Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Your argument is incredibly facetious. Guns have been shown to have a higher incidence in homicides than any other weapon. So if you're pro-gun rights you obviously advocate people shooting each other, because you support the freedom for murderers to get their weapons. See where your logic falters?
    I just lost a lot of respect for you. All of the evidence shows that gun control doesn't lower crime, in fact, it increases it. Every time gun control has been implemented, it's resulted in higher crime rates. Not just in the United States, but in other countries as well. Take for instance the United Kingdom, which began toying with the idea of restricting the people's fundamental natural right to bear arms in the 1960s, to the point where they made it extremely difficult for law-abiding citizens to own guns. Violent crime rates shot up drastically (and continue to rise 50+ years later). Then they banned guns in 1997 and violent crime spiked even more. We've seen the same thing happen here with gun control. Meanwhile, concealed carry and expanded gun rights have been shown to drastically reduce and even deter, violent crime.

If you don't believe me, you can look at the statistics yourself: http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

Supporting gun control makes you pro-death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    Yes because being pro guns means I want people murdered for no reason vs people being pro choice when in itself means murder...makes so much sense to me now thx for clearing that up for me! If our country didn't have guns as you so put it I could walk into your house and if I was stronger than you I could kill you and there is nothing you could do about it...awesome huh?!
    Guns are used in murder more than any other weapon. So by being pro-gun rights, you are in favor of a tool that has been statistically shown to kill more people than any other tool out there. By having guns, I could walk into your house and even if you were much stronger I could kill you and there is nothing you could do about it. It really does go around in circles, doesn't it?

Also, drop the religious act involving abortion. There's already a thread involving abortions for you to put your rhetoric in, so there's no need to pull it in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    I just lost a lot of respect for you.
    I was pointing out a logical inconsistency in his argument by hyperbolizing an equivalent logical inconsistency. Hence why I ended it by mentioning that his logic didn't quite add up there. My actual views on gun laws are far more complex.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2012-11-15 at 06:24 AM.

The adults are having a serious conversation...the brony thread is somewhere else sorry.
    so i take it you have no answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Cheatz and Kasierith, both of you amuse me with the way you bicker back and forth... I am pretty sure the mods back on page 21 said
    Oh please. The mods on this board are so liberal I take a chance everytime a post in a thread like this but I refuse to cower to them. I've seen people infracted just for disagreeing with a mod several times. They are more than welcome to ban me. I'll just make another account.

Where did I hope for people to die off? Just like a liberal to jump to conclusions. I've read the bible at least 20 times. It does not say that. Prove me wrong. I've never even been to church. Thx for jumping to conclusions liberal....[COLOR="red"]
    You should read that Exodus book. Chapter 21 might be enlightening. Of course if you believe what Jesus said about throwing away everything in the Old Testament, nothing in the new testament says homosexuality or abortion is wrong, either.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 01:24 AM ----------

Oh please. The mods on this board are so liberal I take a chance everytime a post in a thread like this but I refuse to cower to them. I've seen people infracted just for disagreeing with a mod several times. They are more than welcome to ban me. I'll just make another account.
    No, you have seen people infracted for disobeying the rules. Most of the mods are actually Conservative. At least the Off-Topic ones.

Cheatz, Member of the Year.

All Years.

Guns are used in murder more than any other weapon. So by being pro-gun rights, you are in favor of a tool that has been statistically shown to kill more people than any other tool out there. By having guns, I could walk into your house and even if you were much stronger I could kill you and there is nothing you could do about it. It really does go around in circles, doesn't it?

Also, drop the religious act involving abortion. There's already a thread involving abortions for you to put your rhetoric in, so there's no need to pull it in here.

I was pointing out a logical inconsistency in his argument. Hence why I ended it by mentioning that his logic didn't quite add up there. My actual views on gun laws are far more complex.
    One of the primary things reps and dems disagree about is abortion...if we can't talk about that then what is the point of this post?

No I'm pro guns in that if you walk into my house with a gun and I also have a gun at least we are on the same level vs you walking into my house and looking like Brock Lesnar and me being Pee Wee Herman and there would be nothing I could do to stop you.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 12:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    You should read that Exodus book. Chapter 21 might be enlightening. Of course if you believe what Jesus said about throwing away everything in the Old Testament, nothing in the new testament says homosexuality or abortion is wrong, either.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 01:24 AM ----------

No, you have seen people infracted for disobeying the rules. Most of the mods are actually Conservative. At least the Off-Topic ones.
    I've read Exodus...it does not prove your point.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 12:28 AM ----------

Cheatz, Member of the Year.

All Years.
    I'm just tired of backing down on this heavily liberal board. It's mostly made up of young males who really have no clue and get all their info from primarily liberal sources.

I've read Exodus...it does not prove your point.
    Clearly you have not. Can you tell me what the difference in punishments for someone who kills a person and someone who causes an abortion against the mothers will is, while there is no punishment for an abortion that she desired? Or perhaps how there is nothing anywhere saying abortion is wrong in the bible, even though from Old Testament days onwards many women were using herbal supplements to abort any children they were carrying?

I'm just tired of backing down on this heavily liberal board. It's mostly made up of young males who really have no clue and get all their info from primarily liberal sources.
    I'm a conservative too. A good deal of the time, the facts are in favor of conservatism, use this to your advantage; and if you're wrong about something, adapt. Be civil and use well-reasoned arguments and data from legitimate sources to back up your statements.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the primary things reps and dems disagree about is abortion...if we can't talk about that then what is the point of this post?

No I'm pro guns in that if you walk into my house with a gun and I also have a gun at least we are on the same level vs you walking into my house and looking like Brock Lesnar and me being Pee Wee Herman and there would be nothing I could do to stop you.
    The topic of abortion was specifically excluded by a moderator. While you could say it can apply, specifically talking about abortion as more than an example actually does not fit the topic of the thread.

So now you're saying absolutely everyone should have guns to avoid being killed by guns?

If only the mothers of all the liberals had the chance years ago to have abortions we might not have to put up with so many of them right now. The liberal party will kill itself off so no worries.
    Where did I hope for people to die off? Just like a liberal to jump to conclusions. I've read the bible at least 20 times. It does not say that. Prove me wrong. I've never even been to church. Thx for jumping to conclusions liberal....
    Please at least try to maintain some consistency.

10+ Year Old Account
    No Sir, they infract for violations of the rules, they dont infract for differences of opinion.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Clearly you have not. Can you tell me what the difference in punishments for someone who kills a person and someone who causes an abortion against the mothers will is, while there is no punishment for an abortion that she desired? Or perhaps how there is nothing anywhere saying abortion is wrong in the bible, even though from Old Testament days onwards many women were using herbal supplements to abort any children they were carrying?
    i hope he doesnt wear mixed fabrics though, thats a pretty big one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a conservative too. A good deal of the time, the facts are in favor of conservatism, use this to your advantage; and if you're wrong about something, adapt. Be civil and use well-reasoned arguments and data from legitimate sources to back up your statements.
    Swazi, Cheatz; Ask around. I'm certainly NOT liberal or even moderate in any sense of the either word. But arguing with the mods, willfully ignoring the stated rules will ALWAYS get you slammed by the honest left, honest right, and the honest center.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i hope he doesnt wear mixed fabrics though, thats a pretty big one.
    Buffet-style religious people are the worst. "I'll have some of that, and some of that, but I don't like that so I'm just going to ignore it."

The adults are having a serious conversation...the brony thread is somewhere else sorry.
    For someone throwing around temper tantrum level insults and wishing people of a different political persuasion to be aborted I'm going to have to laugh at your *adult* comment(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Swazi, Cheatz; Ask around. I'm certainly NOT liberal or even moderate in any sense of the either word. But arguing with the mods, willfully ignoring the stated rules will ALWAYS get you slammed by the honest left, honest right, and the honest center.
    Yes, I received your PM, Seran, thanks for the advice. I dropped the whole abortion discussion, whether or not Cheatz does is entirely up to him (or the mods, if they don't like it).

I was pointing out a logical inconsistency in his argument. Hence why I ended it by mentioning that his logic didn't quite add up there. My actual views on gun laws are far more complex.

Actually there is something I can do about it. I can shoot you in the head with with my .44 magnum, dial 911 and have them come pick up your corpse off my living room, all thanks to the second amendment and Florida's stand your ground law.

Fact: most gun owners are law abiding citizens and never use their firearms to commit a crime.
    Fact: people who use guns to commit a crime would continue to do so regardless of whether legislation bans the ownership of guns because they are CRIMINALS and don't give a shit about the law.
    Fact: criminals are less likely to target someone they believe to be armed.

Quote Originally Posted by KayossZero View Post
    For someone throwing around temper tantrum level insults and wishing people of a different political persuasion to be aborted I'm going to have to laugh at your *adult* comment(s).
    How is it a temper tantrum? Clearly if liberal mothers were allowed to have abortions anytime they wanted years ago it's a good chance some of the liberals posting in this thread wouldn't be here.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 12:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    Actually there is something I can do about it. I can shoot you in the head with with my .44 magnum, dial 911 and have them come pick up your corpse off my living room, all thanks to the second amendment and Florida's stand your ground law.

Fact: most gun owners are law abiding citizens and never use their firearms to commit a crime.
    Fact: people who use guns to commit a crime would continue to do so regardless of whether legislation bans the ownership of guns because they are CRIMINALS and don't give a shit about the law.
    Whoa dude! Don't confront them with facts...they won't know what to do!

How is it a temper tantrum? Clearly if liberal mothers were allowed to have abortions anytime they wanted years ago it's a good chance some of the liberals posting in this thread wouldn't be here.
    They were. You act as if abortions 'just became legal'. Abortions have been legal since the HRE. It is only some people currently trying to make them illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post

Yes yes, unless I get you first, which being the aggressor would give me the benefit of initiative. Internet tough guys really are so fun. But that is besides the point, as is your list of facts that don't really apply to the conversation at hand. Seeing as it is so obviously hard to follow a chain of logical thought:

Being pro-choice does not mean you go around aborting everyone.
    Being pro-gun rights does not mean you go around shooting everyone.

Both of these are truths despite the fact that being in favor of that right gives you ability to perform the action.