Page 43 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Yeah I'm getting that cap But I just wondered, is it worth trying to find an addon that tracks my buffs easier? I just hit Storm Bolt while Riposte was up and it hit for 260K, rather than the 40K I've had before lol, and I'm still trying to work out what abilities to use with what buffs, Any help is appreciated ofcourse, I can trial and error, it just takes a while
    Hey, I just recently started solo'ing too! To track your buffs like Riposte, I would recommend Weak Auras. I would give a link but I have not posted enough I guess. You can find it on Curse. You can set it up so that when Riposte is up, you can have a big icon pop up on your screen or whatever you like.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qalex View Post
    Hey, I just recently started solo'ing too! To track your buffs like Riposte, I would recommend Weak Auras. I would give a link but I have not posted enough I guess. You can find it on Curse. You can set it up so that when Riposte is up, you can have a big icon pop up on your screen or whatever you like.
    Yeah you need 10posts to be allowed to throw links in Thanks though! I'll head over there now and check it out!

Deleted
    Heroic Halfus Wyrmbreaker

Grats on your kill You use Shield Barrier a lot more than me, it is probably why I am having such a hard time doing Halfus on Normal with Slate Dragon up. I guess I'm trying to burst Slate down too fast and I end up taking too much damage from the healing debuff. I'll have to try your strat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lotky View Post
    Heroic Halfus Wyrmbreaker

video
    Thanks a bunch! What about BWD heroic encounters? Especially Maloriak.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-10-02 at 06:47 AM.

Wow, gratz.
    Valiona and Council should be a breeze after that (I'm pretty sure Valiona could have been killed months ago.)
    But I expect Cho'gall to be rather interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    Thanks a bunch! What about BWD heroic encounters? Especially Maloriak.
    Except for Nefarian, everything in BWD 10HM has been claimed.
    I hesitated to put Maloriak in green because it has been claimed by someone on the eu/fr forum that didn't provide any proof nor strat. I'll ask him for more information if you want (or you can try to contact it: Dànny@Dalaran-EU).
    The other boss had several claims and most of the strat are pretty straightforward.

Deleted
    I'm especially asking for Maloriak because of the ice-tombs. If you get 2x blue phases you loose like 50seconds where you can do nothing. If the boss buffs himself the heal in the meantime you can be screwed by the enrage timer. That is what happened to me. But I went in as tank and only gave it one shot on normal.

Well, on NM there isn't much to say, the enrage timer is a problem because of the ice-tombs but it's still doable. Obviously, you want to use the SS glyph for dispell.

I haven't attempted it on HM. I guess you need a good RNG to have only one ice phase (so starting with a red one), but I don't really know how doable it is.

The Iceblock on Maloriak is a non issue, as long as you go into it with a decent amount of HP and some cds. The main issue that I've found is to actually have all the cds you need available at that point, as the black phase is quite annoying to survive, as you can't heal. Having said that, with the new 2set, he should be a walkover, if someone puts a few attempts into it. I would myself, but I have a few other bosses that I've been working on lately...
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qalex View Post
    Grats on your kill You use Shield Barrier a lot more than me, it is probably why I am having such a hard time doing Halfus on Normal with Slate Dragon up. I guess I'm trying to burst Slate down too fast and I end up taking too much damage from the healing debuff. I'll have to try your strat
    thx. The trick is kiting. Even when you kill Slate there will still be healing debuff. And my tactic wasn't perfect, killing Storm Rider was mistake, wyrms should be better I found top priority killing Time warden first because then do Behemoth lower dmg (if i understand journal correctly ) And never try handle more than 2 dragons together.

For other bosses, I will probably go through all BoT for Sinestra, but how I said earlier on Atramedes, I don't like this T11 bosses, I wasn't progressing them so I don't know what to expect which is huge disadvantage, because I don't never know what is coming
    Last edited by mmocf00ddda2d5; 2013-10-02 at 05:13 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    I tried BWD today until I did SoO flex. Magmaw, 4-Tron and Atramedes where all easy. No special cheese required. Curious how Maloriak/Chimaeron will turn out. Will try them tomorrow.

Senen, your turn: Green Chimaeron 25 heroic out, but everyone can choose for himself if it is actually legit or not, I used a little glitch to make it possible, but I call it "clever use of game mechanics"
    btw: like 2 seconds before enrage it died
    This is my 10 man mode, it is actually possible without the adds but significantly easier and you deal incredible high DPS (like 2,5 times normal or more)
    Last edited by Hellboy999; 2013-10-02 at 11:58 PM.

What is the glitch you're talking about?

Also, why did you pull two dwarves? I easily understand why one dwarf (the buff "no ressource spent for attacks" is pretty neat), but I don't see the point of pulling a second one, especially after Vengeance's nerf. Also, is the buff really that good as it only allows us to use FH on cd, nothing more?

About the glitch: I killed the stormbolt dwarf and reset the mobs (end of the video) so you are fighting the same only without the stormbolt what kills you often, and always below 20% bosslife
    I got a second of them for 100% debuff uptime instead of like 60%. At this point it is very likely get killed at that point (if you don't have the debuff). I think if you don't have 2 you won't have enough vengance.
    Last edited by Hellboy999; 2013-10-03 at 02:55 AM.

so I just tried 10m Stone Guard, got it to 51% before I hit enrage. Staying alive wasn't an issue, I'm using both t15 & t16 2pc bonus' (42k hps) but I dont see how I can double my dps to beat that enrage. I used dps food & str flask :-/

youtube.com/watch?v=Sp3vwI6H_qk

I thought about swapping in the legendary dps cloak & the incite glyph, but I dont think that will double my dps
    Last edited by sdy284; 2013-10-03 at 06:11 AM.

Deleted
    For stone Guards you need 240k dps. Problem is in vengeance change, diminishing return made it much harder. But still 117k dps sounds for me a bit low. With 45k venge you must do at least 100k single target and you have 3 targets, so you can cleave a lot. Especially when there was not Cobalt guard, so you didn't need move to much.

I suppose the 5.4 nerf made it impossible to soak vengeance by staying in purple aoe whe purple dog is active?

(Since Vengeance use pre-reduction incoming damage, you only recieved 10% of the damage but got 100% of the Vengeance.)

Stone Guards was doable prio to the vengence nerf, but noone had the patience to do it. Now after the nerf we'll need a lot higher gear then we currently have to kill them before they kill us.
    My Stream

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Stone Guards was doable prio to the vengence nerf, but noone had the patience to do it. Now after the nerf we'll need a lot higher gear then we currently have to kill them before they kill us.
    I don't think it was doable. I tried them cca month before patch 5.4. and I still was far away from 240k dps... If I am not mistaken I had cca 170k dps with 540 ilvl, all crit gems and reforges and legendary dps metagem. Whit 520 ilvl in may I had 125k dps. We had pretty bad scaling, I think in BiS we had chance for 200-220k dps in best, but not 240k.

With the correct dog comp, it absolutely doable. Having said that, it was far from easy, had my best tries down around 5%, but that's after surviving enrage for about 15seconds.

For it to be doable now, we will need about twice as much unbuffed dps then we did back then, or be able to survive the enrage for a very long time, both methods should be able to work in full BiS gear.
    My Stream