View Poll Results: Do you support Marijuana legalization? (if so how much)

Voters
1380. This poll is closed
  • Legalized for everyone and children with parental consent

62 4.49%
  • Everyone 18+

612 44.35%
  • Everyone 21+

466 33.77%
  • Medical use Only

109 7.90%
  • Against marijuana PERIOD.

113 8.19%
  • Don't know.

18 1.30%
Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And legalizing bank robbery stops making bank robbers criminals too. Should we legalize bank robbery too?
    Robbing a bank puts OTHERS IN DIRECT HARM my friend.
    Some dude smoking a joint in his back yard while playing halo 4 or just meditating will not put others in harm.
    Getting high/drunk/texting while driving should still be against the law though.
    Last edited by Sole-Warrior; 2012-11-12 at 06:28 PM. Reason: typos...

I smoke weed since I am 15 (24 right now), my grades improved ever since. I am currently studying in The Netherlands and got ranked 20-something out of 400 students for the 2nd year with an average grade of 8.1 / 10.

When I was younger everyone thought I would end up under a bridge with no education. I was overly aggressive, had to repeat a class, failed Gymnasium and dropped to Hauptschule (google it). However, I made friends who smoked and introduced me to weed in the Hauptschule, I learned to relax and how to get rid of stress and I eventually got the curve, went back to finish the last two years at a Gymnasium and got my Abitur.

Weed and having "potheads" as friends helped me a great deal to bring my life back on the right track.

Basically everyone at my univeristy smokes weed at least two times per week. Me and my friends smoke almost every day. The funny thing is, we can stop whenever we want, and we are not just talk. Every 4 weeks we stop for 2 weeks because we have to prepare for our exams (we have a period system with exams every 7 weeks).

While smoking weed, we still go out and play football, we go to normal bars, go to our classes, play Fifa... there is no difference between us, and "normal" people.

Right now we are all in our internships and I am in Croatia working for the countries biggest sports organization. I have not smoked since last summer, so about 4 months. I am not even missing it.

People who know my face from the Fun Stuff section also know that I am by no means an untidy looking rastafari man with no teeth and bad skin. Weed also never made me anti social. As a matter of fact, I found my true best friends through weed.

And this is why I will always love The Netherlands and I will always be close to them. No matter where I end up later in my life.

ps.: I am almost 100% sure that I cannot convince die hard anti weed people and they will most likely cast off my whole life as an "isolated, once in a thousand"-case. Had this debate with a very dear friend of mine from Croatia. She didnt know I smoked weed, she eventually found out since I blatantly spiffed one up while she was around and I spend around 30 minutes talking to a wall. The misinformation some people are being fed with is horrible.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2012-11-12 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Medical use only.
    A lot of people use the herp derp alcohol is legal reasoning, well alcohol should be illegal too. Go do something constructive like, I don't know, anything other than destroying your body and getting literally nothing in return.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Medical use only.
    A lot of people use the herp derp alcohol is legal reasoning, well alcohol should be illegal too. Go do something constructive like, I don't know, anything other than destroying your body and getting literally nothing in return.
    What makes you think that you gained nothing in return after smoking weed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    What makes you think that you gained nothing in return after smoking weed?
    Name something you get in return.

I read your above post, I'm glad to see that you are on the road to success instead of living under a bridge, but the weed had nothing to do with it. The friends you made while smoking the weed is what made you better.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Medical use only.
    A lot of people use the herp derp alcohol is legal reasoning, well alcohol should be illegal too. Go do something constructive like, I don't know, anything other than destroying your body and getting literally nothing in return..
    Destroying your body? Utter BS here. Marijuana does not destroy your body. If you are underage like below ages of 21-26ish it will impair brain development. But after those ages there is NO credible evidence that Marijuana kills brain cells. The THC believe it or not is a well known cancer killer.
    As for lung impairment. Moderate to subtle smokers generally don't get lung impairment, infact their lung capacity increases very marginally. Is only if you smoke heavily that negative effects occur. But then again Marijuana can be vaporized which is far cleaner than smoking.

Lets say I am wrong, does it matter? No because an adult away from his/her parents living alone, supporting him/her own self SHOULD be able to make their own decisions ONE WHAT THEY DO WITH THEIR OWN BODY without the government parenting them like children.
    Last edited by Sole-Warrior; 2012-11-12 at 08:25 PM.

I read your above post, I'm glad to see that you are on the road to success instead of living under a bridge, but the weed had nothing to do with it. The friends you made while smoking the weed is what made you better.
    Well, party true. Let me first list a few of the positive aspects of weed. I don't think I am going to tell you anything new, but still:

Weed makes you relaxed. Previous tensions fade away, your stress level drops.
    You start to think. Contrary to the believe that weed makes you dumb while under the influence, it made me think. I thought about my life, where I am going to, where I will end up and what I can and should change.

Sounds very stereotypical, but I can understand that this sounds alien to people who never smoked weed, or don't have weed smokers as friends. I still had my best conversations while being high on weed.

Another, more blatant profit of weed is that you can quit alcohol for partying. Instead of buying expensive whiskey, drink half a bottle of it, become a stuttering, aggressive and soon-to-pass-out prick, you could just smoke two joints and enjoy your evening. You are most likely not going to be as hyperactive as the drunk guy, but you are also not going to be the annoying guy. Big bonus with the ladies, you are actually able to engage in a nice conversation, whereas the drunktards conversation wont go any further than "yo babe nicesh assh...hick"

Also, there is no hangover after weed. You smoked 10 grams of weed in one night? You will be baked as shit, but you gonna be just fine tomorrow morning.

Now to your other statement. As I said, it's partly true. Yes, my friends changed me. But it's also the weed that helped me during that time. I've listed the biggest reasons up there.
    The whole culture centered around weed, the people involved in it, the relaxing and stress relieving effects of it, those are all reasons why I am such a strong supporter of weed legalization.

Give me any possible scenario concerning weed and I can most likely give you a personal report about my own experience with it.

Fun.
    Cognitive dissonance is when you hold two conflicting ideas. In this sentence it would be that you think that weed had nothing to do with it, but believe that it was the friends he made while smoking weed. Even if those ideas weren't conflicting, you'd still be making a giant assumption about his life.

Typically, if you need to assume such huge things about other people, your position should be reconsidered.

10+ Year Old Account
    I either support the legalization of Marijuana or if that is not possible because people and their broken views, I support that Marijuana is illegal and so should be Alcohol.

Deleted
    All drugs are shit and ppl wanting to legalize them are idiot scumbags. Period. We don't need any more shit around when ppl are finally learning to reduce smoking and drinking. Also, if you really can't "recreate" without drugs, there's something wrong with you. Either you lack imagination or are just a plain moron. Most likely both. And just like regular smokers... if you can't suck all of your smoke in your arse, you are going to get shit from your neighbours. But mari fans are worthless, selfish bastards anyway... their own pleasures and "rights" go past respecting the people around them. And as such they deserve zero respect themselves.

But if some actual medicine can be extracted from drug plants, that's entirely another thing.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-11-12 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    All drugs are shit and ppl wanting to legalize them are idiot scumbags. Period. We don't need any more shit around when ppl are finally learning to reduce smoking and drinking. Also, if you really can't "recreate" without drugs, there's something wrong with you. Either you lack imagination or are just a plain moron. Most likely both. And just like regular smokers... if you can't suck all of your smoke in your arse, you are going to get shit from your neighbours. But mari fans are worthless, selfish bastards anyway... their own pleasures and "rights" go past respecting the people around them. And as such they deserve zero respect themselves.

