View Poll Results: Do you consider WoWProgress to be the most accurate rankings?

Voters
99. This poll is closed
  • Yes, they should always be blindly believed and never questioned

80 80.81%
  • No, they have an obvious bias and should be scrutinized

19 19.19%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

WoWProgress is a joke

Last month the paragon fans were saying their favorite guild was number 1 because they dropped the final boss of the first content before anyone else and before we get into the whole 10 vs 25 argument the truth is first is first. I personally weigh the 25 difficulty higher but that's my personal measure and is not for everyone. Now blood legion clear the new content first making them number 1 but wait the idiotic wowprogress is the be all end all rank for morons so they quote that as their scripture.

First is first and blood legion was first this time.
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-11-11 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wowprogress is a little flawed in that it takes into account only the release time of the raid for those regions. It's not considering the first boss was only made killable at the same time for all regions. I don't know if those who run it will correct that mistake, but Blood Legion clearly is the world first right now.

Edit for clarity: I'm not saying Blood Legion is the #1 guild for all of tier 14. I mean that Blood Legion should be recognized for clearing HoF first. The extra day didn't matter if the boss was unkillable. Both the US and EU had equal time on the final version of the boss.
    Last edited by Aoyi; 2012-11-11 at 03:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    Last month the paragon fans were saying their favorite guild was number 1 because they dropped the final boss of the first content before anyone else and before we get into the whole 10 vs 25 argument the truth is first is first. I personally weigh the 25 difficulty higher but that's my personal measure and is not for everyone. Now blood legion clear the new content first making them number 1 but wait the idiotic wowprogress is the be all end all rank for morons so they quote that as their scripture.

Blood Legion was only first because US get content a day early. if you take into account the 1 day headstart, Paragon killed them a few hours earlier than BL. and it's only fair to substract the head start, because a race is about time spent, not who arrives first. else a time trial cycling cross would always be won by one of the first to depart.

What even funnier is when Paragon announced they were going 10 man Euros were butthurt and considered Paragon a joke at the time. But now Paragon is still competing in top world kills as 10 man so now they say 10 man is "legit" and some are trying to say its harder then 25m.

Don't let it get to you bud, ignore what a website says is the best guild. Blood Legion was the first guild to kill Grand Empress. Let the EU scene cling onto whatever theory of ranking they want, doesn't change the fact that Blood Legion killed it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Blood Legion was only first because US get content a day early. if you take into account the 1 day headstart, Paragon killed them a few hours earlier than BL. and it's only fair to substract the head start, because a race is about time spent, not who arrives first. else a time trial cycling cross would always be won by one of the first to depart.
    EU beat Blood Legion on every boss except the last 2 so their "head start" did them no good, and in fact were behind EU until the end. If BL got world first on every single boss...then yeah the head start could be taken into account. But when they fall behind EU guilds and pull it out at the end? they were on level ground at that point.
    Last edited by Menkey; 2012-11-11 at 03:20 PM.

Europe gets all patches a day behind the U.S. and wowprogress reflects this in the rankings.

But there was also the bug with Raid IDs stopping a lot of guilds from even getting in to HoF on US release day.

And if the "headstarts" are going to count, why don't we ask each guild how many hours they raided total as well? Sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    What about the EU guild that got an extra lockout on MSV, giving them an advantage in that race? Was that considered ok? For those that don't know, their raid went live about 1-2 hours before the reset giving some of their top guilds a chance to get in a couple early boss kills for extra gear that week.

Deleted

Herp derp. It's a part of the same tier (look at tier 11 for reference).

If you finish as 5th in the world and later 1st you will be ranked worse than someone finishing 1st and later 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    It's not considering the first boss was only made killable at the same time for all regions.
    Right... like raidstart for US, while the EU people already have been wiping for whatever hours, while it's already well past midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Wowprogress is a little flawed in that it takes into account only the release time of the raid for those regions. It's not considering the first boss was only made killable at the same time for all regions. I don't know if those who run it will correct that mistake, but Blood Legion clearly is the world first right now.
    Wowprogress doesnt take the release time for the boss into account. But it's based off the sum of score for the last bosses of MV and HoF. Guild gets progressively less score for each day after the first kill wherefore Paragon did get the max score for Empress (less than a day difference from the world first) and considering Paragon beat BL by almost 2 days on Will they are first.

