Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I've read the Bild before.

Am I the only one aware that it's their version of the National Enquirer?
    But the gold really is gone.

This has been known for awhile, and the fact that everyone in washington aside from people like Ron Paul, Alan Grayson, and Dennis Kucinich are hell bent on keeping it under wraps

10+ Year Old Account
    For what it is worth, the bottom links right to CNBC.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    1500 tons at 1700$ per oz is something you should be interested in
    It actually isn't.

Currencies are just some fancily printed pieces of paper (or cotton, actually). The actual worth behind a currency is not measured in gold reserves somewhere in the world but in the trust we put in those who hand out these notes. It's a social contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    It actually isn't.

Currencies are just some fancily printed pieces of paper (or cotton, actually). The actual worth behind a currency is not measured in gold reserves somewhere in the world but in the trust we put in those who hand out these notes. It's a social contract.
    Yeah I understand. But if the US dollar drop too much, you will need those gold reserves.

Yeah I understand. But if the US dollar drop too much, you will need those gold reserves.
    To do what? Convince people to give me food because I have heaps of shiny metal?

The global economy is a very fragile thing. The most important thing we have is trustworthiness.

Things will turn really ugly the moment big nations like Germany start to mistrust the $.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisKoe View Post
    To do what? Convince people to give me food because I have heaps of shiny metal?

The global economy is a very fragile thing. The most important thing we have is trustworthiness.
    It's true, actually 90 billions is not so much.

You talk about trust and this is exactly why I made this thread. Germany trusted the FED to keep 1500 tons of gold safe in their high tech facility. Now there is no gold and it could be possible that the FED painted some tungsten lingots to pass the audit. After the banks bailouts in 2008, I'm worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    But the gold really is gone.

This has been known for awhile, and the fact that everyone in washington aside from people like Ron Paul, Alan Grayson, and Dennis Kucinich are hell bent on keeping it under wraps
    Do you have any evidence to support that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Things will turn really ugly the moment big nations like Germany start to mistrust the $.
    Yes, Germany is a huge nation. Rich, strong and educated.

Yes, Germany is a huge nation. Rich, strong and educated.
    Well it is pretty big, not sure if you are ironic or what? :P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Well it is pretty big, not sure if you are ironic or what? :P
    No it's true, I was not making jokes. Germany is a great nation.

Here are the facts I've found so far with some Googling.

- The Bundesbank wasn't ordered to audit the gold. The BOE only has advisory power over them.

- The NY Fed didn't deny the Germans an audit of their gold

- The Fed is complying with the repatriation of 150 tons of gold over 3 years.

So what, exactly, is the problem?

Where are people getting the idea that the gold is fake/not there? What proof does anyone have? Proof? How about a SHRED of evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    "If anyone were contemplating creating “fake” gold bars, tungsten [at roughly $10 per pound] would be the metal of choice since it has the exact same density as gold making a fake bar salted with tungsten indistinguishable from a solid gold bar by simply weighing it."

ishhhh

10+ Year Old Account
    No it's true, I was not making jokes. Germany is a great nation.
    Are you from Germany yourself? If so, that would explain this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellphantine View Post
    "Rock Knocker"
    as in Rock Knocker Hellphantine
    Spend 100+ hours melee dpsing under a boss' testicles.
    - From the create your own title thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Here are the facts I've found so far with some Googling.

- The Bundesbank wasn't ordered to audit the gold. The BOE only has advisory power over them.

- The NY Fed didn't deny the Germans an audit of their gold

- The Fed is complying with the repatriation of 150 tons of gold over 3 years.

So what, exactly, is the problem?

Where are people getting the idea that the gold is fake/not there? What proof does anyone have? Proof? How about a SHRED of evidence?
    "The Fed has reportedly denied German requests to view their own gold reserves, ‘in the interest of security’:
    Tourists are allowed to venture below street level to see the vault. After descending in an elevator, they stand in front of an enormous steel cylinder that pivots like a door in a 140-ton steel-and-concrete frame. But not even the owners are allowed to view their own gold. According to the Federal Audit Office report, the Fed explained that “in the interest of security and of the control process” no “viewings” are possible."

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 02:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dranx View Post
    Are you from Germany yourself? If so, that would explain this thread.
    I'm a Canadian.

It's true, actually 90 billions is not so much.

You talk about trust and this is exactly why I made this thread. Germany trusted the FED to keep 1500 tons of gold safe in their high tech facility. Now there is no gold and it could be possible that the FED painted some tungsten lingots to pass the audit. After the banks bailouts in 2008, I'm worried.
    You keep saying the gold is gone, but what proof is there of that? None.

Also, assuming its missing, then where in the hell did it go? Its not like obama uses gold bars to pay for gas for his lemo.
    Last edited by Obamatheone; 2012-11-12 at 02:46 AM.

Well germany wants parts of its gold and it will be melted and then analyzed, so we will now if it's tungsten ;)
    Yes there were lots of articles about this in the last weeks (not much anymore now) but nothing indicated that there were problems.

"The Fed has reportedly denied German requests to view their own gold reserves, ‘in the interest of security’:
    Tourists are allowed to venture below street level to see the vault. After descending in an elevator, they stand in front of an enormous steel cylinder that pivots like a door in a 140-ton steel-and-concrete frame. But not even the owners are allowed to view their own gold. According to the Federal Audit Office report, the Fed explained that “in the interest of security and of the control process” no “viewings” are possible."

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 02:37 AM ----------

I'm a Canadian.
    Haha, I am pretty sure they could come on the tour as well if they wanted, but I am pretty sure they were talking about something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Obamatheone View Post
    You keep saying the gold is gone, but what proof is there of that? None.

Also, assuming its missing, then where in the hell did it go? Its not like obama uses gold bars to pay for gas for his lemo.
    I'm not a german auditor so I will never be sure. I think that the drama is enough to make a thread about it.