast the rotation you're talking about, especially when people are spread and or dropping due to bolts and other incidental damage that occurs at the end of the fight.

also, lol

- this is a "Fix my Heals" thread, not a "Break my Heals" thread. Create one if you intend on giving bad advice.

the scenario you've detailed makes sense when you are fortunate enough to be stacked or have targets in range of your initial HR but that isn't always the case.
    Sure, if your raid is terrible, or you don't track how many targets you are going to hit with Holy Radiance with an addon. Or maybe it's both.

Also the whole point of the lucidity proc is to get as much free healing as you can in its duration (besides the free HP generator via beacon spam) which makes 180k heals per target better than you make it out to be; you have made an excellent point though otherwise regarding the use of Guardian in a stacked scenario but otherwise I would still recommend the use of FoL, especially in a scenario where you're not stacked.
    Yeap, you are right, the whole point of the lucidity proc is to get in as much free healing as possible via expensive holy power generators like FoL and Radiance. You don't do that by spamming FoL on non-beaconed targets because you lose too much effective healing that way.

And no, 180k healing per target is worse off than 180k healing on your main target and 90k on everyone else.

Holy Radiance only needs to hit 2 extra targets to heal more than FoL anyway.

For instance on sha heroic, especially at the end when its messy in the burn phase, its not always optimal to stand and cast the rotation you're talking about, especially when people are spread and or dropping due to bolts and other incidental damage that occurs at the end of the fight.
    I always hit 5-6 targets with Holy Radiance on Sha Heroic, so do other holy pallies and everyone in my raid team is too lazy to close rifts past the 50% mark. Learn to play.

also, lol
    Hit the nail right on the head, eh? Official forums ---> that way for bad advice, please. You will fit in well with the people there advocating using all CDs at once and spamming FoL and DL as a main heal rather than Radiance.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-01-15 at 12:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's keep it civil, please. If you disagree on something, that's fine, but there's no need to get angry or sling insults.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

1) You are 700 haste in excess of the 7170 breakpoint. I was working with that. I've been trying out Reforgelite but it isn't always giving me the numbers I want. I had to go back in and manually swap things around. Managed to get it down to 7300 and will probably fuss with it more now that I got belt and have slightly more stats to throw around.

2) HR is better than DL on beacon target. Raid ALWAYS takes damage on protectors. Tanks don't really spike much on this fight to need DLs. Not to mention you are running 3 healers, there's no excuse to simply spam HR and blanket the ranged/melee group in bubbles. I try to use HR as often as possible, but my group doesn't really stack, at all for this fight. So I do end up using a lot of my Lucidity/IoL combo procs on ToR. I will try to incorporate more HR in the future and see if that improves things.

3) Spirit is low for progression 10 man Protectors. And no, it isn't an easy fight for healers. I did change up my stat priority and now run with 14400 spirit. I ran it last night and it seemed much improved.

4) I noticed you are not stacking for this fight. Why? Holy Priest using Cascade and Disc using Halo is very evident of this fact, and looking at how many targets you healed with Holy Radiance cements this. You should stack, and it will make healing so much more easier. I raid with friends. Getting them to do anything is paramount to a miracle. Our RL uses incentives like, "If you one shot this boss I will let you bring out trains for the next boss."

I do currently use weak auras for just about everything on my screen. I track my lucidity procs, cooldowns etc. I do not track my trinket procs, which is something i probably could but it so often procs when I don't need it that it doesn't seem worth it.

Looks like we need some arbitration here.

• GoAK has changed significantly since 5.3, it is no longer optimal to use a single target heal with it at all.
    • Usefulness of tracking procs (Amp/Cleave trinket, for instance) is debatable, but you should always use cooldowns in reaction to the encounter around you, not your procs.
    • Lucidity, given that it lasts 4 seconds, should never be a basis to use any 2 minute or higher cooldowns (see above). The only ability I actually time around Lucidity is Cascade, and that is not on a paladin, and not strictly cast on the proc anyway.
    • Encounter-wise, in my experience the most "dangerous" phase of H: Fallen Protectors is generally Rook's desperate measures phase, not Sun's desperate measures phase. You want to use Devotion Aura during the Calamity that occurs during Rook's phase (keep in mind Disc barrier is far superior when it comes to Sun's phase).