Deleted
    You know why Paragon is ranked as number 1 atm? Because this is one tier, that means the best guild in the world will be the guild with the highest average score. Right now Paragon has a world rank 1 kill and a world rank 2 kill while blood legion has a world rank 1 kill and a world rank 5 kill. So who do you really think should be on top?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    100% agree. But I thought the "World rank" or whatever was because Paragon got WF Will and World second Empress, whereas Blood Legion got World 5th Will and WF Empress. I guess I'm wrong tho. Anyways I separate the Races, not taking away from Paragon, but I think there are enough differences between 10 and 25 to warrant separation.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I've generally disagreed with a lot of your posts in the past, I do agree with this one. I don't follow world firsts particularly. I usually see it on the front page, give a thumbs up and continue on with my day. It may just be me, but I think time of day matters not to HC world first aspiring guilds. Hours ahead or behind in another timezone or not, I think these guilds play to win and rarely see the sun for the time that they're mashing away at a world first clear. Without the timezone technicality, Paragon nabbed second best and BL beat them to the punch this time.

This of course won't change things on WoWProgress nor for anyone who would disagree with my idea. As always, to each their own.

It has nothing to do with time needed to kill boss, it counts time from first kill of last bosses in instance. In this case world first and world second put Paragon above Blood Legion's world fifth and world first.

15+ Year Old Account
    In this case, first can mean two things: either they were the first to kill it or they were the fastest (note: the time elapsed between the release of the raid and the death of the boss, not the duration of the fight!) to kill it. In this case, fastest outways first.

If the US guild can enter the raid a day early, they can start a day earlier than European guilds. Yes, they will be first to kill the boss and it will be a world first. But, they are not the fastest to kill the boss. It's like a race where the racers start on different times. Of course the first racer will cross the finish line first, but at this point, what matters is the time it took him to do so. For all you know, the last racers might have the best time. And he's win.

It's pretty easy to solve; change World First into World Fastest or maybe World Earliest (based on the amount of time that elapsed between the opening of the raid and the downing of the boss).

The US always got raids earlier than Europe, yet Europe has dominated the World First kills for a long time. Think about that. Europe beats the US even with the US guilds allowed to enter the raids a day earlier.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    WowProgress ranks per tier. Paragon killed WotE way before BL and Empress less than a day slower than BL (faster if you count 1day headstart for BL)

Deleted

You already made one thread about this pointless topic. Wowprogress takes in several informations when calculating ranks. Besides that, this is still the same tier as Vaults. Blood legion got world first in HoF, hats off to that. And they got served in Vaults. Theres still 1/3 of the tier left, probably the most important part aswell. So whoever is 1st atm, who cares?

Deleted
    Ranks are based on overall tier performance, even if Paragon weren't given the full bonus for Shek'zeer due to the whole 1 day later EU release scheledule, they'd have still gotten 14,900+ points for their kill due to being only 12 hours behind Blood Legion.

Which would still put Paragon at #1 due to how badly BL did in Vaults (3 days behind, technically 4 if you factor in the US headstart).
    Last edited by mmocee72ac48eb; 2012-11-11 at 03:43 PM.

The tier isn't even over yet, they still have a chance on sha of fear....

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    Ranks are based on overall tier performance, even if Paragon weren't given the full bonus for Shek'zeer due to the whole 1 day later EU release scheledule, they'd have still gotten 14,900+ points for their kill due to being only 12 hours behind Blood Legion.

Which would still put Paragon at #1 due to how badly BL did in Vaults.
    That's not the issue. The issue is Paragon getting the full 15,000 despite the 'day extra' being worthless for the US because of an overtuned Zor'lok and hotfixes going out at the same time to level the field. Paragon should be 12 points ahead.