Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I have aff dots and seems since the last patch came out affdots isn't tracking dots as good as it used to. Anyone else have seen this issue. Heroic Garrosh is one tab targetting etc... seems it shows nothing is on the target when there actually is.

I'm looking for a way with weak auras to make my weakauras icon only appear when affdots is "green/blue". Otherwise it would be hidden all the time. Is there a way to go about this?

Every once in a while the addon doesn't capture Agony when I SB:SS anyone else had this issue? Yes I'm at Hit cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    Every once in a while the addon doesn't capture Agony when I SB:SS anyone else had this issue? Yes I'm at Hit cap.
    Yeh think its a known issue
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/affdots

I've made some updates to AffDots in order to account for the 6.0 snapshotting changes. Obviously, the code has become much simpler and the only real thing that I can think of that needs to be monitored is whether or not re-casting your DoT is going to get the full benefit of pandemic. There is currently an alpha that is posted on curse and I would love to get the communities feedback and adjust as needed.

Please feel free to report any bugs directly on this forum post, on the curseforge site, or PM me directly.

Hope this helps you guys!
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.

Deleted
    v1.4.1-1-gad75ee3

- Adjust the color on pandemic rather than damage data now.
    - Removing a big chunk of the codebase that worked around snapshotting.
    - Removed the 'burst' frame since it is no longer necessary.
    I've been relying more and more on the burst frame lately as Rainbowprocs hasn't been updated in a year (and I'm too lazy to edit it myself). Knowing it's going the way of the dodo worries me as I haven't found a straightforward way to track my temporary buffs (trinkets, cloak, legendary procs, etc.).

TellMeWhen, NeedToKnow, WeakAuras & others are all rather cumbersome for trinket procs, since I'll be upgrading my trinkets frequently. RainbowProcs was a godsend, and the Burst frame is pretty close to fulfilling its role (even though it doesn't show any kind of duration stat). What do you use, or you would consider keeping the Burst frame in?

Anyway, thank you so much for taking the time to update this very useful piece of software!

Hey I noticed the recent update but for some reason I don't see the changes even though I updated through the curse client?

I've been so used to tracking dots with Affdots that I left it after 6.0 and manually just set the colors myself so that all pandemic benefits were blue, and all non-pandemic benefits were red. The problem was OmniCC numbers weren't being supported anymore and the dot timers looked super small.

When I saw the affdots update I downloaded it but it kept my colors the same and OmniCC still didn't work.

So I deleted affdots, all my settings/profile, etc. and redownloaded it. A fresh version just shows all the colors as black though and it seems like my OmniCC numbers still aren't working (i.e. super small and not the same as it was pre-6.0)?

This is what it looks like fresh (other then removing everything but incin/havoc for destro).

Just tried the newest version. It seems that Affdots is calculating the pandemic effect using 50% of the dot duration time, instead of 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by woodknight View Post
    Just tried the newest version. It seems that Affdots is calculating the pandemic effect using 50% of the dot duration time, instead of 30%.
    Which DoT are you seeing this with?
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.

Quote Originally Posted by virtual View Post
    Which DoT are you seeing this with?
    I tested it on my warlock extensively just now. It's all broken basically. I disabled all the other addons to avoid any conflict. And I also deleted all my configurations and re-installed a fresh version.
    After testing affdots alone I then enabled tidyplate to test how well the integration is, and it's not working either expect for corruption.
    It seems that most of the pandemic effect is calculated as 50% duration time, with Affliction dots calculated as 40% duration time on the other hand.
    Here are the details:

• Demonology
      Doom: duration 60s, change color at 30s on affdots, change color at 30s on tidyplate
      Corruption: duration 18s, change color at 9s on affdots, change color at 5s on tidyplate
    • Destruction
      Immolation: duration 15s, change color at 7s on affdots, not working on tidyplate, color always black
    • Affliction
      Seems that the pandemic is at 40%, different from other specs
      Agony: duration 24s, change color at 10s on affdots, change color at 12s on tidyplate
      Corruption: duration 18s, change color at 7s on affdots, change color at 6s on tidyplate
      Unstable Affliction: duration 14s, change color at 6s on affdots, change color at 7s on tidyplate
      Haunt: duration 10s, change color at 4s on affdots, not working on tidyplate, color always black
    Last edited by woodknight; 2014-12-03 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodknight View Post
    I tested it on my warlock extensively just now. It's all broken basically. I disabled all the other addons to avoid any conflict. And I also deleted all my configurations and re-installed a fresh version.
    After testing affdots alone I then enabled tidyplate to test how well the integration is, and it's not working either expect for corruption.
    It seems that most of the pandemic effect is calculated as 50% duration time, with Affliction dots calculated as 40% duration time on the other hand.
    Here are the details:

• Demonology
      Doom: duration 60s, change color at 30s on affdots, change color at 30s on tidyplate
      Corruption: duration 18s, change color at 9s on affdots, change color at 5s on tidyplate
    • Destruction
      Immolation: duration 15s, change color at 7s on affdots, not working on tidyplate, color always black
    • Affliction
      Seems that the pandemic is at 40%, different from other specs
      Agony: duration 24s, change color at 10s on affdots, change color at 12s on tidyplate
      Corruption: duration 18s, change color at 7s on affdots, change color at 6s on tidyplate
      Unstable Affliction: duration 14s, change color at 6s on affdots, change color at 7s on tidyplate
      Haunt: duration 10s, change color at 4s on affdots, not working on tidyplate, color always black
    +1.

Please fix the pandemic effect which stands at 30% instead of 50%. Thanks!

Deleted
    Could you consider showing dot power again? Snapshotting is gone, but e.g. aff will want to haunt when dots are strong, having AffDots show that is quite convenient.

Deleted
    Hi, AffDots stopped working for me this morning, it doesn't display anything and I can't even type /affdots to open the configuration menu.
    I've tried to delete it, even the saved variables and intall it again, getting the same results.
    I'm using version 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Cluthu View Post
    Hi, AffDots stopped working for me this morning, it doesn't display anything and I can't even type /affdots to open the configuration menu.
    I've tried to delete it, even the saved variables and intall it again, getting the same results.
    I'm using version 1.5
    Are you using elvui with elvui addon skins? I had the same problem last night and the only way to get it to work was to disable elvui addon skins.
    Kapelusz of Encore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapelusz View Post
    Are you using elvui with elvui addon skins? I had the same problem last night and the only way to get it to work was to disable elvui addon skins.
    Yes I do, this was the problem apparently.
    I just updated ElvUI to 7.64 and it's working again.

Thanks.

If I wasn't mistaken don't dots now update dynamically even when on the target based on your spell power, haste, mastery, etc? So if that is the case then wouldn't aff dots be effectively useless? Because we don't need to refresh them when trinkets proc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by olly613 View Post
    If I wasn't mistaken don't dots now update dynamically even when on the target based on your spell power, haste, mastery, etc? So if that is the case then wouldn't aff dots be effectively useless? Because we don't need to refresh them when trinkets proc, etc.
    I like it as an info hub, it looks nice and has everything in one spot. Yeah I could do the same thing with weak auras or other addons, but I am lazy.
    Kapelusz of Encore

Oh, ok. Well that's good, I was just thinking "Is my DPS suffering without this addon? Did they change the way Dots were working again?"

10+ Year Old Account
    As of the 6.0 release, dots no longer require snapshotting. AffDots has been updated to tell you when your DoT update will benefit from Pandemic. Download OmniCC addon to have a numeric display of time left on dot icons.

Discussion: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...k-of-dot-power

Type '/affdots' for options.

Dot background colors (customizable in options):
    * Green: refreshing your DoT will get the full benefit of pandemic.
    * Red: refreshing your DoT will not have any benefit to you.

Most common scenarios:
    * Green: Casting is most likely a good idea.
    * Blue: Casting is most likely a good idea.
    * Red: Do not cast.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

looks like the new update from yesterday fixed the colors and pandemic.

For whatever reason my dot timer is still messed up and not interacting with OmniCC :/

Need to figure out why since it's not an issue for my guildmate...
    I even disabled all addons except OmniCC and Affdots, still super small numbers and can't figure out how to change it.
    If I don't use OmniCC and use the new Blizzard cooldown numbers the text is actually bigger.
    Last edited by Strifey; 2014-12-05 at 08:09 AM.