Jungle Changes are now on the PBE
- Leashing has been changed
- Jungle monsters now attack the closest hostile target rather than chasing their original target until reaching their range limit
- Whenever jungle monsters switch targets it counts as a “leash” - the maximum amount of leashes after which jungle monsters will reset has been increased
- Jungle monsters now deal bonus damage to summoned minions
- Initial difficulty of all jungle camps has been increased
- Overall camp Health has been increased
- Camp difficulty and rewards have been re-distributed more into the large monster in each camp
- The largest monsters at each camp are generally more resilient but also hold most of the rewards
- Scaling difficulty and rewards of the primary jungle camps has been significantly increased
- Health and Attack Damage growth per minute significantly increased
- Gold and Experience growth per minute significantly increased
- Overall rewards have been re-distributed between the 3 primary jungle camps (Wolves, Wraiths, Golems) to better match their difficulty and convenience
- Wraiths are the fastest-respawning, most convenient camp and have the lowest rewards
- Golems and Wolves are more difficult and are worth more
- New jungle items have been added to the store and old jungle items have been adjusted
- Hunter’s Machete - new jungle starting item that builds into Madred’s Razors and Spirit Stone
- Spirit Stone - jungle item geared towards casters and tanks that has 3 upgrade paths
- Madred’s Razors and Wriggle’s Lantern have been modified to build out of Hunter’s Machete
- The “Banking” system that caused jungle monsters that have stayed alive for a long duration to have slightly increased rewards has been removed
- Critical Strike damage bonus reduced to better normalize damage output
- Movement Speed slightly reduced
- Reduced their vulnerability from enemies that engage them from outside of the camp
- Camp has been repositioned
- Big Wraith’s Attack Range has been reduced
- Movement Speed and Attack Range increased to reduce vulnerability from kiting
- Magic Resist reduced to negative values
As we all know Season 3 is once again changing the jungle. Riot's goals are to make it have less early gank pressure, more rewarding to farmers, and open up even more potential junglers.
To begin, we know of one new jungle specific item, Hunter's Machete. Costs 300g (currently), increases your damage against jungle monsters, and does additional true damage against jungle monsters. This item is a bit like the Dorans item for the jungle, only it will have upgrades into more jungle items, one path being Madred's Razor and the other a new item called the Spirit Stone. No clue what the Spirit Stone does yet.
Many new jungle items are being introduced that should help AP and AD Caster Junglers, like Elise, Diana, Kha'Zix, and Pantheon.
The Jungle is becoming stronger to reduce early game pressure. Junglers will be taking more damage, so boots + 3 will no longer be open to pretty much every jungler. This change will hopefully also effect picks for the lanes, since you no longer need to be super safe to farm.
Health and damage is being rebalanced onto the big monsters at each camp, so single-target junglers wont be quite as far behind on clearing since the big monsters will drop fast for them, while the small ones will drop for the AoE clearers.
Rewards are increased, so farming junglers can make a comeback. Yi, Tryndamere, and many of the carry junglers will be able to farm their way to big items. Their difficulty will also scale better into late game.
Since all around jungle damage has been increased, the sustain junglers such as Warwick and Fiddlesticks can survive with that extra edge and starting build diversity.
Leashing as we currently know it no longer works. Jungle monsters will now attack the enemy closest to them. However, junglers with pets, such as Shaco, Zyra, and Malzahar, now have a small advantage since their pets can tank for them.
Wraith camp rewards are slightly lower and the big wraith has been repositioned to make mid lane commit more to farming for the extra gold.
Small golems have had their Movement Speed increased to make them more difficult to kite.
Nautilus, Rammus, and Sejuani are all mentioned as targets for buffing/tweaking if the new jungle proves too punishing.
Nocturne is in a good place with a fine balance between AoE and single target clearing.
Hecarim and Skarner may need mana costs reduced.
Volibear is pretty much kicked out of the jungle.
Jax is crazy good in the hew jungle with counter-strike for AoE and Empower for single target. Higher gold/exp gains also mean he can easily get farmed up.
Trundle is doing well with his access to farm and his decent clear speed.
Nunu is still the counter-jungle king.
Amumu and Shyvana still have some of the fastest clear times, though Shyvana has a rougher time in the new jungle.
Karthus has a rough time in the jungle, but he can still do it.
Eve can no longer survive the jungle.
Champions that could start boots in the new jungle: Shaco, Udyr, Warwick, Lee Sin, Nunu, Cho'Gath, Xin'Zhao.
Link to Statikk's Thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2780182
EDT: More champion info.