Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In regards to the cell phones, there have been government phones since land lines were the only thing. I cannot find the article right now, but Obama isn't the one to get the ball rolling with "free phones". Tracfone is a part of this government plan and its been around for about a decade. The reason given for moving to cell phones instead of land lines is because the access or services are "getting cheaper", although I don't see how with every phone requiring a data plan in the next few years (a guess) and the cheapest one being about $80 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    How about that obama phone lady video? Are you debating whether or not people get gov funded cell phones? I really dont understand your side in something that is obvious/known.
    I couldn't care less. People whining about the nature of a democracy has little concern for me; although it does seem like you've grossly inflated the issue to present a problem where none existed. But regardless, if Grokan asked you to give proof to solidify your argument, and you continued with the same unsubstantiated rhetoric as you did before he asked for it, you haven't addressed his point.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkedged View Post
    In regards to the cell phones, there have been government phones since land lines were the only thing. I cannot find the article right now, but Obama isn't the one to get the ball rolling with "free phones". Tracfone is a part of this government plan and its been around for about a decade. The reason given for moving to cell phones instead of land lines is because the access or services are "getting cheaper", although I don't see how with every phone requiring a data plan in the next few years (a guess) and the cheapest one being about $80 a month.
    Ya, its foolish to say the obama administration giving cell phones to low income people isnt true. Not sure why the politico tried to spin that in their final analysis.

They also neglected to mention the requirements removed to obtain these phones, something obama did start.

"I couldn't care less. People whining about the nature of a democracy has little concern for me; although it does seem like you've grossly inflated the issue to present a problem where none existed. But regardless, if Grokan asked you to give proof to solidify your argument, and you continued with the same unsubstantiated rhetoric as you did before he asked for it, you haven't addressed his point. "

Do you need me to prove grass is green and the sky is blue? What are you actually debating? Are you saying they dont receive free cell phones?
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-11-14 at 11:28 PM.

Alright Chad, since you can't present me with anything other than your own word, I'm left to think your're full of hot air.

Seems like a good idea to me, to give poor people phones so they can communicate with potential employers and, ya know, get a job.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

By that extension we should provide them with computers and an internet connection, no? I understand libraries are there for that, but those computers aren't given to people.

And hey, I'm looking for proof that Obama gave phones out specifically to buy people's votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Alright Chad, since you can't present me with anything other than your own word, I'm left to think your're full of hot air.
    Ahh, you missed his bias link.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-phones-suppo/

Even bias links dont deny this. This however this is the statement i had issues with in their final analysis.

Internet chatter claiming that Obama gave cell phones to welfare recipients contained a tiny grain of truth: The federal government does have a program to subsidize phone service for low-income people.

He didnt cut the program so it still exists...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

Not really sure what your looking for, i didnt think the gov giving out phones was a discussion since its common knowledge.

" I'm looking for proof that Obama gave phones out specifically to buy people's votes. "

Logical thinking, you pander to your demograph like the other social programs. Much like romney was to the rich with his tax breaks.

Ahh, you missed his bias link.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-phones-suppo/

Even bias links dont deny this. This however this is the statement i had issues with in their final analysis.

Internet chatter claiming that Obama gave cell phones to welfare recipients contained a tiny grain of truth: The federal government does have a program to subsidize phone service for low-income people.

He didnt cut the program so it still exists...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

Not really sure what your looking for, i didnt think the gov giving out phones was a discussion since its common knowledge.

" I'm looking for proof that Obama gave phones out specifically to buy people's votes. "

Logical thinking, you pander to your demograph like the other social programs. Much like romney was to the rich with his tax breaks.
    But you can't pin the phone support on Obama, the low-income phone-support programs have existed since the creation of the Universal Service Fund back in 1997 under Bill Clinton.

The fact that people are idiots isn't limited to a specific demographic or voting bloc.

The basic concept is engendered in the 1934 Communications Act that basically said "people have a right to access rapid, efficient, nationwide communication services". So shit the concept of "free phones!" goes back to FDR. And since it was passed in his first year in office, it's likely to have been discussed several years prior under Herbert Hoover.
    Last edited by smrund; 2012-11-14 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Not likely, The US claims waters all over the world regardless of which country it is close to. Texas would get the standard 1 mile off the coast the other 200 miles claimed by the US would remain US waters.

See image.

Even in that image you can see where the US does not project its "Claimed Zone" through narrower strips of Mexico directly south of California. The line of the claimed ocean extends out at an angle from the southern border coastline. It would be pretty hard to justify extending their claim out to encompass the waters off the Texan coastline as there is a sizable chunk of ocean well beyond 200m from the border of Louisiana if Texas seceded.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    But you can't pin the phone support on Obama, the low-income phone-support programs have existed since the creation of the Universal Service Fund back in 1997 under Bill Clinton.

The fact that people are idiots isn't limited to a specific demographic or voting bloc.

The basic concept is engendered in the 1934 Communications Act that basically said "people have a right to access rapid, efficient, nationwide communication services". So shit the concept of "free phones!" goes back to FDR. And since it was passed in his first year in office, it's likely to have been discussed several years prior under Herbert Hoover.
    What i can pin on him is taking away the work requirement to qualify for these phones. Work requirement is looking for a job, not having one. But then again these people cant get a photo id over the span of 4 years to combat voter fraud, i guess 2 interviews a month is asking a lot...

I never have to work again, i get $550 a month for food and a $80 cell phone plan. Im 18 btw.

You will always receive these benefits if you choose to work or not. All you have to do is vote democrat!!!

So, you're making "connections" and not substantiating anything.

People also dont recognize the types of foods obama made available with ebt. You can now get any cold food (deli sub, salad, mt dew, doritoes etc) with it.

The funny thing (i learned at the deli) is that if you get your sub pressed/steamed or bacon (freshly cooked) ebt will not cover it. But there are tons of great foods (especially if you cook), you can get filet's and lobster if you want now.

What i can pin on him is taking away the work requirement to qualify for these phones. Work requirement is looking for a job, not having one. But then again these people cant get a photo id over the span of 4 years to combat voter fraud, i guess 2 interviews a month is asking a lot...

I never have to work again, i get $550 a month for food and a $80 cell phone plan. Im 18 btw.

You will always receive these benefits if you choose to work or not. All you have to do is vote democrat!!!
    It's fairly difficult to look for a job in this day and age without a phone. It's sort of a chicken and the egg deal. Sure you can go into the store and apply, but how are they going to reach you? Employers don't mail out letters that you were or were not hired. So you really need a phone to look for a job, but you need to be looking for a job to get a phone. See the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Employers don't mail out letters that you were or were not hired.
    Sig based, you just get the managers (or whoevers) sig on your paper, they look good for hiring and you look good for looking. Mail it in or turn it in monthly. They may check, they may not, kinda like the irs.

It would probably have a psychological impact with all the failure, people dont like losing all the time. But that goes against the democratic plan, keep them where they are and everythings fine. Really, how much have the democrats helped these people over the years? I dont see a lot of change in the lower income area's. Born poor, die poor, voted democrat. Lapdogs for a dollar while they are making millions

Apologies, just can't help myself.
    Im 18 btw
    Anyone else completely not surprised?

So where are we at again? A petition whose claims do not hold up to any sort of serious examination. Treated as so much of a joke that there are now petitions for every state to secede and even petitions for cities to secede if the states they are in, secede. Ongoing assumptions about Obama that also continue to not survive any sort of serious examination. And... some debate over the causes of the 1860's civil war and Slavery. Well at least the last one is actually stimulating.

At least the word "secede" is getting a workout. Doubt its had this much exercise since the 1850's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Internationally Agreed to Maritime Law States "This doctrine limited any nation's rights to the ocean to a narrow belt, traditionally 4.8 kilometers (3 miles), surrounding its coastline and declared the rest of the seas to be free to all nations and belonging to no one. ", Only the USA, UK, and Soviet Union ever said they had a special case and could claim more. The US claims 200 miles and has the worlds Largest Navy to back it up. Oh and the US enforces the 3 mile rule on all other nations.
    The UN Convention on the Law of the Sea provides for an Exlcusive Economic Zone extending 200 miles from the baseline shoreline of each nation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exclusive_economic_zone
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

Sig based, you just get the managers (or whoevers) sig on your paper, they look good for hiring and you look good for looking. Mail it in or turn it in monthly. They may check, they may not, kinda like the irs.

It would probably have a psychological impact with all the failure, people dont like losing all the time. But that goes against the democratic plan, keep them where they are and everythings fine. Really, how much have the democrats helped these people over the years? I dont see a lot of change in the lower income area's. Born poor, die poor, voted democrat. Lapdogs for a dollar while they are making millions
    I don't think that is a democrat thing. Born poor, stay poor, die poor, is pretty much the goal of the elite class and its been that way since humans appeared on the planet. That applies to every elite regardless of political affiliation.

If you are getting $550 per month for food though, that is a freaking crime. Anyone who spends that much without a family is wildly irresponsible. But I'm sure it is true. I just hope you use it on food and not cash it in for half the amount of real money like thousands and thousands of people do in Michigan. Take your bridge card to the store, walk out with cash while the guy at the store makes money from the government.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Apologies, just can't help myself.

Anyone else completely not surprised?
    No wonder you havent understood what ive been saying Im not 18, nor am i on ebt/phone. May wanna check out that guy with the simpsons sig/avatar though :P

"The UN Convention on the Law of the Sea provides for an Exlcusive Economic Zone extending 200 miles from the baseline shoreline of each nation."

Would 200miles be enough or is it all the natural gas in the middle of the gulf?

"If you are getting $550 per month for food though, that is a freaking crime"

I was talking to a homeless guy (still wish i gave him money, he didnt ask) and he said his was lost in the mail and he was looking forward to it big time. Said he had $537 coming (rounded up for dramatic effect).

"Hehe... It sounded so genuine though."

Need to learn how to do the ;" crap when doing a parody.

"Take your bridge card to the store, walk out with cash while the guy at the store makes money from the government. "

I tried to get on food stamps in college for this exact reason. Had a guy that would sell me $5 worth a beer for $8 in stamps
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-11-15 at 01:02 AM.

No wonder you havent understood what ive been saying Im not 18, nor am i on ebt/phone. May wanna check out that guy with the simpsons sig/avatar though :P
    Hehe... It fits your behavior so well though.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-11-15 at 01:07 AM.

"The UN Convention on the Law of the Sea provides for an Exlcusive Economic Zone extending 200 miles from the baseline shoreline of each nation."

Would 200miles be enough or is it all the natural gas in the middle of the gulf?
    I don't think we can drill in water as deep as the middle of the gulf. The deepest water depth we've ever drilled in was around 3 km. The water in the abyssal plain of the Gulf of Mexico is deeper than 3 km.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine