Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I once made the mistake of turning RF back on during P3 after a whirl. Queue 10-15 seconds of successful monk kite before the Sha adds collectively went "ayy lmao fuck this guy and his barrels lets eat the shiny pink idiot".
    Do you wish you could be so grossly incandescent?

H DA progression. At some point had to start doing pulls w/o SS, healing agro on entire room = OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    I'm trying very hard to not link dark animus prot pala ranks :c

edit : talking about DA reminds me of how OP 4set was on that fight , please make passive in wod.
    I loved T15 4 set so much... wtb back plx

idk, i'd rather get t16 4p in wod, otherwise i don't see any time i'll be using EF over SS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    idk, i'd rather get t16 4p in wod, otherwise i don't see any time i'll be using EF over SS.
    You wouldn't even with 4-piece since BoG scaling has been removed so EF is literally 100% ass now. They can't make it compete with SS without nerfbatting SS back to the Paleolithic.

Quick question: How do I prioritize Divine Purpose procs? Since its off the GC do I just bang away on them as they occur until I get a 5-stack, or do I space them out...?

Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stupud View Post
    Quick question: How do I prioritize Divine Purpose procs? Since its off the GC do I just bang away on them as they occur until I get a 5-stack, or do I space them out...?

Thanks
    SotR duration is cumulative so there's no penalty to just spamming it unless you desperately need SotR to cover something in particular and the DP proc is the only way you can do that.

I once made the mistake of turning RF back on during P3 after a whirl. Queue 10-15 seconds of successful monk kite before the Sha adds collectively went "ayy lmao fuck this guy and his barrels lets eat the shiny pink idiot".
    Haha that is good shit.

Well I'm probably a bad tank but I find my health bar just fluctuates Alot like a dk does lol.

So I tried the crit build thing over mast last night. I think I did something wrong but I was getting my shit pushed in on most fights.

I think I gained like 6kcrit and drop about that amount of Mast. My healer told me I took about 40% more damage from Gar. I did about 400kdps, about the same as normal.

Is there something I should be doing different or is it just going to be like that. But for now I like my 65% PyhsRed shields, jumping 20kdps is not worth it.
    what

Deleted
    If you are raiding 25 man I advice to not drop every bit of mastery you have but try to keep your crit around 17-18% and mastery above 25% if you can, I found that is the best build there is atm.

You can get 26%-27% crit unbuffed but you'll have around 13% mastery so your survival will be bad
    Crit build is perfectly viable in 25-man, you just have to be smart about how you use SotR and your CDs. I've done every boss including Paragons with 20ish% buffed mastery and had no survival issues whatsoever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Haha that is good shit.

Well I'm probably a bad tank but I find my health bar just fluctuates Alot like a dk does lol.
    If you don't have good Sotr uptime you will basically just be a DK without the absorbs. It's you're only Active Mitigation and you are looking at 700k melee swings on some bosses if you fail to block without Sotr up. Eternal Flame doesn't do anything to stop the spike, just to recover from it faster. To be honest if you receive two melee swings in a row without sotr up you're probably doing something wrong or your Avenger Shield and Divine Purpose procs are rear-ending you

Crit build is perfectly viable in 25-man, you just have to be smart about how you use SotR and your CDs. I've done every boss including Paragons with 20ish% buffed mastery and had no survival issues whatsoever.
    How did you have 20% mastery ?
    Even with minimum possible mastery I get 7k mastery after might.

P.S. Crit build is > 30% unbuffed :3

I have 13.70% mastery unbuffed with full crit build and 25.50% crit without dps meta gem.
    dafuq ? even while reforging out of all mastery and having it only on tier pieces (chest/shoulders), cloak and shield i still have 14%

Quote Originally Posted by Wymarc View Post
    If you don't have good Sotr uptime you will basically just be a DK without the absorbs. It's you're only Active Mitigation and you are looking at 700k melee swings on some bosses if you fail to block without Sotr up. Eternal Flame doesn't do anything to stop the spike, just to recover from it faster. To be honest if you receive two melee swings in a row without sotr up you're probably doing something wrong or your Avenger Shield and Divine Purpose procs are rear-ending you
    Yeah I'm still getting used to timing the active mitigation spells with boss abilities lol. I'm Probably better off playing a reactive tank like dk then.

BTW, at what ilvl can I do SoO normal mode with a bit of struggle and what ilvl where it starts to smooth out?

Or does it come to the amount of haste you have?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Yeah I'm still getting used to timing the active mitigation spells with boss abilities lol. I'm Probably better off playing a reactive tank like dk then.

BTW, at what ilvl can I do SoO normal mode with a bit of struggle and what ilvl where it starts to smooth out?

Or does it come to the amount of haste you have?
    You shouldn't have much problem in normal SoO (the current normal, not the WoD "normal" that is) in 540 gear. You can tank the majority of the fights with 520-530 gear and not die too much.

I'd go as far as to say it doesn't matter what gear you have if you have the legendary meta gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You shouldn't have much problem in normal SoO (the current normal, not the WoD "normal" that is) in 540 gear. You can tank the majority of the fights with 520-530 gear and not die too much.

I'd go as far as to say it doesn't matter what gear you have if you have the legendary meta gem.
    Ah right then. Well, my paladin is one of the few toons that hasn't even started the legendary quest line. Not gonna bother now for something that will be obsolete in two months. Not to mention the time it takes to get it :/

You should still be fine in 530-540 gear though.

How to tank magic damage? Like on thok gala jugg you get aoe or that stacking debuff that builds up a high dot. Is it worth to over write a big fat juicy vengence packed 3 hp bog ef with a like a 1 or 2 BoG to get your self back up?

What do protection paladins normally do on those bosses?

Deleted
    On thok we solo tank it. Use everything you've got during first phase, then run him around for twelve stacks, rinse repeat. Later on he doesn't attack more often than once two seconds so your 500+k ef will heal you back to full during cast and what-was-i-doing time.
    On jugg use unglyphed dp for third stack of his debuff. If you're solo tanking, start using cooldowns around, what was it, fifth stack and when you run out of them don't hesitate to call for externals.
    Galakras you can solo from sto percent to zero. Drag him to npcs and watch him burn

So, only apply a weaker, not free ef when you're absolutely sure you're going to die next second and no heals are coming up.