Thread: Vol'Jin Tattoo

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Vol'Jin Tattoo

Hello folks,

I'm getting a half sleeve tattoo(Vol'jin), since Vol'Jin wont be able to fill my whole arm do u have any suggestions that i can add? i mean stuff related to Vol'Jin

This is the approach I recommend:

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    vol'jin is cool and all and i love tattoos and half sleeves especially, but comeon. why would you get a wow tattoo? think of something else bro

You should add Drano to your arm, because you will never get laid with a tattoo like that.

Quote Originally Posted by tyran View Post
    vol'jin is cool and all and i love tattoos and half sleeves especially, but comeon. why would you get a wow tattoo? think of something else bro
    I'm personally completely uninked, but if I was someone that got a lot of tattoos, one one of them would probably be something WoW related. Why shouldn't he?

Deleted
    i like Vol"jin alot and it will stand out nicely, im going to make it a little darker than cartoonish. but the prob is i don't know what im gonna add to fill up. i don't mind ppl saying like u wont get laid and ur a nerd, i mean i have a gf and she likes the idea even my artist likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeryon View Post
    i like Vol"jin alot and it will stand out nicely, im going to make it a little darker than cartoonish. but the prob is i don't know what im gonna add to fill up. i don't mind ppl saying like u wont get laid and ur a nerd, i mean i have a gf and she likes the idea even my artist likes it.
    It's pretty cool, IMO. As you're already doing, disregard haters. Everyone loves good looking ink, and no one gives a shit whether the inspiration is WoW, a book, or just something you dreamed up.

Sorry I can't help on topic... I have zero artistic talent. Should be cool though.

Maybe try a stylized version of the horde logo and the icon of shadows to back him up?

Don't listen to all these other scrubs, if they don't have tattoos they don't understand and only have opinions with no grounding. I have 4k in tattoo work. People with deep meaningful tattoos always regret them; unless its memorial work. What the tattoo is has little relevance compared to the quality of the tattoo when showing it off to other people. I like the Vol'Jin idea and if you get a good color artist it could look really awesome. I know a artist who did an Orc and something else from the WoW manual maybe or art book and it turned out pretty awesome.

When doing a half sleeve the most important part is thinking about the rest of your arm, because getting the upper part to mesh well into the lower part is really important especially when doing something like a portrait or single image, ie Vol'Jin, without the image its hard to give any real advice. I advise other characters, totems, Troll symbol, horde symbol, Weapons, water, other island stuff etc. I would start saving too, because a half sleeve of something like that in high quality all the way around your arm is going to be upwards of 1k or more at least. My half sleeve was near 3k, but that is because its all Dali paintings that are really slow and detailed to copy. I'm doing some comic book characters on my leg, after my full-back piece is finished, because its an easy area to do images like people without have to mesh the lower and upper leg. Without the image though its hard to give you any real solid advice. The only advice I can give you is don't take advice from people without tattoos.

Deleted
    i was thinking about adding totems and the horde banner aswell i also will add some skulls maybe, since trolls are head hunters. One other thing, do u think snakes will look nice and make sense? i dont wanna add anything that is out of the 'lore'

Quote Originally Posted by Zeryon View Post
    i was thinking about adding totems and the horde banner aswell i also will add some skulls maybe, since trolls are head hunters. One other thing, do u think snakes will look nice and make sense?
    Stone snakes or the serpents like the ones from The Temple of Hakkar. Skulls be wary so they don't turn out the wrong style. Finding skulls that match the same art style as WoW might be difficult.

My personal opinion is things dont have to go together to look good. If you've got the right artist you'll be in an awesome place if you tell him what you want the center piece to look like, and then the idea you have in mind.

After a bunch of tattoos there's a certain relationship and level of trust you come to with your artist. Some artists like to free hand, some like to sketch and trace, but MOST will sketch before hand to make sure your vision and their vision are close enough that you will love what you leave with.

My advice (if he's not a wow player) is to give him an image of voljin, and links to a few dozen things you think would look good going with it, and give your artist free reign on the background but tell him you were thinking tribal style objects in the background (or whatever). Just have him sketch his idea, and if you like where he went with the background, go for it, if not, tell him so (gently...if you're not already friends).

All the guys that work at the place I go are very talented, however the specific artist I work with just matches my personality, and I really think that connection makes a difference when you're talking about getting something that's gonna be on your body forever.

Deleted
    aha, i told my artist the same thing coz i dont want the skulls to look that 'gothic' and dark like...but stone snakes will come out nicely. my arm isnt very big so i have to limit stuff, i want them to be detailed enough and look nice,to be exact im going to tattoo from my shoulder (it goes up in my shoulder) down to my elbow all around my arm and slightly on my upper chest.

I just wanted to chime in and say how rad that's going to be.

I don't understand the hate on WoW tattoos. So many people get tattoos of things they love and love to do (i.e. sports, movies, food, etc.). What makes WoW any worse than that, especially if you've played for many years? Having said that, I wish I was a Hordie, because I'd get a badass WoW tattoo in a second. Alliance logo and stuff is just kinda, meh.

Deleted
    reikoshea yeah my artist is very good, i gave him an image and he is even looking and checking the backround about Vol'jin, so he is helping out quite well

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 08:27 AM ----------

BDW thank you all for your feedback really appreciated!!

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 08:33 AM ----------

Zoldor, how about i add hakkar maybe? he will look quite badass..i mean picture this he will be on my upper shoulder and since he has wings on of them will be on my chest and the other and back shoulder upper part

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 08:33 AM ----------

[/COLOR]Zoldor, how about i add hakkar maybe? he will look quite badass..i mean picture this he will be on my upper shoulder and since he has wings on of them will be on my chest and the other and back shoulder upper part
    That would look pretty sweet, or a rad image of Zul'Jin I'm a big Zul'jin fan.

Deleted
    Zul'Jin is cool aswell, but im leaning more to hakkar coz he has that serpent look..i dont want it to look like a scene tho, i don't know if ur understand what i mean but i want to look more like 'abstract' like more than a scene. i cant upload the pic im using for vol'jin but its the one with all the leaders in it

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 08:54 AM ----------

http://www.google.com.mt/imgres?um=1...64&tx=75&ty=62 that one

I suggest taking a few screenshots of Echo Islands and Stranglethorn ruins so your artist can picture a nica background for Vol'jin.

Last edited by Kavoo; 2012-11-17 at 08:12 AM.

Deleted
    Nice mate ty alot

10+ Year Old Account
    add bloodhoof there , such a fat cow will fill out any space ;>