Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Personal view is that disrespect is never really "acceptable," but we're adults, and I think with that we can realize that the reality is that it has to be earned in many cases versus simply asked for. Giving advice and playing the role of an "expert" generally puts you on a pedestal and hence up to scrutiny.
    That's my personal view as well, as far as respect goes. As to giving advice, I'll try and refrain from linking logs when doing so-- and if I *do* link logs, I'll make sure they are good ones. And as far as that goes, I'm sorry for linking a bad log because I can see how it may seem disrespectful to you, Lucy, and others of your caliber. In a way, it was pretty rude. I'll try not to undermine the hard work you guys do when I post from now on.

What is the rotation using SH? Do you trying to stack 3 charges before throwing a holy radiance - or is it like Judge, HR, Shock rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaza View Post
    That's my personal view as well, as far as respect goes. As to giving advice, I'll try and refrain from linking logs when doing so-- and if I *do* link logs, I'll make sure they are good ones. And as far as that goes, I'm sorry for linking a bad log because I can see how it may seem disrespectful to you, Lucy, and others of your caliber. In a way, it was pretty rude. I'll try not to undermine the hard work you guys do when I post from now on.
    Yeah, I mean I really don't want to dissuade people from being helpful, but accuracy is something I take extremely seriously myself. You can think that when you are learning a class the first time, how difficult it is to sort out actually good information from outdated, out of context, or simply incorrect "guides." Why I've put in a lot of effort to try to be accurate when giving advice to others, and even then it's almost impossible to be 100% on the mark.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2014-04-21 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dondivine View Post
    What is the rotation using SH? Do you trying to stack 3 charges before throwing a holy radiance - or is it like Judge, HR, Shock rotation?
    http://intplate.com/5-4-level-45-talents/
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Also is the 7170 haste point give you the 15th tick or does it require 7170 and raid buffed to get the extra ticks

Quote Originally Posted by Dondivine View Post
    Also is the 7170 haste point give you the 15th tick or does it require 7170 and raid buffed to get the extra ticks
    That answer is also in the blog above, but all published breakpoints assume all raid buffs.

As a side note, I will point out that there is really little need in 10 mans to go out of one's way to proc ToR when smart beacon swapping with EF blanketing techniques does most, if not all of the required tank healing, so ToR procs should never be used as a serious metric for determining hpally effectiveness in a 10 man raid setting UNLESS the tank constantly complains of dying to mitigated damage(keyword mitigated, which means it's clearly a healer issue as opposed to a tank not using actives/cds).

In 25's, there might be a more compelling reason since tank spike damage is not only higher, but more frequent. But even then, the consensus is generally ToR should be as low as possible.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    As a side note, I will point out that there is really little need in 10 mans to go out of one's way to proc ToR when smart beacon swapping with EF blanketing techniques does most, if not all of the required tank healing, so ToR procs should never be used as a serious metric for determining hpally effectiveness in a 10 man raid setting UNLESS the tank constantly complains of dying to mitigated damage(keyword mitigated, which means it's clearly a healer issue as opposed to a tank not using actives/cds).
    Specially so with all the Tank healing going around these days, if your tank has some set bonuses and isn't dumb then they may well heal themselves more than you heal them.

In 25's, there might be a more compelling reason since tank spike damage is not only higher, but more frequent. But even then, the consensus is generally ToR should be as low as possible.
    I get that it might be higher in 25s, but it still seems, to me, that if you don't get good Infusion Procs during HA that FoL should be used via ToR for HoPo gen. And while it might be low, ToR FoL should still sit higher on breakdown than say, LoD or HL on an EF chart, yeah?

I get that it might be higher in 25s, but it still seems, to me, that if you don't get good Infusion Procs during HA that FoL should be used via ToR for HoPo gen. And while it might be low, ToR FoL should still sit higher on breakdown than say, LoD or HL on an EF chart, yeah?
    If your only care in the world is to roll as many EFs/spam as many LoDs as possible.

HA still has the oft-overlooked component which increases your generator healing by 30%, and Holy Radiance+Daybreak are powerful tools in their own right for IH blanketing for the latter purpose.

Someone(hint to people like bouchbaguette) could probably math it out whether there's a point to save ~1 second when IoL doesn't proc using FoL over HR+DB in terms of throughput, although some rough estimation on my part already points to it being a hps loss in the end.

As it is, even when I proc ToR for the sake of using my LMG, my FoL is generally netting me 90% overheal or more, not counting the opportunity cost of losing IH via HR + DB.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-04-21 at 04:32 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

None of them should have any substantial showing at all. FoL should be used when it's needed but likely not more than a couple times a fight at most.

I find myself casting more FoL proccing ToR in 10's than in 25's (more in this case is like, I'll cast it 1-2 times per encounter, whereas I don't even know the last time I casted it in my 25man), might be because my 10man tanks are shittier, but more likely because even though the tank damage is generally higher in 25's you have 15 million smartheals flying around at any given moment, something you lack in 10's. At the end of the day I would never judge a holy paladin depending on how much holy power they generated through ToR, I'd look at if they did cast DL/FoL did they at least do it on their beacon target which is not really the same thing/mindset.

Deleted
    If your only care in the world is to roll as many EFs/spam as many LoDs as possible.

HA still has the oft-overlooked component which increases your generator healing by 30%, and Holy Radiance+Daybreak are powerful tools in their own right for IH blanketing for the latter purpose.

Someone(hint to people like bouchbaguette) could probably math it out whether there's a point to save ~1 second when IoL doesn't proc using FoL over HR+DB in terms of throughput, although some rough estimation on my part already points to it being a hps loss in the end.

As it is, even when I proc ToR for the sake of using my LMG, my FoL is generally netting me 90% overheal or more, not counting the opportunity cost of losing IH via HR + DB.
    If you use FoL when you don't get an IoL proc or between one IoL-hastened Generator and the next Holy Shock, you can guarantee that you can cast 9 EFs during one HA instead of 8 which is a pretty substantial difference.

I'd also argue getting as many EFs and LoDs out during HA is pretty close to the entire point considering how pitiful HR is in comparison.

Oh, there's also a post about this already by Bouch:

holybouch.com/2014/01/18/cool-downs-it-is-winter-how-to-make-your-throughput-hot/
    Last edited by mmoc4d3d3ac79b; 2014-04-21 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Linked the wrong post >.<

Using HR/HS during HA is a given. But as lumilumi pointed out, a FoL via ToR when IoL doesn't proc or an FoL after a IoL HR when HS is on cd allows a full raid blanket of 3 HoPo EFs.

That's how I generally use ToR during a fight, and I generally get 9 full HoPo EFs that way--although sometimes I get super lucky with procs and manage to get 10.

That being said, I don't think I cast more than 2/3 FoLs during HA because IoL procs pretty consistently and an infused-HR is more valuable than a ToR FoL when IoL procs.

Quote Originally Posted by lumilumi View Post
    If you use FoL when you don't get an IoL proc or between one IoL-hastened Generator and the next Holy Shock, you can guarantee that you can cast 9 EFs during one HA instead of 8 which is a pretty substantial difference.

I'd also argue getting as many EFs and LoDs out during HA is pretty close to the entire point considering how pitiful HR is in comparison.

Oh, there's also a post about this already by Bouch:

holybouch.com/2014/01/18/cool-downs-it-is-winter-how-to-make-your-throughput-hot/
    HR is pretty significant when the tank doesn't take damage and with HA's generator boost.

If you read what bouchbaguette concluded: But for a fight where the whole raid is going to take huge damage including the tank you are better off FoL’ing the tank then EF’ing the raid (Garrosh Empowered Whirl).

The tank HAS to take huge damage for FoL to be worth it, i.e. as little overheal as possible.

Blanket lifting from a source, as much trustworthy as the source is, does little to support an argument.

Using HR/HS during HA is a given. But as lumilumi pointed out, a FoL via ToR when IoL doesn't proc or an FoL after a IoL HR when HS is on cd allows a full raid blanket of 3 HoPo EFs.

That's how I generally use ToR during a fight, and I generally get 9 full HoPo EFs that way--although sometimes I get super lucky with procs and manage to get 10.

That being said, I don't think I cast more than 2/3 FoLs during HA because IoL procs pretty consistently and an infused-HR is more valuable than a ToR FoL when IoL procs.
    Which is only worth it when the tank takes heavy damage and has next to 0% overheal when healed with FoL.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2014-04-22 at 07:24 AM.

Which is only worth it when the tank takes heavy damage and has next to 0% overheal when healed with FoL.
    The tanks I heal are a prot paladin and brewmaster; in the case of the brewmaster, there's little chance that my FoL's won't be worth casting over HR when HA is up (when IoL isn't procced, ofc!) Spikey monks. 'Nuff said

Transition from 10M to 25M.

Heya!

I just recently switched from playing 10M heroic to 25M heroic and i have some questions for you holy paladins.

I just did my first 25M hc raid (last time was in ICC) yesterday and i felt really confused to be honest. I'm used to just blanket my whole raid in 10man with EF and then roll with HR and continue to push out EF's on the raid. Should i do the same in 25M or should i go more with LoD and / or Selfless Healer (just started to practise it right now)?

Eternal Flame vs. Selfless Healer?

Any tips on bosses what to think about? Specific Thok / Blackfuse / Klaxxi.

WoL from yesterdays raid - Immerseus up to Spoils: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...vn/details/25/ - As you can see i ran with EF the whole way here and as you can see i struggle some on certain fights.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ingtaco/simple
    Last edited by Keeft; 2014-05-02 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeft View Post
    Heya!

I just recently switched from playing 10M heroic to 25M heroic and i have some questions for you holy paladins.

I just did my first 25M hc raid (last time was in ICC) yesterday and i felt really confused to be honest. I'm used to just blanket my whole raid in 10man with EF and then roll with HR and continue to push out EF's on the raid. Should i do the same in 25M or should i go more with LoD and / or Selfless Healer (just started to practise it right now)?

WoL from yesterdays raid - Immerseus up to Spoils: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...vn/details/25/ - As you can see i ran with EF the whole way here and as you can see i struggle some on certain fights.

http://intplate.com/5-4-level-45-talents/

Happy to answer any questions you might have after you read that

Hey everyone.

I'm an old WoW player and I came back recently from a large hiatus. Trying to get the hang of it again and feeling rusty.
    I've been healing mainly 10 mans, 12-13 people flex raids and my 25's experience has only been LFR's, so I'll just focus on
    10 man healing.

As far as gemming is concerned I chose mixed int-mastery gems. Should I go for pure intellect as I focus more on 10-mans?
    I'm currently standing at 15k mana, which is not awesome but I can manage my mana pool in normal modes. Hc would be another
    case I guess, but I don't think I will be raiding heroics soon.

Glyph wise I went for BoL, Divinity and HoSac. I had switched BoL with Protector of the Innocent but I find BoL switching really
    rewarding and fun. Do I lose healing by not using PotI glyph, and if so, how much? 2-3%?

I'm providing my WoL parse from my first SoO normal. Feedback on how I play and what should I change would be really welcome.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/92317/calendar/05-14/

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alixx/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Keeft View Post
    Heya!

EF and SH are both viable EF its usefull if the target is under a strong dot or the raid is under heavy damage or you are going to overheal a lot. There are some fights where EF is "mandatory" iron juggernaut and malkorok, iron because you cant use selfless healer in the siege phase, and malkorok because the EF hot is very strong here and it will rarely overheal.

Remember, we dont heal with lod if we choose EF.