Page 69 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @ Tsulong: You have to instagib the big add or kill it in a chainstun.

I'll just keep adding things as they go down. [Edit] Servers went down, so I won't be able to test any more things atm.

Galleon down.

http://i.imgur.com/KNtHimw.jpg
    Last edited by Warriorsarri; 2014-07-16 at 10:03 PM.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxarth View Post
    Hey guys, how can a warrior solo Mount Hyjal horde base part, and more specifically how do you kill all those gargoyles with no ranged attacks?
    stormbolt 1 shots them

Time to finally knock off some red on our chart, gentlemen!

A couple months off and on of trying, and about 4-5 solid days of attempts.

VALITHRIA 10N down!

Do you have a video or could you explain your strat?
    Rallying Cry and bandages are rather obvious but that can't really account for that much healing, except if you've found a way to actually have time to cast bandage after 6-7 minutes of fight when the swarm becomes insane.

Hey Senen .

Yeah I was spending all day working on some video editing. I'm comfortable doing basic editing, just between deciding what to put in, what to leave out, etc., I will be putting two videos up. One is a basic overview of what's needed and the fight itself, the other is more of a tutorial / longer walkthrough, and the fight... and bloopers ;p.

To answer your question, no. Bandages could've helped a little back in Cata, but they tend to do almost nothing now. With a one minute CD, there's no way I could be still long enough to use them. Especially not once the mobs rush in! But a good question.

First video is up, here you go:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYh_K0qP4IE

Last edited by The-Real-Link; 2014-08-02 at 01:39 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grats! I wouldn't have thought it possible!

why battle stance and where is die by the sword as a def. cooldown for bladestorm? No sense moving if you hit it then BS while on VAl. you'd have much more rage to blow in zerker stance

OMG, using healer cloak was pure genius.
    Can't watch the whole video right now but that idea alone made me so hype!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I think there are some ways to improve that (like using bandages, which can heal for quite a lot actually during the first 6 minutes or so) but the idea of using the healer cloak was really brillant and it's super cool that we have now a way to defeat this encounter (even though we could already skip her ).

In two weeks I should have some time to kill, I'll try to see if my ideas can really make the fight faster.
    Last edited by Senen; 2014-08-02 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Furthur View Post
    why battle stance and where is die by the sword as a def. cooldown for bladestorm? No sense moving if you hit it then BS while on VAl. you'd have much more rage to blow in zerker stance
    Good points. But I tested Berserker Stance and it never seemed to help do more. If I did get the ability to Whirlwind more, actually, that could be a detriment. I need mobs to heal off of with a proc, and if I'm AoEing so much when they're all dead next to me, that doesn't help. I did test it out, though but couldn't see any ready advantage.

I figure I didn't need any defense with Die By the Sword up since everything I'm whirling through is going to be dead. I can heal up immediately after it if I need to, anyway.

Yes, there is *perfect* sense for moving while using it. It automatically breaks all CCs on me from the liches. This makes it one of the fastest ways I could possibly reach the other suppressors if my Heroic Leap is on CD. It takes FOREVER to walk over to them at like, 80% speed reduction

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    OMG, using healer cloak was pure genius.
    Can't watch the whole video right now but that idea alone made me so hype!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I think there are some ways to improve that (like using bandages, which can heal for quite a lot actually during the first 6 minutes or so) but the idea of using the healer cloak was really brillant and it's super cool that we have now a way to defeat this encounter (even though we could already skip her ).

In two weeks I should have some time to kill, I'll try to see if my ideas can really make the fight faster.
    Ah, ok, well even in the video I say I felt that bandages were worthless but no you're right. The first minute allowance, you do have time to heal her up. But for the remaining time, I thought that if you take damage, the healing action is canceled?

But even if we don't count the cloak, if healing is 200k by itself that's at worst, 30 minutes by itself. You'll be reaching "Phase 3" insanity at half that time and I would imagine it nearly impossible to live to bandage her with the mobs beating on you. That and the suppressor would be overwhelming by then.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok my longer guide is up. More detailed ideas from my Warrior PoV and some Phase 3 fun

Last edited by The-Real-Link; 2014-08-02 at 04:24 PM.

I'm sure this isn't new but just tried Naxx 25. Never had done it back in the day so went and knocked it out. One or two bosses hurt a bit (mainly Patchwerk), but cleaned up the place easily.

For warrior solo'ing old content like icc25 and rag10 madness10, do you use dps gear or prot gear? How does the itemization go?

For Prot I usually go with Parry > Dodge > Crit. There have been a few fights where I've been Dodge > Parry > Crit, but those are few and far between. (I Prio dodge on AoE fights, where I have loads of adds swinging at me at all times. Make the uptime of the Dark Animus trinket incredibly high)
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    For most fights works what sarri said. But for madness10 (normal or HC) you want crit > haste > parry > dodge. Benefit from parry and dodge is there small, because there is so much magic dmg and long time there is no add who is melee attacking you.

Hey guys, I apologize if this has been answered before, but is Ulduar like ICC when it comes to switchign from 10m to 25m? Can i go in Ulduar 10 and kill FL, then switch to 25m for the rest? or am I stuck in 10m if I kill FL10? Only things I need from Ulduar are 2 enchanting recipes, and they only drop on 25m. But I really suck at the FL fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    Hey guys, I apologize if this has been answered before, but is Ulduar like ICC when it comes to switchign from 10m to 25m? Can i go in Ulduar 10 and kill FL, then switch to 25m for the rest? or am I stuck in 10m if I kill FL10? Only things I need from Ulduar are 2 enchanting recipes, and they only drop on 25m. But I really suck at the FL fight.
    Is is same, you can kill FL on 10m and then switch to 25m

Quote Originally Posted by lotky View Post
    Is is same, you can kill FL on 10m and then switch to 25m
    TY very much!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    As usual, a bit late to the party, but I finally managed to get Heroic Nefarian 10 down!

Deleted
    something special incoming...

- - - Updated - - -

...and here we come: Wind Lord Mel'jarak killed on live! enjoy BIG vengeance numbers! (and say goodbye to my old bad graphic, new PC incoming! )