Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aianos View Post
    However like many others i can't help but be a touch confused about yellow on single target. Should i wait until it falls off or just manually reapply it? Upto now i've just manually reapplied it to keep high uptime. I also just reapply whenever i see something else that red and yellow. I'm guessing this is what separates the elite from the decent. Being able to calculate on the fly when its turning green.
    Anyway great work. My new favorite.
    This is actually a good question and it comes up a lot because the OP brushes over the mechanics in an attempt to make it easier to understand. In actuality, the mechanics are really quite simple if you know how Pandemic works. Let's take the spell Agony as an example, a DoT with a base duration of 24 seconds:

Red means that your current stats are worse than the the stats that you had when you first cast Agony AND the current duration of Agony is greater than 12 seconds (half of the base duration of Agony which is 24 seconds). Recasting at this point would be unwise because you'd clip the original Agony which was potentially much stronger than if you were to cast it right now.

Green is the opposite of Red. In this scenario your stats are better than the stats that you had when you first cast Agony AND the current duration of Agony is less than 12 seconds. You should recast RIGHT NOW unless you know for a certain fact that you are about to get another proc or are about to cast Dark Soul or pop a trinket. The reasoning behind this is because you want to get maximum duration for your new Agony while your stats are good.

Blue and Yellow are not as straight-forward. Blue means that your current stats are better than the stats that you had when you first cast Agony AND the the current duration of Agony is greater than 12 seconds, just like when you were in Red. The question here (which is entirely unanswered) is, at what stat power is it worth recasting my Agony even if I'm going to clip over my existing Agony? Should I wait until Agony duration drops to 12 seconds and it goes Green or should I recast now because my proc is about to fall off? If my pre-existing Agony power is 200 and my current power is 500+ then it seems really quite obvious that I should overwrite my old Agony to get a DPS increase. But, say my pre-existing power is 200 and my current power is something like 275. Should I still overwrite or will I lose DPS by doing so? Like I said, no one has the math (yet) to tell you when exactly you should refresh in a "Blue" situation and you will have to wing it until someone does come up with the math.

Yellow means that your current stats are worse than the stats you had when you first cast Agony BUT the current duration of Agony is less than 12 seconds which allows you to recast Agony without clipping. But Yellow is also somewhat uncertain. If you get a proc right after you recast a Yellow Agony then you just potentially lost DPS by refreshing too early. However, if some of your procs are about to fall off (e.g., Jade Spirit or Yu'lon Blessing) and you're still Yellow, you may want to consider recasting anyway.

As you can see the OP was simplified for a good reason... it can get complicated! There's no math that shows the optimal time to recast DoTs in a given encounter. Start raiding with the addon and getting used to tracking your procs and their internal cooldowns. AffDots is a great tool but it won't tell you how to play!

In summary, using Agony (with a base duration of 24 seconds) as an example:
    Red: pre-existing Agony stats > current stats (if you were to cast Agony right now) AND current duration of Agony > 12 seconds
    Green: pre-existing Agony stats < current stats AND current duration of Agony < 12 seconds
    Blue: pre-existing Agony stats < current stats AND current duration of Agony > 12 seconds
    Yellow: pre-existing Agony stats > current stats AND current duration of Agony < 12 seconds
    Last edited by Tomed; 2012-11-18 at 04:00 AM.

Deleted
    Well done, good addon!

Thank you Tomed for the explanation. It's a bit more clear to me now.

I would like to request a feature on the addon. "Autohide when not in affliction spec". I quest as demo, and i will have to move or hide it everytime i have to switch.
    I know TellMeWhen does this (Don't know if that helps finding the commands for it or anything).

Deleted
    Just updated AffDots from 1.02 to 1.06 and now it's not working, getting the following errors.

Date: 2012-11-23 12:08:58
    ID: 2
    Error occured in: Global
    Count: 1
    attempt to call method 'Show' (a nil value)
    Debug:
    [string "*:OnLoad"]:6:
    [string "*:OnLoad"]:1
    [C]: Show()
    AffDots\AffDots.lua:687: ?()
    ..\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4358: ChatEdit_ParseText()
    ..\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4052: ChatEdit_SendText()
    ..\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4091:
    ..\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:4087
    [C]: ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed()
    [string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1:
    [string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1
    Locals:
    None
    AddOns:
    Swatter, v5.14.5335 (KowariOnCrutches)
    NPCScan, v5.0.0.5
    NPCScanOverlay, v5.0.0.3
    Ace3, v
    AckisRecipeList, v2.4.2
    AffDots, v
    Archy, v1.8.37b
    Arh, v0.93
    Auctionator, v3.0.5
    ButtonFacade, v5.0.387
    clcInfo, v
    DBMCore, v
    DebugLib, v5.1.DEV.312(/embedded)
    DrainSouler, v50001-3
    ElvUI, v4.69
    GatherMate2, v1.22
    HealersHaveToDie, v2.0.2
    idQuestAutomation, v
    LibAboutPanel, v1.6.0
    LibExtraTip, v5.12.DEV.324(/embedded)
    LibStub, v
    MailOpener, vv1.2.16
    Mapster, v1.5.1
    Masque, v5.0.387
    MasqueApathy, v5.0.100
    MasqueCaith, v5.0.80
    NugComboBar, v
    Postal, v3.5.0
    Raven, v
    ReforgeLite, v1.19
    Skada, v1.4-6
    SkadaCC, v1.0
    SkadaDamage, v1.0
    SkadaDamageTaken, v1.0
    SkadaDeaths, v1.0
    SkadaDebuffs, v1.0
    SkadaDispels, v1.0
    SkadaEnemies, v1.0
    SkadaHealAbsorbs, v
    SkadaHealing, v1.0
    SkadaPower, v1.0
    SkadaThreat, v1.0
    SlideBar, v5.14.5335 (KowariOnCrutches)
    Stubby, v5.14.5335 (KowariOnCrutches)
    TidyPlates, v6.7.9 (R548)
    TidyPlatesGraphite, v
    TidyPlatesGrey, v
    TidyPlatesNeon, v
    TidyPlatesQuatre, v
    TidyPlatesThreatPlates, v6.007
    TidyPlatesHub, v
    TidyPlatesWidgets, v
    TomTom, vv50001-1.0.4
    TradeSkillMaster, vv1.5.10
    TradeSkillMasterAccounting, vv1.2.2
    TradeSkillMasterAuctionDB, vv1.3.10
    TradeSkillMasterAuctioning, vv1.2.19
    TradeSkillMasterCrafting, vv1.1.9
    TradeSkillMasterDestroying, vv1.2.5
    TradeSkillMasterItemTracker, vv1.2.4
    TradeSkillMasterShopping, vv1.3.11
    TradeSkillMasterWarehousing, vv1.4.5.2
    vexpower, v1.12.4
    BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v5.0.5.50001 <eu>
    (ck=622)

I've been using this addon since it was shared here on MMO Champion and I love it so much. It took a couple raids to get really comfortable with it.

I'm not sure if its been said, but there are some bugs with it that I've experienced.

When I change specs it still works, like as demo. Showing as aff only would be nice.
    Then when I change back to aff it is hidden, and I have to log out to get it to display again.

Other than this, it's awesome. Looking forward to seeing future updates for it ^_^

Mine actually hide when I switch spec but doesn't come back, even if I switch back to affliction spec, unless I do a /reloadui. I assume its a bug not a feature but its rather useful .

Thanks for an awesome addon!

Quote Originally Posted by Orinoco View Post
    Mine actually hide when I switch spec but doesn't come back, even if I switch back to affliction spec, unless I do a /reloadui. I assume its a bug not a feature but its rather useful .

Thanks for an awesome addon!
    Yeah, this some bug I get also.

Didn't have much time to work on addon, making a new version now.
    -Support for Demonology. Destruction still seems silly, having just one dot.
    -Dot damage replaced with dot dps. 100k over 13 seconds is much better than 100k over 15 seconds, when showing just damage, haste buffs are not always displayed as damage increase.
    -CoE/rogue poison debuff
    -Target health percentage (green on execute)

If you think I'm doing it completely wrong, now would be a good time to let me know

So I just tried this out today on a target dummy and my dps boosted an average of 3-5k! I was using weakauras before to watch for trinket procs, but this addon makes it tons easier!

On a seperate note, if thats the new UI, I think that looks awesome! I can basically replace my classtimers while affliction!

Quote Originally Posted by Afterwind View Post
    I was using weakauras before to watch for trinket procs, but this addon makes it tons easier!
    If you use progression textures or timers on your Trinkets you can see whether or not it'll be beneficial to recast dots during blue phase or wait for Pandemic, also helping with judgement if you should cast [Haunt] now and [MG] or if you should wait for Pandemic, refresh, [Haunt], [MG].

Then it's all about using it in real practice. For me (3 procs) Embroidery, Elegon Trinket, Darkmoon Trinket; it can get quite frustrating in keeping track of their CD's due to them not all being the same and the "random-ish" procs of them.*

Then you need to take into account for the encounter itself and using the most opportunistic times. After awhile, you get used to it and it can be helpful, but more than less you'll find yourself not being so dependent of it once you become professional Warlock

*They don't always proc at the exact same time or directly after CD

Quote Originally Posted by Defaulty View Post
    If you use progression textures or timers on your Trinkets you can see whether or not it'll be beneficial to recast dots during blue phase or wait for Pandemic, also helping with judgement if you should cast [Haunt] now and [MG] or if you should wait for Pandemic, refresh, [Haunt], [MG].

Then it's all about using it in real practice. For me (3 procs) Embroidery, Elegon Trinket, Darkmoon Trinket; it can get quite frustrating in keeping track of their CD's due to them not all being the same and the "random-ish" procs of them.*

Then you need to take into account for the encounter itself and using the most opportunistic times. After awhile, you get used to it and it can be helpful, but more than less you'll find yourself not being so dependent of it once you become professional Warlock

*They don't always proc at the exact same time or directly after CD

I've never had an issue with them not proccing within 2 seconds coming off the ICD, which is why I also track the ICDs of these with progression textures as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    -Dot damage replaced with dot dps. 100k over 13 seconds is much better than 100k over 15 seconds, when showing just damage, haste buffs are not always displayed as damage increase.
    -CoE/rogue poison debuff

If you think I'm doing it completely wrong, now would be a good time to let me know
    I don't want any of the COE or health digits personally. But I am sure some will. If I were you and there were absolutely no limits (I don't know anything about the inside of modding) I would keep adding and adding, but making everything customizable. Worst case scenario, if somebody doesn't want the COE frame, they can turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    -CoE/rogue poison debuff

I like the CoE feature, won't have to worry about coordinating it anymore.

Love the CoE addition - can now get rid of an unnecessary addon!

I really like this addon. I would echo the request for each new feature to have a disable option though. That being said, could we get an option to just show the numbers without the spell icons? I like a very pared down ui and after playing with this addon I already know which dot is in which postion. Since I'm using this as a dot power tracker but still using forte for my cast bars, I don't really need the icons with timers. Also, different skins would be cool. Litestep, etc. Thanks for making an awesome addon!

I'm seeing two different frames and I can't figure out what the second one does. One frame is larger and has the haunt icon when that's enabled but the second frame is smaller and doesn't seem to correspond with anything. Picture below is a screenshot of what I'm talking about, the smaller icons on top is the frame that I'm talking about.

EDIT: Seems like they go away if I logout and only show up after I open options; guess it's a bug.
    Last edited by ruku320; 2012-11-27 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ruku320 View Post
    I'm seeing two different frames and I can't figure out what the second one does. One frame is larger and has the haunt icon when that's enabled but the second frame is smaller and doesn't seem to correspond with anything. Picture below is a screenshot of what I'm talking about, the smaller icons on top is the frame that I'm talking about.

EDIT: Seems like they go away if I logout and only show up after I open options; guess it's a bug.
    Smaller one is the focus frame.

Deleted
    Ridcully, one thing that has been annoying me for a while, is the persisting icons, even when there is no dot on the target. I would very much like to be able to turn this off, mainly because I on occasion, in the heat of battle, fail to reapply my dots because I see them still being on - or so I thought, the icon showed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Still would really love bar timers, instead of text timers. =P

Keep up the good work though man, great addon.

Is the pandemic change going to mess up the addon until its updated?