10+ Year Old Account

Holy: Need some help

Hey,

I'm a returning veteran to the game and I have just gotten back into raiding. I have been told that my hps is low compared to where it should be and I am looking for some help on where I can improve. In particular, I was told that on Will, Elegon, and Blade Lord that my hps was way lower than it should have been. We are currently a 10 man guild, but will be transitioning to a 25 man in the next few weeks.

There are several things that I know I need to work on, but I'd still like some advice on these items.

1. Holy Shock Usage - Right now I'm seeing around a 60 to 70% of the maximum amount of HS that I could be using. I feel like this should be around 90 and I need to work on ensuring I use this as often as possible. I have power auras set up to allow me to track when HS is off cooldown and how much time is left, but I think I can tweak it a bit to improve.

2. Cooldown Usage - I know that I need to use my cooldowns more and in a more effective way. I would like some advice on where I can improve and I will also be doing my own research on what I need to do.

3. Eternal Flame Blanketing - I'm still not entirely sure how this works. My current understanding is that I should be using a one HP EF on the raid to increase my beacon healing. Is this the correct understanding and what can I do to improve on this? Are there any strategies in particular that you use and work quite well?

Please, do not hesitate to comment on something that you notice as it can only help me improve. My goal is to be the best that I can be and I will take any criticism constructively. I haven't had the chance to dig through my logs yet, but I also need to research Holy mechanics a bit more to really know what I'm looking at.

Here is my Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...raenith/simple

And here are some links to some logs. Tuesday was my first actual raid other than lfr and is the first log posted.

Tuesday (10 man Heroic Stone Guardian): http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-njca29n4g7osrsam/
    Thursday (10 man Normal MSV, 10 Man Normal Blade Lord):http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...i6e/details/8/

I am being compared to a top paladin specifically on the fight Elegon. Here is a link to his logs if that helps: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4412&e=4886

Thank you in advance for any advice

Well if you just got back into raiding I'm willing to bet that monk outgears you by quite a bit so that probably explains some of the difference between your heals and his. You'll never hit 90% shock usage ^_^ If you think you need to use shock more maybe make a big weakaura for shock. As to the EF blanketing, I've done a lot of testing with using EF vs not using EF and seen very similar results. Personally I prefer LoD to EF blanketing and I just pick up sacred shield to keep on a tank. Then again I'm also not a hardcore raider, but I have cleared 6/6 +3 in HoF and I've done a decent job of keeping up but as I mentioned, gear plays a big role in what the meters are going to look like. My biggest limiting factor is mana so if a monk outgears me by 10 ilvl he's probably going to outheal me as well.

*To elaborate on EF blanketing, it increases in effectiveness as you drop healers. If you're 3-healing every encounter then EF blanketing will result in a ton of overheals. If you're 2-healing then EF will gain a lot more value, and you have to remember, there's an opportunity cost to using EF over LoD. That cost is SS(which accounts for at least 5% of my healing on any given fight), and the possible LoD, so personally I wouldn't focus on EF blanketing as long as you're 3-healing encounters that could be 2-healed.
    Last edited by Mooji; 2012-11-09 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for your responses so far. I will certainly be digging through my logs and doing a lot of research over the weekend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing this thread and allowing repost in [Holy] Fix my heals. The discussion will continue there!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature