View Poll Results: Do you support Marijuana legalization? (if so how much)

Voters
1380. This poll is closed
  • Legalized for everyone and children with parental consent

62 4.49%
  • Everyone 18+

612 44.35%
  • Everyone 21+

466 33.77%
  • Medical use Only

109 7.90%
  • Against marijuana PERIOD.

113 8.19%
  • Don't know.

18 1.30%
Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Well I'm against it completely, but with alcohol being legal at 21, there's no logical reason for it to be any different for marijuana. It's no worse, really. I'd rather just make all of it illegal and be done with it, but that's not going to happen. So yeah, make it legal at 21, or keep it completely illegal and try to outlaw alcohol too.
    Because Prohibition was oh-so effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by moldsandwich View Post
    This thread is so full of shit of people who want to fool everyone else that the words misusage and controlled use means the same, no it doesn't fo fuck sake you are not fooling anyone except your ignorant self.

It's like with World of Warcraft, a highly addicting game but when controlled properly and not letting it take over your life and turn your life to shit, then it can be a really nice, pleasant and contructive experience where you build bridges for life for some. Same shit with marijuana, if you use it to meditate, medicate then it can be a wonder herb and I'll say it again, it's because of idiots misusing it (yes this includes goverments in the way that they misuse their power to manipulate and create a monopoly since marijuana is one of the biggest cash-cows in the world and far bigger than alcohol and tabacco combined), that's when shit hits the fan and as with WoW it because a "drug".

When will you morons know the difference? Someone who quoted me spoke of personal experiences including his/her uncle, cousin but quess what, it's your family members that are the morons who can not control their intake and most probably was smoking in an instable enviorment where and since marijuana enhances the sense, they became paranoid and did some idiotic shit, it's NOT the herbs fault! It's theirs!

I can't believe that to this day the sheep of this world swallow and believe everything that they are being fed and without diving into matters and disect things they just blatanly take their word for it, fucking momos.
    Or, maybe they're smart people who know that it's completely pointless to get high, and that it shouldn't be supported in any way? I'd say the people arguing for it are the morons, but keep spouting off crap like this if you like. The only people who will agree with you are the other hopheads, and that isn't saying much.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Never said it was. I'm simply saying how I think it should be. The fact that people are largely idiots and won't go for the right choice doesn't change the fact that it's the right choice.

Hard to say. On one hand the current situation bears resemblance to prohibition but on the other hand marijuana bears resemblance to tobacco in the 50s. Many people think it's completely harmless and that is a complete fabrication. It's a mind altering drug and whats more it is an airborne substance. If smoked in public, or near a child it will affect them as well, so does normal tobacco but it doesn't run the risk of creating hallucinations in innocent bystanders. Not to mention the many, many people who would smoke it or be affected by nearby smokers while driving their cars or operating machinery.

Basically if it were ever to be legalized I feel people would need an extremely more strict attitude towards it, as the current lax pothead attitude that so many have of marijuana would wind up hurting a lot of innocent people, as well as lot of misinformed people.

And before people start spamming silly studies about how it doesn't affect people in any bad way just google it and find 300 other studies that contradict all your hails to pot. It's a medical fact that marijuana has mind altering qualities, is harmful to a child's brain development and the act of inhaling it is a lung irritant.

I usually vote conservative, have never smoked pot, and I believe Marijuana should be legalized. Marijuana typically has less adverse affects than alcohol; a lot of states could use the increased revenue from regulation and taxation; police forces should be more focused on more serious crimes and drugs that can effectively ruin lives with a single use; there are a lot of reasons why it should be legalized, at least in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    So glad I am not living anywhere near that sad state. At best it's corporate greed waiting to get another stranglehold on society through "regulating" the garbage, at worst it's a bunch of idiot stoners who are just gonna further pull down society and not even have to hide it.
    Can you provide evidence for the idea that people have used or use marijuana are "pulling down society"?

15+ Year Old Account
    Not opposed to it's medical use for people that really need it, but in states like California it's gotten out of control. I think it's recreational use is a bad idea too. People don't need more chemicals and vices.

Or, maybe they're smart people who know that it's completely pointless to get high, and that it shouldn't be supported in any way
    Nope, that's pretty much not it. By any reasonable measure, I'm "smart", yet I used to enjoy smoking weed and think there's no plausible argument for it being illegal.

If your argument amounts to "stupid people disagree with me and smart people agree with me", you probably don't have a real argument and are just suffering from severe cognitive biases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Can you provide evidence for the idea that people have used or use marijuana are "pulling down society"?
    The overuse of anything is ultimately detrimental. Marijuana could cause someone to become demotivated from society merely by removing their focus on contributing to it; and while it has little chemical addictive properties, it definitely has strong behavioral addictive properties. Although, you could say the same about a good number of things in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Prohibition wasn't as black and white a failure as is commonly portrayed; ultimately, it did accomplish its goal on lessening the number of people drinking and stopping the increase in drinkers in the country. Yes, it had problems with it that outweighed the benefits, but simply labeling it an absolute failure ultimately limits yourself from looking at the greater, more complex picture.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2012-11-11 at 09:41 PM.

I love crack.

Therefore it should totally be legal.

Then heroine, then PCP, Then just flat out poison. I should be able to use any of it because the government can make money and besides, Cigarettes and alcohol are legal so they should be.

I (believe) I have done far less damage while on crack then on alcohol, therefore justification.

In fact why have rules at all. If I like it then i'll totally dig up every half assed or obscure report about that activity being beneficial and stretch that out into undeniable proof it's good.

It's funny how stoners can be so blind to the BS they do but quickly point the finger at alcohol or waste time looking for reports done by people proving the glory of their addiction instead of doing ANYTHING even remotely productive. (<--- every pathetic stoner I know, including my brother who also believes that There should be no jail at all, that all criminals will reform themselves and he wouldn't mind living beside a murderer because he knows they will always feel sorry, gee I wonder how he came up with that philosophy?)

In fact, talking sense into drug heads dosn't seem to be productive. So instead of wasting time like a stoner will I will come to my full clean senses and move on from this zoned out, hippy infested thread.

I was going to post something insightful and constructive, but then I got high.

Nah in all seriousness. I still haven't heard any good reasons NOT to legalize it. Just do it already.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    The overuse of anything is ultimately detrimental. Marijuana could cause someone to become demotivated from society merely by removing their focus on contributing to it; and while it has little chemical addictive properties, it definitely has strong behavioral addictive properties. Although, you could say the same about a good number of things in the world.
    Well, sure, I don't doubt that overuse and addiction are quite bad. That wasn't really what I was driving at though. I'm unaware of any correlative link between trying marijuana, or even using "regularly", and "pulling down society" (presumably defined by not working). I'd wager that marijuana use is higher among college students (who generally have bright futures, as a demographic) relative to their non-college age demographic.

Deleted
    I feel that it shouldn't be legalized because I don't see how bringing out more drugs will do more good than harm. Sure, alcohol could be arguable worse, but it's a lot harder to remove something that has existed through generations, than preventing another drug to enter our lives.

I really don't see why people feel such need for drugs anyway? Feels like it's a case of the forbidden fruit...

Fully support; I find it retarded to keep it illegal.

However, like alcohol, I fully support keeping it illegal to be under the influence of it and drive.

TBH idc if children do it too provided their parents are there helping them.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Sure, alcohol could be arguable worse, but it's a lot harder to remove something that has existed through generations, than preventing another drug to enter our lives.
    Are you really under the impression that marijuana's presently unavailable?

I really don't see why people feel such need for drugs anyway? Feels like it's a case of the forbidden fruit...
    They're fun, plain and simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poll results made my day.

Just left this site with quotes on the issue from a lot of the nation's "famous" people. Some of the people that support it would surprise you. Really makes you wonder who exactly is holding this thing back. I think it is simply ignorance. Some people still think it can kill you.

Notable folks that you would never expect:

Pat Robertson
    Bill O'Reilly
    David Koch
    Glenn Beck
    Michael Steele
    Sarah Palin
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-11-11 at 09:49 PM.
    I like sandwiches

Or, maybe they're smart people who know that it's completely pointless to get high, and that it shouldn't be supported in any way? I'd say the people arguing for it are the morons, but keep spouting off crap like this if you like. The only people who will agree with you are the other hopheads, and that isn't saying much.

Never said it was. I'm simply saying how I think it should be. The fact that people are largely idiots and won't go for the right choice doesn't change the fact that it's the right choice.
    I'll just retire knowing that someone here has the right idea. The few people I do know who are smart and smoke pot immediately start acting like idiots when they do (a lot faster then then do when they occasionally drink) and also sound pretty stupid when they start pretending its the holy solution to problems.

Sure; why not? I don't like it my self but my dad sure seems to enjoy it. Maybe he won't have to try and be all secretive with growing his plants anymore if they legalize it.

Legalized and taxed for 18+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well, sure, I don't doubt that overuse and addiction are quite bad. That wasn't really what I was driving at though. I'm unaware of any correlative link between trying marijuana, or even using "regularly", and "pulling down society" (presumably defined by not working). I'd wager that marijuana use is higher among college students (who generally have bright futures, as a demographic) relative to their non-college age demographic.
    Oh, I'm quite aware. But there are pretty severe limits to doing proper research on marijuana and its adverse effects, since the parameters for defining if it interferes with work are a bit muddled. Another thing to consider is the timing; how long does it last in your system? If it does inhibit your ability to, say, perform a job, but it clears out after just 4 hours or something like that, can you really use that to argue against marijuana? I mean, if you get drunk right before work, you won't be able to function. Hell, if you stay up all night playing WoW, chances are you won't function well the next day. So even if there is a case for it causing people to "pull down society," I don't see how that argument is valid.

Although, I don't quite see college age students being a higher demographic, from personal experience.. but I was also in a professional program from freshman year so my personal perspective could very easily be skewed.

I feel that it shouldn't be legalized because I don't see how bringing out more drugs will do more good than harm. Sure, alcohol could be arguable worse, but it's a lot harder to remove something that has existed through generations, than preventing another drug to enter our lives.

Yay, I truly am happy when I see smart people on this forum.

It's definitely the forbidden fruit thing with MJ, the only possible good thing to come of legalizing it is that maybe the novelty will wear off and they'll stop and start being productive.

Stoners just wern't smart enough to think of a better past tiime other then "veg out" and act like idiots.
    Last edited by Argroth; 2012-11-11 at 09:49 PM.