But if some actual medicine can be extracted from drug plants, that's entirely another thing.
    I am a scumbag because I believe in limited government, civil liberties, and that an adult who supports him/her own self deserves the right to decide what he/she puts to their own body.
    OK than I like being a scumbag or whatever hateful term you use. We are for the most part TALKING about allowing people to use pot in designated smoking areas and/or at home. Why do you feel so entitled to control other peoples personal behaviors? If someone wants to smoke a joint at home WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO INVADE THEIR PRIVACY.

PROHIBITION IS A COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE! PEOPLE who want drugs can TURN to black markets WHICH ARE UNREGULATED and are a primary fuel for the drug cartels. Want to stop the drug cartels??? I have a suggestion, defund them. How? if shops are suddenly able to sell marijuana, suddenly these black markets will have to compete with these regulated shops which the consumer can be sure its actrual marijuana, not like what many drug dealers sell which they FAKE the weight by adding TOXIC "fillers" inorder to make higher profits.
    THE % OF PEOPLE WHO USED DRUGS BEFORE AND AFTER THIS BS DRUG WAR is about the same.

Marijuana IS NOT like any other drug. THERE ARE NO DEATHS LINKED to marijuana use.
    Its far safer than alcohol crack or heroin.
    The only HARM it does is that if you are UNDER your mid 20s it may interfere with your brain development.
    And if you smoke very heavily only then does it impair lung function. Mild-moderate users do not suffer from any noticeable impairment.
    Last edited by Sole-Warrior; 2012-11-12 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    I am a scumbag because I believe in limited government, civil liberties, and that an adult who supports him/her own self deserves the right to decide what he/she puts to their own body.
    This is what I ment with mari addicts being selfish bastards. You didn't get a very important point, or you intentionally missed it, like most mari fans do. That the effects won't be limited to your body. You are forcing other people to breath your drug fumes against their will (same stuff as with smokers), or endure your behavior when you finally smoke out enough braincells.

PROHIBITION IS A COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE! PEOPLE who want drugs can TURN to black markets WHICH ARE UNREGULATED and are a primary fuel for the drug cartels. Want to stop the drug cartels??? I have a suggestion, defund them. How? if shops are suddenly able to sell marijuana, suddenly these black markets will have to compete with these regulated shops which the consumer can be sure its actrual marijuana, not like what many drug dealers sell which they FAKE the weight by adding TOXIC crap inorder to make higher profits.
    THE % OF PEOPLE WHO USED DRUGS BEFORE AND AFTER THIS BS DRUG WAR is about the same.
    Oh my, cry me a river. Drug dealers adding poison to your drugs? Well that's your problem and entirely your own fault, because no one is forcing you to use drugs. I have a suggestion that's better than ANY of yours: stop using marijuana.

This is what I ment with mari addicts being selfish bastards. You didn't get a very important point, or you intentionally missed it, like most mari fans do. That the effects won't be limited to your body. You are forcing other people to breath your drug fumes against their will (same stuff as with smokers), or endure your behavior when you finally smoke out enough braincells.
    you realize there are other methods of using mj right? and that legalizing it wont make every street and restaurant into a rastafarian smoke out right?

Oh my, cry me a river. Drug dealers adding poison to your drugs? Well that's your problem and entirely your own fault, because no one is forcing you to use drugs. I have a suggestion that's better than ANY of yours: stop using marijuana.
    cool idea, except that you forgot about the whole funding cartels part. or is that just mexico's problem?

all this talk of selfishness and whatnot, how about you reread that conversation, and see who is attempting to dictate to who

I don't even know where and how to begin to educate you. You are so horribly misinformed I already feel kinda sorry for you.
    Are you open to new information, or would I only waste my time with you?

Ps.: If you don't change the way you write to other people you won't last long in GenOT. Your second post is again worth of an infraction, which would give you a small break from posting on MMO.

21+ all day errrrrry day
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd agree legalization for everyone 21+.

Luckily I live in California where $35 allows me to have a prescription to legally smoke marijuana for medicinal purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

EXACTLY how some someone smoking pot at home AWAY from public places or in Designated smoking zones MANY YARDS away from any doors or windows, or doing it ALONE at home "forcing" our fumes on others? Again what we are proposing is that we allow people to use marijuana in DESIGNATED ZONES or AT HOME away from others.

And you missed my argument about drug cartels which collect funds mainly from black markets around the world (many in the US). Legalizing stores to sell marijuana will severely hinder their sales because suddenly they have to compete with qualified stores.

And as others said, marijuana CAN be vaporized to avoid the smokey fumes. It doesn't need to be smoked.

Also I don't use marijuana, never will unless I get cancer, I am just defending civil liberties. and I was merely bring out the point that legalizing marijuana will keep people safer BECAUSE of the tactics of black markets.

Also... why is is that MOST posts by those who like marijuana prohibition Generally start out with a derogatory hate ridden terms like "bastard" or "Lazy hippie idiot"?
    Last edited by Sole-Warrior; 2012-11-12 at 09:58 PM.

I just dont wanna buy of the bikies down the street anymore, they got hard drugs that im exposed to.

and mull actually increases lung function, and gets rid of dead cells, actually cures brain cancer

theyve done tests and cant find where it actually does damage

do your reading :P

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 06:24 AM ----------

pain relief
    anxiety relief
    depression relief
    stress relief

it causes the body to start regenerating cells

quit alcohol on it
    be creative on it
    relax after a hard days work
    enjoy the taste and the smell
    become a gardener (or even hydroponics)
    dont have to take harder drugs

>>>>relief from pharmaceutics side effects<<<<

dont have to take anti depressants

and much more

Infracted.
    Never done drugs, never will, not a "mari fan" as you like to say. But I still think they should be legalized.

I believe certain things should be legislated (I think people shouldn't be smoking anything around other people as it infringes upon their right to breathe fresh air, and I think the government can get involved in that). If someone's actions affect other people, government may step in. If someone's actions only affect themselves, then the government can go shove off. They have no right to tell an individual what they cannot do to themselves. We should be given all freedoms and rights, except when our freedoms and rights infringe on the freedoms and rights of others. This is not one of those cases.

Perhaps you don't understand the concepts of liberty and freedom, but they were popular 200 years ago, and I hear they're coming back in style now (at least, that's what Libertarians are trying to do, 'cept they were too spineless to support their candidate). Political matters aside, it's still freedom. Government telling us what we cannot put into our bodies is a step in the wrong direction. Then they start telling us we can't drink soda, because it's too sugary. We can't eat fries because they're too fatty. Then all our food must be low sodium. I sit around and play video games instead of exercising. Fact: in excess, all of these things are bad for us. But people enjoy them, and it's not the government's job to tell us what to consume.

Fact is, you're being the selfish one. You're telling people that no, they cannot have pot because you don't think they should have it. You don't like it, so no one else should be allowed to. You're imposing your preferences on everybody else. That's pretty self-serving right there. Do you believe everything you do not like should be outlawed? Be reasonable, and understand that people are different from you. They smoke because they enjoy it. I drink soda, eat chips, and play video games because I enjoy it. Perhaps you also do things that might be "unhealthy". But you enjoy them, and do them anyway. Should the government tell you that you may no longer do those things simply because they want to dictate your life? Would you fight if the government told you that you couldn't do these unhealthy habits? If you wouldn't want that, then don't try to impose the same things on other people. Maybe it is unhealthy. But it's their right as citizens and humans.

I don't do drugs. I don't think people SHOULD be doing drugs. But I'm a believer in liberty, and so I must take this stance. It's the individual's choice, not the governments.

Deleted
    I find it amusing that all the people who are against weed are probably sitting at home now, drinking their coffee. Smoking their cigarettes and thinking about having a beer. All of which are more addictive and dangerous than the illigal herb. Funny.