Thread: Keybindings

Keybindings

When i watch streams i see people having same skill in 3 binds why is that ? i am not referring to skills like counterspell which may be used on focus target etc. i talk about skills like shockwave

Focus target bindings; for sheeps; counterspells, deep freeze etc to crowd control without losing kill target frame.

Deleted
    They have same #showtooltip on multiple spells so can monitor it's cooldown better. For example lets say u bind ur Fear and make a macro #showtooltip Dark Soul /cast Fear.

Quote Originally Posted by r3as0n View Post
    Focus target bindings; for sheeps; counterspells, deep freeze etc to crowd control without losing kill target frame.
    Score one for not reading the OP.

OT: Skills like Shockwave, probably just an icon they picked for that skill.

Deleted
    Really depends. Whilst I'm not aware of how shokwave works, only of them might include a trinket, pot, blood lust, any non GCD spell prior to it.

I for example have a bloodlust macro with pots and trinket and another without.

Some people macro arena1, arena2 and arena3.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

A few guys have unimportant abilites macroed to show an important ability's icon. It might look like three binds for shockwave, but two of them are probably skills with no cooldown (ie slam) that they just don't need to see.

Of course it could also be @arena1-3 depending on how they bind, but it's kind of wasteful to take up three actionbar slots for that when macros can hide it for you.

This question is frequently asked on twitch.tv, where a lot of the current arena champions stream.

They have the same skill in 3 binds (or icons) to make it more visible, when it is on CD. Those players do not use any special UIs, they use the standard blizzard UI, because that's the only one allowed in tournaments. The Blizz UI is not the best or most efficient, all the icons are at the bottom of the screen or at the right edge of the screen instead of having them closer to your character, closer to your field of view.

Heres what reckful uses:

#showtooltip Shockwave
    /cast Heroic Strike

He doesn't need to see the icon for Heroic Strike, he just wants to be able to see Shockwave on multiple locations to be able to see the CD quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post
    This question is frequently asked on twitch.tv, where a lot of the current arena champions stream.

They have the same skill in 3 binds (or icons) to make it more visible, when it is on CD. Those players do not use any special UIs, they use the standard blizzard UI, because that's the only one allowed in tournaments. The Blizz UI is not the best or most efficient, all the icons are at the bottom of the screen or at the right edge of the screen instead of having them closer to your character, closer to your field of view.
    This is basically the answer to your question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post

Exactly, it's also the reason why you see those players using the built in stopwatch to track cc cooldowns instead of addons, since addons are not allowed for tournament play.