Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kethmil View Post
    Then realized that i would better just save cds for AFTER the trial when im purified.
    Yes, that was what I was thinking. I went down with zero vengeance, which gimped me but even with some, I doubt I would have killed it or at least saved a significant amount of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Yeah I agree, I just don't know how else they would get you to not abuse it. I really don't know though, and can't wait to see it myself. At 2p now. It would be broken if you had infinite WoGs for the raid and it would be strange if the bonus only applies when cast on yourself, seems like something that should be mentioned. I'm really interested in this now to see exactly how it works, hope I get my 4p with the clear this week.
    Well, could just make the 4p only proc when EF was used on yourself. But guess blizz always take the easy way out.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Are people killing their trial add on Norushen? I felt dismayed when I struggled against it for so long, only to be ported out before it was dead, but then read Icy Veins and it says you just need to survive. I'm only in about 538 gear, so I am pretty sure it's beyond me in my present gear even in 10N. Are other people killing it or should I just chill and focus on survival? Fluffing an interrupt was a death sentence for me.
    It would depend on my vengeance, from what I recall I usually killed it with between 15-20 seconds left on timer. On bad times it could go to the last seconds, on good times with crit + dp streaks I managed to kill it with 30 seconds left, but that was 100% luck. I would say for 10 man, aiming for 15 seconds left is okay.

At my gear I normally get it low but not dead before I get ported out, so tbh I don't care and just focus on survival. Although it was fun laughing at the bear when he misses an interrupt and dies, and then blames Skull Bash. Of course the next attempt I was a second late in popping a CD for that Burst ability and died myself. Karma

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Well, could just make the 4p only proc when EF was used on yourself. But guess blizz always take the easy way out.

It would depend on my vengeance, from what I recall I usually killed it with between 15-20 seconds left on timer. On bad times it could go to the last seconds, on good times with crit + dp streaks I managed to kill it with 30 seconds left, but that was 100% luck. I would say for 10 man, aiming for 15 seconds left is okay.
    Does the add health change from normal to heroic? I recall killing it with a lot of time left in normal last week, but in heroic I could only kill it with CDs/luck and usually it had 10-20% hp left by the time the minute was up.

It's still killable on heroic if you start with high vengeance and stand in everything that add throws at you. And well having a full power EF before going in also helps.
    I'd say around 100k vengeance is necessary to beat it for me.

Deleted
    I'm confused about the Sha of Pride fight: are you supposed to tank the reflections and the Manifestation of Pride that appears at the back? Icy veins says yes, but they don't seem to have much health and the interval between the required fast taunts on wounded pride don't allow a lot of time to clear adds and get back on the boss. (Only talking 10N here.) I ended up helping out if there was no prison or swap coming up soon, but did not prioritise it.

In our strat our dk gripes it, then everyone stun, interrupt and kill it. Doesnt have that much hp. That leaves you with full party by the side the add respawn and tanks by the other. Tanks take care of that side prison and rest take care of the ad's side prison.

TBH is a pretty easier fight that Norushen.

Deleted
    I'm confused about the Sha of Pride fight: are you supposed to tank the reflections and the Manifestation of Pride that appears at the back? Icy veins says yes, but they don't seem to have much health and the interval between the required fast taunts on wounded pride don't allow a lot of time to clear adds and get back on the boss. (Only talking 10N here.) I ended up helping out if there was no prison or swap coming up soon, but did not prioritise it.
    Imo chain stunning it to death is better.

Deleted
    I don't bother with the big add at all. unless I'm running by it and can stun/interrupt it. The small ones I use 2-3 globals on every 2nd wave. Which you can see if you click the link in my sig as I just uploaded my sha hc kill vid (featuring a few silly mistakes etc).

We let the dps stun/kill the big and little adds (10N)

Prot paladin in our group has seen significantly lower dps since patch. It looks like low GCD usage, but I'm not great at reading logs.

I don't know if this is the appropriate place, but any help would be awesome.

worldoflogs.com/reports/gg73p0ftm5v8q9eh/dashboard/

Quote Originally Posted by mengths View Post
    Prot paladin in our group has seen significantly lower dps since patch. It looks like low GCD usage, but I'm not great at reading logs.

