Page 91 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chookchan View Post
    Got down Galleon, Nalak, Jin'rok and Horridon down last night.
    Galleon was a breeze so was Nalak just took a few minutes.
    Jin'rok took me so long though, at least 20+ attempts. Lotky how are you managing the reset?
    -I pop Masterwork Target Dummy right before toss
    -He throws me, hits the dummy while I'm mid-air and then resets
    Out of 20 pulls only 3 times he didn't reset (the first 2 times funnily enough they worked, but I kind of wasted the attempts).
    Horridon was an absolute joke, easy new mount to farm every week. Thanks Lokty for that Jinrok video it helped me a bazillion.
    Jin'Roth was for me random too. 50% of times he did reset with. Then I tried placing dummy far away from Orb and it worked. I think orb just killed dummy before Jin'Roth can attack it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lotky View Post
    Jin'Roth was for me random too. 50% of times he did reset with. Then I tried placing dummy far away from Orb and it worked. I think orb just killed dummy before Jin'Roth can attack it
    I thought it might have to do with how far the the dummy is from you when you're tossed.
    Most of the time he kept throwing me to the Statues behind him and he would ALWAYS reset, I would have tried using the horsemans blade but I was already cutting it pretty close with DPS (I killed him with 1s left till his next toss).
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Deleted
    I thought it might have to do with how far the the dummy is from you when you're tossed.
    Most of the time he kept throwing me to the Statues behind him and he would ALWAYS reset, I would have tried using the horsemans blade but I was already cutting it pretty close with DPS (I killed him with 1s left till his next toss).
    That was close But I think you made some mistake in execution him, because you have same gear as I have and I killed him 20s before second throw. And it was before our damage boost. Were you standing in pool (it increase yours dmg done). What flask, food, potion use you? Are you using Drums of Fury?

10+ Year Old Account
    That was close But I think you made some mistake in execution him, because you have same gear as I have and I killed him 20s before second throw. And it was before our damage boost. Were you standing in pool (it increase yours dmg done). What flask, food, potion use you? Are you using Drums of Fury?
    Spent all rage on shield barriers just to make sure it was a clean kill, the first 2 attempts where he didn't reset I was gladiator so I died REALLY fast. Went back to protection and only took a little damage towards the end.
    I could of easily wiped off 10~ seconds off the fight if I used some heroic strikes.
    edit: Forgot to ask have you had a chance at managing Council (or whatever they're called)? I want to make it up to Ji-kun but I'm assuming Maegera/Council are the solo road blocks. Only gave 2 attempts on Council before going to bed.
    Last edited by Chookchan; 2015-01-15 at 12:23 AM.

Deleted
    Spent all rage on shield barriers just to make sure it was a clean kill, the first 2 attempts where he didn't reset I was gladiator so I died REALLY fast. Went back to protection and only took a little damage towards the end.
    I could of easily wiped off 10~ seconds off the fight if I used some heroic strikes.
    edit: Forgot to ask have you had a chance at managing Council (or whatever they're called)? I want to make it up to Ji-kun but I'm assuming Maegera/Council are the solo road blocks. Only gave 2 attempts on Council before going to bed.
    Plan yours CD better then, Drums in water with new potion and other CDs, I used all rage for barriere too. And water affects healing tonis too, so it heals much more then.

I tried council, I can kill Malakk before he stuns me but then others kill me. In current situation it looks like you need cca 20k hps to survive Kazra'Jin, Sul and Mar'li. I have still some ideas but this looks currently really unsoloable. Maybe in BRF gar with 2 stamina trinkets and 2pT16 looks here viable (at least in current situation, my self healing on best attemps was 600k SB, 400k from set bonus and 100k or lower enrage regen/leech/tonic)

10+ Year Old Account
    Plan yours CD better then, Drums in water with new potion and other CDs, I used all rage for barriere too. And water affects healing tonis too, so it heals much more then.

I tried council, I can kill Malakk before he stuns me but then others kill me. In current situation it looks like you need cca 20k hps to survive Kazra'Jin, Sul and Mar'li. I have still some ideas but this looks currently really unsoloable. Maybe in BRF gar with 2 stamina trinkets and 2pT16 looks here viable (at least in current situation, my self healing on best attemps was 600k SB, 400k from set bonus and 100k or lower enrage regen/leech/tonic)
    The magic damage is just too high, I was thinking of just running a pvp trinket + avatar so survive the Roots.
    Probably when in Heroic/Mythic BRF we can manage it.

Deleted
    You can run from one (or two) Quicksands. But he will cast it again so this is not solution. You just need dps to kill him before he did serious dmg or enough hps to survive it.

heroic Horridon video: (in the end is my best last phase before hotfix, you can really see diference, how our dmg buff trivialised this fight...)

Deleted
    Tsulong down: http://i4.minus.com/i8p0kxi3FNVl6.png
    Along with Sha of Anger.

Any tips for handling the adds during day phase on Tsulong did you try and chase after them all or did you ignore a certain type or anything?

Deleted
    I went with glyph of enraged speed and glyph of heroic leap for the speed bonuses. Killing all those small adds before they hit the boss is pretty important, otherwise you will probably end up with 2 day phases. (Enrage is early on in 3rd night phase iirc). However, the big add should be killed as soon as it spawns, because the debuff it does still hurts.

Depending on the spawn positions of the little adds, you can kill 1-2 of those before the big one even spawns. If positions are bad, you can nuke the big and put ravager down for those small ones it spawns, they are quite annoying when up though, as the constantly try to fear you.
    Last edited by mmoc0c19432c2d; 2015-01-18 at 04:13 PM.

Ah forgot about enraged speed I was using beserker rage a fair bit to get out of the fears so I think that would help, also holy crap ravager would help a ton I don't know why I didn't think of that earlier. I'll give it a shot tonight and see how I go, I should hopefully be able to get more damage on the boss in night phase this time after the buffs which'll minimize the effect of any slip ups during the day phase.

Is throne of thunder LFR soloable? I want that sweet sweet golden mogu set so bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Is throne of thunder LFR soloable? I want that sweet sweet golden mogu set so bad
    Jin'Roht, Horridon, Tortos, Ji'Kun, Primordius, Twins, Lei Shen - yes

Council maybe, depends on how many hp have they (so you can avoid stun) and how much dmg they do
    Maegera probably yes, but still can hurt
    Durumu currently no
    Dark Animus - LFR version can be maybe soloable, depends if you can survive first phase with adds
    Iron Qon - dunno, in theory yes, but I don't know if he target tanks with spears and stun them

Jin'Roht, Horridon, Tortos, Ji'Kun, Primordius, Twins, Lei Shen - yes

Council maybe, depends on how many hp have they (so you can avoid stun) and how much dmg they do
    Maegera probably yes, but still can hurt
    Durumu currently no
    Dark Animus - LFR version can be maybe soloable, depends if you can survive first phase with adds
    Iron Qon - dunno, in theory yes, but I don't know if he target tanks with spears and stun them
    Yes, Iron Qon does stun tanks.

Deleted
    How do you even enter ToT lfr?

Mogu'shan Palace where Lore Walker Cho is you can talk to a guy and queue for any MoP lfr

Zor'lok (HoF #1) and Garalon (#3) down. #1 is all about burst on platform #3 (BL drums, ravager, etc). Gladiator isn't that much of an advantage anymore. Did it as prot, no potion (speed boots used before). #2 is a joke. Garalon is a rather tight DPS race. #4 got killed @ lvl90, #5 shouldn't be possible because of tank transformation (reset). same goes for empress (MC). Killed on stream. rekill next ID, will post stream highlight if neccessary.

Deleted
    Primordius down: http://i3.minus.com/i9wKNlyNgqqnd.png
    Pretty much just a dps race, kill the boss before dropping dmg bonus stacks. Also helps a lot to be lucky and get a good amount of crit bonuses, obviously.

Dark Animus too, very easy..
    Last edited by mmoc0c19432c2d; 2015-01-22 at 02:42 PM.

The hardest thing I soloed at level 90 as a prot warrior was probably Yogg Saron with 0 keepers.. Damn..