Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[WW] Simplify WW priority please

Single target
    No Rising Sun Kick debuff on your target -> Rising Sun Kick
    Less than 3 stacks of Tiger Power buff on you, or Tiger Power runs out in less than 3 seconds -> Tiger Palm
    Tigereye Brew has 10 stacks -> Tigereye Brew
    More than 5 seconds for your energy to cap -> Energizing Brew
    Invoke Xuen or Rushing Jade Wind
    Rising Sun Kick is ready -> Rising Sun Kick
    Energizing Brew is not active, Tiger Power has 3 stacks and more than 4 seconds left, and more than 5 seconds for your energy to cap -> Fists of Fury
    Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick procced -> Blackout Kick
    3+ Chi and energy will cap in less than 2 seconds -> Blackout Kick
    Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm procced and more than 2 seconds for energy to cap -> Tiger Palm
    Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm procced and the proc has less than 2 seconds left on it -> Tiger Palm
    1 or less chi and Power Strikes is ready, or 2 or less chi if Power Strikes isn't ready -> Jab
    Max chi -> Blackout Kick
    Enough energy will regenerate to Jab for chi for Rising Sun Kick when it comes off cooldown -> Blackout Kick

PS: where does fists of fury fit into all of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Santos De Amor View Post
    PS: where does fists of fury fit into all of this?

Single target
    No Rising Sun Kick debuff on your target -> Rising Sun Kick
    Less than 3 stacks of Tiger Power buff on you, or Tiger Power runs out in less than 3 seconds -> Tiger Palm
    Tigereye Brew has 10 stacks -> Tigereye Brew
    More than 5 seconds for your energy to cap -> Energizing Brew
    Invoke Xuen or Rushing Jade Wind
    Rising Sun Kick is ready -> Rising Sun Kick
    Energizing Brew is not active, Tiger Power has 3 stacks and more than 4 seconds left, and more than 5 seconds for your energy to cap -> Fists of Fury
    Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick procced -> Blackout Kick
    3+ Chi and energy will cap in less than 2 seconds -> Blackout Kick
    Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm procced and more than 2 seconds for energy to cap -> Tiger Palm
    Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm procced and the proc has less than 2 seconds left on it -> Tiger Palm
    1 or less chi and Power Strikes is ready, or 2 or less chi if Power Strikes isn't ready -> Jab
    Max chi -> Blackout Kick
    Enough energy will regenerate to Jab for chi for Rising Sun Kick when it comes off cooldown -> Blackout Kick

what is the point of this?

Debuffs up....fist of fury
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.

Firstly, stay away from Fists of Fury. Seriously, unless you've mastered knowing the exact haste amounts it won't lose damage at (from the bug), know you and the boss won't move for 4 seconds, AND fit the conditional of not having to RSK, TP, or get energy capped within the FoF, you shouldn't even use it. Dropping it from the priority entirely won't hurt your DPS any more than pushing it just once when it won't get all 5 ticks or miss 2 or more seconds on RSK.

Secondly, take Energizing Brew, Xuen, and Tigereye Brew and file them under the Cooldown category. They are not part of the core rotation and only Xuen even takes a GCD, so they should not be directly competing with Jab/TP/RSK/BoK in any way.

Now this would be a simplified priority:

0.5) If not enough Chi to do any of the following as early as you need to, Jab or use Expel Harm if pre-pull
    1) Keep RSK debuff up on target
    2) Keep TP at 3 stacks (refresh if less than 2 seconds)
    3) RSK for purely damage reasons
    4) Jab until 2+ Chi

For the following, make sure Chi is at 2 or more for RSK exactly when it comes off CD (i.e. if 3 Chi and 1 second left on RSK CD, do not BoK as you would have to also Jab afterwards, wasting 1 second on the RSK CD)

5) BoK if proc is up
    6) BoK if you have the time, Chi, and Energy to get back to 2 Chi for RSK. If not, skip to 7.
    7) TP if procced regardless of time left on buff

Super Simplified Version:
    1) Keep RSK debuff up at all costs
    2) Keep TP buff up at all costs
    3) Jab for Chi
    4) BoK to burn extra Chi
    5) Use TP if procced and have nothing better to do

Saying stay away from FoF is ignorant. Understanding and knowing when the is going to boss move, managing FoF is not difficult
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.

Quote Originally Posted by JabJack View Post
    Saying stay away from FoF is ignorant. Understanding and knowing when the is going to boss move, managing FoF is not difficult
    The main issue is that using FoF results in a small DPS increase. While using it incorrectly a couple times can completely remove the benefit. (i.e. letting Tiger Palm's buff to drop, energy capping etc)

Until you can feel when to use it, I feel people should just leave it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Phiish View Post
    The main issue is that using FoF results in a small DPS increase. While using it incorrectly a couple times can completely remove the benefit. (i.e. letting Tiger Palm's buff to drop, energy capping etc)

Until you can feel when to use it, I feel people should just leave it out.
    A DPS increase is still an increase no matter how small it is. So it's definitely worth using. It's better to practice with it instead of just leaving it out completely. The only thing that sucks about FoF is if the boss has to move. If you miss 1 tick of FoF, then it's a DPS loss. Watch RSK and TP, if they are > 7 seconds then you look at your current energy. If it's < 30 then you are safe to use FoF without capping. Just gotta glance at your buffs/debuffs and energy bar instead of tunneling the boss

While I understand that it is a DPS increase- by around 3% (While also increasing the stat value of crit). To people who play monk as an alt or are just not comfortable checking a cooldown, buff duration, procs, current energy and future boss movement than it isn't worth the hassle.

You should also be checking if Tiger Strikes is active. A lot of extra work for not a huge payoff.
    Gaming Youtube Channel :
    Monk Guides
    Diablo 3
    Skyrim

Thanks for the replies. i needed clarification

While FoF is a dps loss if done incorrectly, you can setup WeakAuras to give you a pretty good idea of when it is ok to use (assuming you know you won't have to be moving in the next few seconds). Getting a visual from a mod like this will allow you to start to get the feel of when it is going to be the right time to use it and it will start to feel easier to fit it in.

I find it quite easy to use FoF, sure i dont use it on CD. But as often i can i use it. And i havent even play that much as WW

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My offspec is WW and on fights where I'm not tanking, I ignore FoF completely and still pull off 70k+ dps.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragethorn View Post
    My offspec is WW and on fights where I'm not tanking, I ignore FoF completely and still pull off 70k+ dps.
    FoF is a huge boon for the energy gain.

Why would you not use it?

Also what fights are you pulling 70k+ dps? Elegon? I need some proof before I believe that you cant do priorities right yet pull 70k+ dps.

I call bullshit.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post

Also what fights are you pulling 70k+ dps? Elegon? I need some proof before I believe that you cant do priorities right yet pull 70k+ dps.

I call bullshit.
    1. Last I checked, Elegon was a 2 tank fight.
    2. I hate that FoF essentially roots you, therefore I ignore it. Besides, using it improperly decreases dps.
    3. The fight I pulled 70k dps was spirit kings. We downed Will for the first time last night and went on to HoF. The first boss is a one tank fight, so I switched to dps. I pulled 62k dps on that one. Yes, without using FoF.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

FoF is a benefit but it is not something used on cd on most of the bosses. i use it as offen as i can ( not to mention periods when i am lacking energy ) . it is not risky if u know when u will have to move ( depending on the fight i use it in difren amounts )

But ToK is defence cd but also dps cd for me . When i do not have enough damage taken on some bosses i try to make damage taken to me in that period of time when i have ToK active . For istance MoV stone guards boss , sometimes i stay in purple pudle to get damage on me and backfire it to the boss. That isnt mantioned in standard prio cd list but is veeery good dps and defence wise

I specifically mentioned the bugged part of FoF, that means if you're stacking a good amount of haste and have a Windsong enchant or a trinket that procs haste, it will cut off a tick and will be a DPS loss to use. If you use it at all during Bloodlust/Heroism, it loses a tick and is a DPS loss. If it ends up splitting and hitting a target without the armor reduction debuff or the RSK debuff on it, it's a DPS loss. Using it optimally is extremely difficult on some fights (Garalon, Amber-Shaper, Stone Guard, Protectors, and Tsulong day phase come to mind) if not impossible. It's around a 3% DPS increase on a Patchwerk style fight, but that drops by quite a bit. You'll get more mileage out of timing TEB with procs and using ToK for damage than you will including FoF in your rotation at all.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/ovale if WW is too hard for you. It literally shows you real time what button to hit.
    Seriously, why do addons like these exist? Might just as well have the computer play for you..
    How hard is it to execute a rotation yourself!?! :S

Deleted
    FoF is a huge boon for the energy gain.

Why would you not use it?

I call bullshit.
    I also ignore FoF most of the time and can pull over 60k-70k DPS.

I'll use it if I can and I'm on low energy, but in general it's just not worth the hassle.

under optimal circumstances a 3% increase actually means that if all goes right i may do 2-3k dps more with it. So no bullshit if you can theoretically achieve 73k dps single target (which is possible with 485 or less), you can expect 70k without FoF

My sims show 86k dps with 490 and FoF and 84500 without it.

Interesting observation: I get 4 ticks of FoF if i move just after the castbar ends, but 5 ticks if i stay half a second after the castbar finishes. My guess: the 4 seconds are independent of haste, but the castbar shown is not.