I'll give Ceresc another tip, if you're going to use Avenging Wrath right after Holy Avenger/Divine Favor expires in general you should just stack the cooldowns especially if you're using EF's.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2014-01-15 at 02:55 PM.

We leave both tanks in for Bloodrage & I solo heal them while our disc does a bit of dispelling.

I only pop HA + DF at the start as you -really- don't need that much healing on the pull, only on the person that gets the first Seismic needs a bit of burst for a shield. Then you have all your cds up for the blood rage & it's faceroll to heal.

You shouldn't be thinking about a second Bloodrage, the boss should die well before it happens. If you are getting to the second Bloodrage, then it's your DPS that is the problem not your healing.

Quote Originally Posted by killtehnoob View Post
    Sorry, just repeating my question, I apologize if this is in the wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by killtehnoob View Post
    Sorry, just repeating my question, I apologize if this is in the wrong thread.
    I personally wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hainiryuun View Post
    I personally wouldn't.
    Thank you for your input, I appreciate it.

Fresh 90 here with a regen question:

My regen seems pitifully low, even at ~9k spirit. In the two LFR's that I've run, I can stay at decent mana for a few minutes, but on almost every fight (barring things like Immerseus and its mana gains, or Galrakas with its low-healing towers), I find myself sitting under 10% mana for the latter half of the fight.

How much Spirit do I need before my regen stops sucking? I've got double 496 ilvl "int with Spirit on-use" trinkets that I use on CD, and of course I'm using Divine Plea on CD, but I'm still OOMing halfway through every fight. I mean, it's not like I'm spamming HR or anything, I'm trying to conserve mana by only using HR once or maybe twice when there's tons of raid damage, and just using Light's Dawn (or whatever it's called) for everything else, with HS/Judgement (selfless healer) to generate HP; using Holy Light as filler in between.

I know my gear isn't the best; I'm only 501 ilvl, but I'm trying to stack as much spirit as I can.

You need a LOT more spirit as a holy pala. 14-15k seems like the sweet spot with the legendary meta. More without :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresc View Post
    I do currently use weak auras for just about everything on my screen. I track my lucidity procs, cooldowns etc. I do not track my trinket procs, which is something i probably could but it so often procs when I don't need it that it doesn't seem worth it.
    1) If you have problems with reforgelite, AskMrRobot is an option. There's a visual guide earlier in this thread that I put up.

2) + 4) Mark the stacking spot with a beacon. People tend to group up better with visual indicators - I nag at my raid to stand on the blue beacon for Norushen and Protectors, so this isn't a problem limited to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You need a LOT more spirit as a holy pala. 14-15k seems like the sweet spot with the legendary meta. More without :P
    Guy you quoted said he was using Selfless Healer.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-01-16 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffpower View Post
    We leave both tanks in for Bloodrage & I solo heal them while our disc does a bit of dispelling.

I only pop HA + DF at the start as you -really- don't need that much healing on the pull, only on the person that gets the first Seismic needs a bit of burst for a shield. Then you have all your cds up for the blood rage & it's faceroll to heal.

You shouldn't be thinking about a second Bloodrage, the boss should die well before it happens. If you are getting to the second Bloodrage, then it's your DPS that is the problem not your healing.
    For progression heroic Malkorok, having a second bloodrage is more than normal.

2) + 4) Mark the stacking spot with a beacon. People tend to group up better with visual indicators - I nag at my raid to stand on the blue beacon for Norushen and Protectors, so this isn't a problem limited to you.
    TY. RL put up 2 markers and told them to stand /5 stacked. Its not much but its closer than usual. I'm hoping that the more comfortable they get with the fight, the easier they will stack.

Deleted
    Hey I'm unconfident with my Healing, the Disc healed me out on Protectors. What can I fix

Here the log (unfortunately only in german) http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3522&e=4018

and my Armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arien/advanced

Should I go full Mastery and ignore the socket bonuses?