OK, I getcha what you're saying now, about survival when SotR is not up. I agree, although I haven't experienced it to the degree you're describing (simple grace of higher ilvl), but 543 for Siegecrafter and onwards is most definitely undergearing the content. 543 was merely full ToT hc upgraded gear, without the cloak. I suspect I'd be pretty annoyed if I were in your boots on that situation as well.

I tanked 10m Paragons with (more than enough geared) pally and it was safe as.. But LOL, my DK OT who was taking Kil'ruk, hahah, poor guy, truly. He's a magnificent player, but some class limitations you simply can't outplay. Quite literally, getting oneshot for 1.3 million (we watched the recording afterward) you can't reliably guard against, since it's RNG when it's coming. In that way, tanking Karoz was a breeze with good haste, banking HP and bridging the gap with DivProt.
    Your eloquently described does show how outdated Mastery route is for us in an encounter like Paragons, unless you're massively outgearing it.

The statement that pallies are best tanks once survivability is not an issue.. yeah, can be in some situations, if you opt to drop healers for dps, making the fight shorter (and easier). Or you could toss in a different tank with higher dps and without survivability issues. Dubious which is better, both are valid choices IMO.

Am I the only one that tanked Wind reaver and locust at the same time during progress? I feel weird when people tell their stories about getting 1 shotted or globalled from wind reaver or something. I just never had sotr down when tanking both (even on progress like I said even tho we only had around 50 wipes on paragons)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Am I the only one that tanked Wind reaver and locust at the same time during progress? I feel weird when people tell their stories about getting 1 shotted or globalled from wind reaver or something. I just never had sotr down when tanking both (even on progress like I said even tho we only had around 50 wipes on paragons)
    I never felt a problem with windreaver either really. He hit a lot less than Locust.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    I tanked 10m Paragons with (more than enough geared) pally and it was safe as.. But LOL, my DK OT who was taking Kil'ruk, hahah, poor guy, truly. He's a magnificent player, but some class limitations you simply can't outplay. Quite literally, getting oneshot for 1.3 million (we watched the recording afterward) you can't reliably guard against, since it's RNG when it's coming. In that way, tanking Karoz was a breeze with good haste, banking HP and bridging the gap with DivProt.
    Your eloquently described does show how outdated Mastery route is for us in an encounter like Paragons, unless you're massively outgearing it.
    DK "Tank"

Yeah, DKs really had it rough this tier. And yeah, mastery is outdated simply because how easy it is to overgear encounters.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

Locust and Iyyokuk felt more dangerous tbh. Windreaver is only dangerous if you forget to remove the +damage debuff stack from Xaril; he'll only have time to get max 3-4 stacks compared to Iyyokuk and Locust.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Karoz definitely has higher overal damage output. I'll see how it is on 25hc at the very end (we kill him last) albeit I'm tanking him on bear, so it's not a direct comparison.

But his damage is predictable. He has a standard swing timer, he has his Kinetic Charges and Caustic Amber during which AM can be banked.

Kil'ruk - yeah, on average and most of the time he's doing less damage. But he's dualwielding and at times, he will strike with both weapons for full damage at the same time. It used to be even more common, but they hotfixed it to "be less common". I specifically remembered they didn't remove it, just lowered the likelyhood.
    If you aren't on full HP with AM or some other DR on yourself at that point.. especially if cloak proc is down.. a world of trouble.

That said, I did have fun tanking him with Xaril's debuff for a few seconds the other day. Upwards of 7 million hits if logs can be trusted. Sounds excessive, but I was getting 90% life blown through 50%+20%DR and 2mil health. fun fun
    Obviously unintended and died soon after.

Yeah I could tank both Locust and Wind Reaver at the same time with 10-15 stacks from Xaril for about 30 secs ( obviously had Vengeance cap doing that) rotating cds, had 100% uptime on sotr during that. Pretty fun to do ^^

i can see it beneficial to pop all cds for first 15 sec and then just clear stacks with bop, dat extra dps.

We wiped about 42 times on progress on Paragons - but I'm pretty sure that was before you joined the guild???

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    We wiped about 42 times on progress on Paragons - but I'm pretty sure that was before you joined the guild???
    You know I had paragon kill before I joined ..............

Yeah, he was in Supreme on his warrior and we were tanking together. Then he ditched me and joined his main's guild on his warrior aswell

Quick question.

The 21250 haste cap thing for prots.. I am sitting at 571ilvl and I am yet pushing 20k haste. I know the boots from shams are needed but stuff.. Do I really need to go back into ToT and get that dam trink?

Well, you are also not using haste enchant on boots and your weapon, a ring, chest, boots and legs do not have native haste on them.
    You do have the thok tail whip though so should u not be capped with the haste amp?
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

You need to be at something like 19600 haste without the amp trinket equipped for it to push you to 21250.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Got my spark on my very first Heroic kill of the dude :P

Quote Originally Posted by vaarsuviuss View Post
    Got my spark on my very first Heroic kill of the dude :P
    Sssssssh... This is something you do not say in the paladin forums unless you wanna die a slow and painful death through stabbing.

I was using VP trinket along with wote heroic trinket untill end of ToT. Spark dropped like 2 weeks before SoO.

I was using VP trinket along with wote heroic trinket untill end of ToT. Spark dropped like 2 weeks before SoO.
    Valor + GID.