I don't know if this is the appropriate place, but any help would be awesome.

worldoflogs.com/reports/gg73p0ftm5v8q9eh/dashboard/
    Doesn't generate as much holy power as he could (especially not doing enough crusader strike or hammer of the righteous). He should stick to the CS-J-x-CS-x-J-CS-x-x rotation more rigidly. He loses a lot of dps from simply not hitting the buttons and also misses out on a lot of holy power which means even less dps and really bad SotR uptime.
    I think you are right, he needs to hit buttons more often, as simple as it sounds.
    Last edited by Lackluster; 2013-09-22 at 10:58 PM.

Hey. I have only been playing protection Paladin for a couple of months now, and still feel I am getting use to the class.
    I have read many guides etc, but I feel I may be under performing. I seem to take large spikes of damage, and I feel very lack luster compared to our brewmaster monk who just seems to tank everything when it comes to tanking more than one target.
    I chose to roll paladin because I thought it would be a better tank for our raid composition. But now I am starting to think Protection Paladin would be better. If I'm never going to have threat over our Brewmaster, I may as well provide something beneficial in the form of Banners and Rally.

I really enjoyed playing my paladin, until my raid last night, which made me think twice about wanting to tank. This is when we came against the Dark Shamans.
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w0v073soyv45l1bx/analyze/dd/source/ - Here is the WoL (Apparently our logged didnt stop logging after the fight)

I seemed to take large spikes of damage, underperformed on damage done, and I was literally the brunt of all the angst from raid members whenever we wiped.
    Positioning wise I would try to tank nearer to walls from falling ash etc, in the hopes it would not take up all the room. When Foul Geyser started, I would obviously have to move away from the adds, and was being yelled at from moving away, as apparently I shouldn't move so far away. My choices most of the time were; Run Away, Run through ash or tornadoes, or stand there and take the brunt of the damage. I would try to circle round if the adds were spawning on my as well.

I died on numerous occasions, going from 80% to dead in under a second on multiple occasions. And it frustrates me that I took all the blame for all the wiping, to the extent that I no longer find it fun to raid. I really don't know what I could have done differently. Which is why I would appreciate some expert insight.

If there is any tips, anything you could tell me that would give me confidence to tank again, I would appreciate it to no end.

My armory if you can see anything that I could change in my gear/spec - eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/An%C3%ADmo/advanced
    The Monks armory, for comparison -eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Dopey/advanced

Just as a final note. As I started playing this character so late in the expansion, I feel very under geared due to the lack of the legendary cloak. And that if i had it, I would be able to perform a lot better. Should I feel this way? Or is it not a huge problem.

Thank you

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zords View Post
    Hey. I have only been playing protection Paladin for a couple of months now, and still feel I am getting use to the class.
    I have read many guides etc, but I feel I may be under performing. I seem to take large spikes of damage, and I feel very lack luster compared to our brewmaster monk who just seems to tank everything when it comes to tanking more than one target.
    I chose to roll paladin because I thought it would be a better tank for our raid composition. But now I am starting to think Protection Paladin would be better. If I'm never going to have threat over our Brewmaster, I may as well provide something beneficial in the form of Banners and Rally.

I really enjoyed playing my paladin, until my raid last night, which made me think twice about wanting to tank. This is when we came against the Dark Shamans.
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w0v073soyv45l1bx/analyze/dd/source/ - Here is the WoL (Apparently our logged didnt stop logging after the fight)

I seemed to take large spikes of damage, underperformed on damage done, and I was literally the brunt of all the angst from raid members whenever we wiped.
    Positioning wise I would try to tank nearer to walls from falling ash etc, in the hopes it would not take up all the room. When Foul Geyser started, I would obviously have to move away from the adds, and was being yelled at from moving away, as apparently I shouldn't move so far away. My choices most of the time were; Run Away, Run through ash or tornadoes, or stand there and take the brunt of the damage. I would try to circle round if the adds were spawning on my as well.

I died on numerous occasions, going from 80% to dead in under a second on multiple occasions. And it frustrates me that I took all the blame for all the wiping, to the extent that I no longer find it fun to raid. I really don't know what I could have done differently. Which is why I would appreciate some expert insight.

If there is any tips, anything you could tell me that would give me confidence to tank again, I would appreciate it to no end.

