1. #241
    True.

    I guess I've just reached that point in the 25man progression where you actually need that bit more stamina. Dropped down to about 6400 haste rating, upped my raid buffed health (W/O shaman buff) to 707k from 650k.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  2. #242

    Tanking H Lei Shi as pally

    Basically is that my guild is working on H Lei Shi

    And even im trying to do my best still have trouble with. Specially dying around 20-30%

    Any tank with some advice would help a lot

    should i change any gems, glyphs, talents

    here is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sidalol/simple

    and those are our logs from last night

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zvjaak39y8137fzp/

    thank you and sorry about enlgish mistakes since isnt my native language

  3. #243
    Not going to go through logs, since I'm at work right now, but who/what is your co-tank?

    Who is getting adds and who is on boss during protect phases? Are you ever swapping who has what? Prot has a terrible time with Lei Shi during protect, since you cannot attack for HoPo generation to WOG yourself. I strongly recommend that your co-tank take the boss most of the time for protect, allowing you to grab adds.

    THEN.

    You should immediately remove Glyph of DivProt. There is no meaningful physical damage in the fight (unless you suck at CCing adds), so the 40% magic redux is huge for sprays. With UbS, it's ~40 sec CD, so def make the most of it and unglyph. I recommend replacing that glyph with Holy Wrath, to provide an AOE stun during add phases to help get CCs off.

    I'd not run ES, personally. I find Lights Hammer better (since you can drop it during get away's and help heal people up). Speed of Light isn't really useful either, over LAotL or even POJ.

    You're also not running battle healer....drop wings glyph for battle healer.

    Other than that, if you have a second stam trinket, now would be the time to use (over Lei Shen's).

    Most of the fight is on your Fog stackers, though. The crux is getting through the 20% add phase ASAP and then nuking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  4. #244
    Im getting the adds always.. the other tank is a prot warrior. We are only swapping in the 40 and 20%.
    I dont have another stam trinket probably going to farm the heroic one i know isnt a big thing but i think is bettert then lei shen's
    my glyphs i was changing it during a lot of attempts just to try to make my survival the best.. I actually started with battle healer and focused shield.
    I was just using speed of light for get away, and hide to get on the spot where im supposed to be for mind seer..

  5. #245
    Could always get the ShadoPan stam trinket (or MSV trash drop), the 1min Mastery on-use is great in some other fights and for syncing to HA for beast ShotR coverage. Lei Shen's is beast for most fights, but since HoPo really just goes to WOG while tanking, it's not as critical in this encounter.

    BH is nice on the fight (and really, pretty much ANY fight) since the smart heal will help cover your Fog stackers, and you hit (and heal) like a truck with the vengeance levels in that fight. But more important for your own survival is unglyphing DivProt. You should be able to burn down the add in a Fist stun, and can use/save AD in case you get stuck tanking more than 1. Also Blinding Light and (glyphed) HW are nice for the adds.

    I still suggest strongly LAotL or POJ over SOL, and I've never had an issue with getting to the AOE spot with either talent. LAotL has far greater uptime, but it's not really gamebreaking or a huge survival change I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  6. #246
    Bloodsail Admiral Galm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Not going to go through logs, since I'm at work right now, but who/what is your co-tank?

    Who is getting adds and who is on boss during protect phases? Are you ever swapping who has what? Prot has a terrible time with Lei Shi during protect, since you cannot attack for HoPo generation to WOG yourself. I strongly recommend that your co-tank take the boss most of the time for protect, allowing you to grab adds.

    THEN.

    You should immediately remove Glyph of DivProt. There is no meaningful physical damage in the fight (unless you suck at CCing adds), so the 40% magic redux is huge for sprays. With UbS, it's ~40 sec CD, so def make the most of it and unglyph. I recommend replacing that glyph with Holy Wrath, to provide an AOE stun during add phases to help get CCs off.

    I'd not run ES, personally. I find Lights Hammer better (since you can drop it during get away's and help heal people up). Speed of Light isn't really useful either, over LAotL or even POJ.

    You're also not running battle healer....drop wings glyph for battle healer.

    Other than that, if you have a second stam trinket, now would be the time to use (over Lei Shen's).

    Most of the fight is on your Fog stackers, though. The crux is getting through the 20% add phase ASAP and then nuking.
    You forgot the spell damage reduction meta.

  7. #247
    Eh, I didn't really forget it, I just don't bother with that meta. On my DK, I sometimes will runeforge to spell dmg redux, but it's far faster/cheaper/easier than swapping meta's for one (easy) fight. But if you really want to uber min/max (or have a spare helmet), I suppose this is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  8. #248
    The Patient Blsmonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    207

    Megaera - Prot Tanking Question

    So at the moment me and my guild are doing progression on Megaera last night, spent about 13 wipes on it or so, and we're doing well. The main problem is when we get to the 6th or 7th head and start engaging one head after the second rotation. The tanks are getting hit like crazy, and there isn't much as a Prot Paladin I can do about it. I was just wondering for any other tanks that have done this fight if you can have a look at the logs of our tanks and see if there is anything myself or my fellow Monk tank are doing wrong for this encounter? We'd love to get the fight down tonight, but I think I need some help with trying to minimize the damage either of us are taking.

    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uye9zo1489dtj1rm/
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...isery/advanced

    Thanks heaps,
    Misery/Sunflora.

    World of Warcraft - Path of Exile - Hearthstone
    @Blsmonk


  9. #249
    Keyboard Turner neffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5
    Looking at your logs, or specifically your 07:21 attempt I looked at some others but this one was the longest.
    i'd like to point out a few things to you specifically as i don't play BM monk.

    *You specifically could have better up time of sacred shield. its good, but can be improved.

    *Question: i guess its good that you have on CD usage of Divine Protection but why are you being reluctant to use Ardent Defender/Holy Avenger?
    some attempts have like 1`use in 6 minutes+

    Please keep in mind that as long as the fight doesn't have any specific need for you to sit on CD's there's no reason not to throw
    GOAK, AD & Holy Avenger on cd in the beginning as soon as some consistent damage rolls out. it just means you'll have them later again when you need it.

    The fight gets progressively harder as it goes on, but that does not mean you should sit on cd's either. the more you use them, the more Quality you receive from them.

    Also personally from my Experience tanking it (looking at your armory right now) and also looking at your log, melee damage is much higher than any magic damage you took. there for Glyphed DP should be better, and will serve as an extra cd for you during head phases.

    I don't know if you're using DP during Rampage phases when a head dies, but personally I did not. I found that i could get away with just using SS & /BoGWoG's during that and keep myself alive relieving the healers.

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by neffy View Post
    *You specifically could have better up time of sacred shield. its good, but can be improved.
    SS uptime is very dependant on boss fights. I have not had time yet to raid at all in this tier due to work so I won't comment on how his SS uptime should be on this fight. Though having 100% SS uptime is not always a good things. SS is not always effective on a majority of the fight. Not saying that he shouldn't have higher uptime, though very possible he shouldn't have lower either.


    Quote Originally Posted by neffy View Post
    *Question: i guess its good that you have on CD usage of Divine Protection but why are you being reluctant to use Ardent Defender/Holy Avenger?
    some attempts have like 1`use in 6 minutes+

    Please keep in mind that as long as the fight doesn't have any specific need for you to sit on CD's there's no reason not to throw
    GOAK, AD & Holy Avenger on cd in the beginning as soon as some consistent damage rolls out. it just means you'll have them later again when you need it.

    The fight gets progressively harder as it goes on, but that does not mean you should sit on cd's either. the more you use them, the more Quality you receive from them.

    Also personally from my Experience tanking it (looking at your armory right now) and also looking at your log, melee damage is much higher than any magic damage you took. there for Glyphed DP should be better, and will serve as an extra cd for you during head phases.
    I have always been in the mindset that a fight that does not have any specific time you need to use your CDs on, does not have any specific reason to use them on CD either. If the fight does not warrant you using a CD as some point, you probably do not need to use them as damage reduction either as the damage is already low and it won't affect the healers in any way.

    If that is the case I rather save the CDs for the unforseen oh shit moments. Say something like
    Healer DC
    Unexpected mechanic (i.e. fails on some mechanic you shouldn't fail on causing huge raid/tank damage)
    Unexpected drop in health, like healers forgot to heal or get out of range or whatever
    Any other reason a healer can't heal you for some reason.

    See no reason to just use CDs for no specific reason, if they are not needed for anything it is my opinion that it is better to hog them.


    At glyphed / unglyphed DP. From what I heard on Megeara DP is a beast and is worth having unglyphed. This also gives you an additional glyph slot for some other glyph.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  11. #251
    Not really mechanics question, but was wondering what people are aiming for in terms of valor pieces.
    The neck seems amazing with both haste and mastery.
    The ring is iffy with haste/crit or dodge/mastery but still not too bad.
    Really not sure about trinket, the +exp one seems more attractive than + mastery one.
    Wrists just seem bad with parry/dodge and exp/crit esp when one of the first bosses drops the haste/exp ones.

    Cloak seems also fairly good wit haste/mastery.
    Gloves are also iffy with parry/mastery and crit/mastery
    Legs are also iffy with exp/dodge and exp/crit

    So the main items that we want to get are neck and cloak.
    But they're at neutral and honored and most of us will have a few weeks in between them.

    Normally i would look at trinkets first, but they're sort of in between.

  12. #252
    Neck, then trinket then cloak. That's what i went for, but each to their own.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflora View Post
    Stuff -n- Things
    The first thing I noticed was your uptimes for Sacred Shield and Shield of the Righteous. The only magical damage that comes out of the fight is the breaths and rampage. You can choose to not glyph Divine Protection for better mitigation against the breaths (primarily the Fire and Frost), but having DP up for the Venom guy is pretty good too since his debuff increases damage taken.

    You should be using Hand of Purity on this fight, and it should be used on anyone who is tanking the red head to lower the damage from the dot. You don't need the Alabaster Shield glyph and can replace it with something else. I personally used the DP glyph to help lower damage I took on the Venom head as well as the others as almost 40% of the damage I took came from melee hits. During Rampage, you don't actually need any cooldowns. All I did was make sure I had SS up all the time. After the second rotation, you're going to start taking a lot more damage. This is the primary time when you'll need to use your cooldowns to make sure you survive, hell even use WoG if you need to. You should be using Heroism during that rampage after the second rotation (we did BRGBRG-lust-B) to push through the rampage/head and get the fight over faster. Just think of hero as an offensive/defensive cooldown for the raid at that point.



  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Tossy View Post
    Neck, then trinket then cloak. That's what i went for, but each to their own.
    I got the haste/mastery necklace (from 502 to 522) and the haste/crit dps ring (from 489 to 522). Cloak is next purchase.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  15. #255
    Field Marshal Luminalol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    56
    Good evening fellow Prot friends, im just curious about Haste/Exp gearing, i played it for a while but changed bk to pure Mastery (ofc hit-cap) etc, but now when i recived some precious items, id like to go back to Haste/Exp.

    I wonder now (I play with Lei-Shen trinket (normal)) and Heroic Elegon Trinket! I also has the neck from first boss HC MSV. Which one would you guys preffer to buy first? I got 1995 Valor and Im not sure if i should buy the Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (1467 Expertise and a chance of 8800 Strenght) or the Mastery one with 16k dodge on use! or the neck with Haste/Mastery on to replace my 502 neck

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Amina/advanced


    There is my armory, im not sure if i can link it or not, but we'll see. I haven't fixed my GEAR yet with the reforging and regemming yet bk to Expertise/Haste, but i just wanted to know first if i should buy the Expertise or Mastery trinket, or the neck which gives me Haste/Mastery, thoughts? Would love an response.

    Edit; Shall i play with my 510 Belt 2/2 HC upgraded belt or my 496 Haste/Mastery belt? With 3 sockets ofc.
    Thanks in advance // Lúmina @ Ragnaros EU (H)

  16. #256
    First of all I would buy ghost iron dragonling instead of the elegon trinket.

    After that, I would probably get the ring over trinket. Though that is because I am a haste maniac. But if you really want to get a trinket, the expertise one is better.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  17. #257
    Was wondering how does expertise trinket compare the GID / lei-shen orders (normal)

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Was wondering how does expertise trinket compare the GID / lei-shen orders (normal)
    Ofc it is better than Lei-shen. More str, more secondary stats.

    GID is better or defensive purpose. More secondary stats.
    Exp trinket is better for dps, more strength.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Was wondering how does expertise trinket compare the GID / lei-shen orders (normal)
    I'm not going to use it regardless of its use/proc, because I don't like setting my gear up around a trinket or all things having a third of my Expertise on it. Means you are stuck with it, even when there is a better option for the fight.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'm not going to use it regardless of its use/proc, because I don't like setting my gear up around a trinket or all things having a third of my Expertise on it. Means you are stuck with it, even when there is a better option for the fight.
    People overestimate the value of expertise cap. Say you need to use double stamina trinkets for a fight. Going below expertise cap is not that big of a deal.

    Also the fights that warrants changing trinkets to say stamina, are often the same fights where expertise is useless for defensive purposes.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •