Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Reduced effectiveness above lvl91. Rather stack avoidance (hello kazzak trinket).
    No, the Protectors trinket is unlike the other SoO trinkets in that it works with full effectiveness at level 100.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Are you trying Unyielding with AM? Might be enough to get CDs up between breaths. Also, don't forget the SoO AoE trinket will work for it as well, if you can spare a slot for it.
    I had 0 rage for something else than shield barriere for survive, so Unyielding is not an option. SoO trinket is an option but one must have trinket is Killrog's and my second trinket is where I have a bit of leech. And as I said aoe was not the biggest problem in the end but 150k melee hits, he hits like a truck...

I'm still trying to get past the fact that you're trying to get 40% leach... I've known for a while that you're crazy, but hey, that's taking it to a new level!

I'm looking forward to hear what you manage to pull off once you get the gear that's needed!
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Sarri, I have in my mind some crazy project like I had on MoP for Wind Lord Mel'Jarak, probably even much more crazy... To be fair, this time it will be probably too carzy...

Against my project is 40% leech nothing, just some RNG...
    Last edited by mmocf00ddda2d5; 2015-09-15 at 12:07 AM. Reason: typo

I know I'm not a common face on the forums, but I would like to carry the motion that 25 man MoP content is soloable. I personally have soloed just MSV on 25 man difficulty, besides Will. But fights like Lei Shi, Council of Elders, Tsulong can be trivialized with certain trinkets and methods available to warriors. As previously stated in this forum, all fights are about survivability and damage.

Let's start off with Council and Lei Shi, two of the hardest fights for warriors to solo in MoP, both can be trivialized on normal, but there is the possibility to solo thse fights on not only 10 man, but heroic 10, 25 normal, and 25 heroic. Avoidance and WUE both play a big part, because as of right now with only theorycrafting, Lei Shi's spray and Council quicksand both do AoE damage, therefore avoidance should be able to negate the damage from these abilities. WUE of course plays a big role, but a trinket I have yet to acquire is the Kazzak one, with speed, leech, and avoidance. Lei Shi would be the easier of the two, however there is RNG involved with removing stacks during hide, but it can be done. With the use of Spell Reflect after spray misses 3 times, before the fourth time use Spell Reflect and you're stacks will reset.

There's a few more things I've picked up and been theorizing about for soloing more MoP 25man bosses, but I'll share this bit and see what you all think.

Quote Originally Posted by lotky View Post
    Sarri, I have in my mind some crazy project like I had on MoP for Wind Lord Mel'Jarak, probably even much more crazy... To be fair, this time it will be probably too carzy...

Against my project is 40% leech nothing, just some RNG...
    I'm still sad that none of us managed to get Ra-Den down, if it wasn't for the limited attempts I'm quite certain that one of us would have been able to get him down. Kind of lost my will to solo stuff after he refused to die. Good luck on your big projects!
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    I'm still sad that none of us managed to get Ra-Den down, if it wasn't for the limited attempts I'm quite certain that one of us would have been able to get him down. Kind of lost my will to solo stuff after he refused to die. Good luck on your big projects!
    I tried Ra-Den after 6.2 and I don't think he is soloable for us. Hits for 500k+ every 20 seconds (or 30s?) is not surviveable. Maybe they change something or we can burst it down but he is really not worth trying. To be fair with this stat squish it is hard to try solo something, MoP is already done (except Ra-Den and mythic Garrosh + here and there some dps/hps check like Thok/Malkorok) and for WoD bosses it looks like I need 3x longer berserk timer almost on everything... And it is really hard to tell myself "try it" when you don't meet usually even hps requiments for at least hit berserk. But I tried some bosses and it is really fun, when I am actually making some progres in longer time period (Tectus from 70% to 20-30% wipes in first phase for example)

And between this are some special bosses which looks impossible on first look, but there is little hope that something can work.

And thx, I hope there will be some results in future
    Last edited by mmocf00ddda2d5; 2015-09-15 at 06:20 PM.

Deleted
    So Kazzak is on 51% after 5:28 long fight. When RNG-god allows you to survive he is really easy. Problem is how much parry RNG you need. Next weekend with upgrades he will be definetely doable. But my key pieces of gear for surviving are not from my raiding gear which kinda sucks and they have low priority in upgrading. :X

Deleted
    New heirloom trinket is pretty OP...

Thunderclap Glyph (more range) and/or Leap Glyph?
    Haven't tryed him yet, because not getting there on your own is kinda useless for my type of farming.

Deleted
    When soloing Garrosh was relevant challenge it was Thunder Clap + Dragon Roar (with AM specced). Currently just ignore them and nuke the boss...

did they fix ra-den though?
    I remember when I tried to solo him, his tank-mechanic would just oneshot, regardless of what i'd be using.
    Every def cooldowns, shield block + 60rage shieldbarrier and it would still oneshot me, so it seemed like for me the mechanic was just bugged, making him not possible to solo.

- - - Updated - - -

ok nvm he's still bugged, but I managed to kill him on my 6th attempt.
    didn't record it since i'm too lazy, but here are logs for anyone interested: (basically I made the dps check to not get oneshotted by like less than 0,5seconds)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/c3ajT1DzgvmWV62y/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Do adds die from one thunder clap?
    No. Currently they die probably to 1 Dragon Roar, but if you want to be sure they all die then use first Thunder Clap and then immediately Dragon Roar

- - - Updated - - -

That end was almost heartbreaking, but it was enough

edit: and btw., here are logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=8
    Kill is counted as wipe becouse I died before roleplay ended as you saw in video. Actually I was thinking that I wiped too, after release spirit I noticed my bonus roll and then found dead Tectus
    Last edited by mmocf00ddda2d5; 2015-12-06 at 01:42 AM.

Sha of Pride is down. Pure proc RNG, but somewhat doable. Arms 737, 19/20 Ring upgrade, WB + Horn Trinket Combo. Fully buffed.

I recorded this weeks kill:

some notes to it:
    - Boss needs to be pushed sub 40% before he reaches 100Energy because otherwise he'll oneshot you, thats why you want him in Anima phase.
    - If you push too fast it can happen that orbs are reaching him after he entered phase 2, causing him to be in both phases at the same time, which will kill you aswell.
    - Huge dps requirement, you'll probably need access to 13/13M gear+stat/bloodlust drum to be able to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reloe View Post
    some notes to it:
    - Boss needs to be pushed sub 40% before he reaches 100Energy because otherwise he'll oneshot you, thats why you want him in Anima phase.
    - If you push too fast it can happen that orbs are reaching him after he entered phase 2, causing him to be in both phases at the same time, which will kill you aswell.
    - Huge dps requirement, you'll probably need access to 13/13M gear+stat/bloodlust drum to be able to make it.
    And 20/20 Prot Ring upgrade. nice to know that you are out of the soloing race once you have to lvl your DPS ring first.

Deleted
    Was here really in WoD same race? I don't think so...

Let's just say if I cared about outgearing tank'n'spank encounters in this xpac, I would have tryed to get more kills first. But the Ring requirement is just the final nail in the coffin. Most of it also down to the fact, that encounter design is so dumbed down once you can solo them. Most of the stuff is completely irrelevant and it turns into a dps race or a specific mechanic makes it impossible. Stuff like Kael'thas (pre 5.0, without door exploit) and Yogg'Saron were challenging in a different way than just stacking ilvls.

Other stuff: Last Xpac f.e. Sarri was interested because prot had some sick soloing dps.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2015-12-11 at 08:09 PM.

Deleted
    There were only 3 nice solo encounters for me in this xpac, heroic Spirit Kings (surving first King and not die in CC with second king), heroic Garrosh (dealing with adds and running out of room in the end) and heroic Horridon before warrior's 40% dmg buff (which I almost killed, every door with different tactic. After that buff it was tank&spank).

There are some possible soloable bosses from WoD with tactic tricks involved but I am not currently sure if they are killable before berserk even in full mythic gear.

btw.: I currently solo one day per month usually. If I was more in soloing currently Tectus was down weeks ago before upgrades. But I really didn't had motivation (I am missing a bit of race :X). That my kill was looking close, but I played so bad, it looks almost I even didn't tried in comparison with some my older kills where I had oft planned CDs for every second almost. And now I had plan only for first big Tectus himselfs, rest was pure improvisation...