My armory if you can see anything that I could change in my gear/spec - eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/An%C3%ADmo/advanced
    The Monks armory, for comparison -eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Dopey/advanced

Just as a final note. As I started playing this character so late in the expansion, I feel very under geared due to the lack of the legendary cloak. And that if i had it, I would be able to perform a lot better. Should I feel this way? Or is it not a huge problem.

Thank you
    Armory analysis: You look good. I prescribe to hard capping hit instead of taking the chance that you'll miss 2-3 abilities over the course of the fight and gain a larger benefit overall from uncapped secondary stats. It's not entirely rational on my part.

How close are you to the legendary meta gem? It's basically a 15% damage reduction. You should be focusing on getting this socketed ASAP. My monk co-tank is a late 5.3 reroll and we absolutely can see a difference in survivability because I have the meta equipped.

General fight stuff: Your SotR uptime is really low given roughly 15k haste rating. You should probably be pushing 45-50% at least. There are not enough things to be hitting Hammer of the Righteous more than one or two times to ensure weakened blows on both shamans and the pups. This will reduce your damage output. Your crusader strike/HotR to Judgement ratio seems to be off. Judgement should probably be hit more.

I didn't look deep enough, but are you guys taunting as soon as the frost debuff wears off? We found that less than timely swapping makes Frost Strike hit for a very large amount. It shouldn't take you 80% -> 0%, but it takes a bite out of crime.

Theres a few basics you are doing wrong and I only checked a couple of attempts.

- Shield of the righteous uptime is very low (27%). It's your primary source of physical mitigation. To maximise your uptime you need to perfect your rotation (check the prot pally sticky at the top) but the basic idea is you need to maximise HoPo generators.
    - Eternal flame uptime was only 60%. Eep.
    - You used divine protection 3 times in 5 minutes where you could have used it 9.

That covers the basics. However, looking at your death log for the 4:57 attempt
    Earthbreaker Haromm Froststorm Strike Anímo 415892 - This was the blow that finished you off. It was preceded by pretty hard melee hits that SoTR would have softened somewhat. You had high stacks of Haromms debuff is the bottom line. You either need to use a CD (divine protection / whatever) or you need to swop earlier. I'm not sure if the application of the debuff is shown by DBM, if it is then use a CD at higher stacks and make sure SoTR is up preceeding it.

Its that combination of factors that is making you feel a bit squishy, low defensives uptime and your EF dropping off. fix these and you'll be in a better place.

Finally, I looked through the deathlogs. If you were the reason for the angst at wipes then its misplaced.
    -First pull you were tanking both bosses when you died, as well as the 8th pull. The other tank died on 2 attempts. Dps / healers died to toxic poop on 4 attempts and so on. Its great that you want to improve but don't beat yourself up over learning and don't let others make you a scapegoat.

Quote Originally Posted by gerus View Post
    I prescribe to hard capping hit instead of taking the chance that you'll miss 2-3 abilities over the course of the fight and gain a larger benefit overall from uncapped secondary stats.
    It's .12 chance to miss or about 800 hits on average per miss and with about 200 J/CS on a 7 min fight the chance to miss 2-3 important abilities in a single fight is pretty much nonexistant °_°

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    - Eternal flame uptime was only 60%. Eep.
    I would be really careful with this. you take something between 15 and 30 secs to get a good 5 BoG 3HP EF running. 30secs in a 5 minute fight is a steady 10% alone.
    and then, eternal flame is pretty reactive, other than sacred shield, which is proactive. why cast eternal flame, when you get no damage? resulting in a low AP value, resulting in a small hot, which is wasted. and then, when you are at a high damage phase, you might risk not having 5 BoG for it. sooo... I gladly reduce my EF uptime in order to have it ready when there actually is high damage intake.

considering the rest of what he did, I doubt that this was his intention, but I just wanted to point it out. using EF just for the sake of having a high uptime of it is bad gameplay imho.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    It's .12 chance to miss or about 800 hits on average per miss and with about 200 J/CS on a 7 min fight the chance to miss 2-3 important abilities in a single fight is pretty much nonexistant °_°
    Which is why I immediately followed the statement with this is not rational on my part :P.

Has any of the tanking stats changed since the transition to 5.4? Will haste still be priority? How important is dodge/parry now compared to other stats like mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Has any of the tanking stats changed since the transition to 5.4? Will haste still be priority? How important is dodge/parry now compared to other stats like mastery?
    No.Yes. They're still bad, just not as bad as they used to be.