10+ Year Old Account

Question Water Cooling questions.

So I'm building myself this new rig using the Corsair Obisdian 800D and I heard that the airflow wasn't terribly great. So I decided to go for H2O cooling, which was something I was considering anyways.

So my question is between the Stage 3 Frostchill Cooling System and the Stage 4 Frostbite Cooling System, which one would have a better price to performance ratio. There's about a 150$ difference between the two.

Feedback is appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    links would help

Err, what are these systems you're mentioning? Because through all my time now keeping up with the watercooling stuff, this is the first time I hear those expressions. Would you give a link to these things?

10+ Year Old Account
    Woops sorry, I'm silly, I thought they were standalone out on the market but they're offered through xoticpc only. Herp.

Ok what about the Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooler (High-Performance Edition). Does that have any good reviews XD

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure those two aren't actual cooling brands, but surnames given by the company you're ordering your parts from?
    Anyways, what processor and gpu are you buying, gonna have cooling for both or just the cpu? Are you really in need of any high end cooling gear?

Edit: God damnit ! you corrected yourself before I reached to post. Shouldn't have gone to the toilet before posting

We've got no info about your system, so that would really help in letting us evaluate if we should recommend the H80 or just the H100.

EDIT: Just remembered it's the 800D. I'd suggest the H100 over the H80 for that system, but regardless something you should do is get a bunch of really good fans to keep the system cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I thought saying it was the 800D would be self explanatory but if it's absolutely needed, I'm getting the Core i5-3570K (3.40-3.80GHz) OC'd to 4.0-4.4 GHz, ummm... since I'm not gonna set up water cooling for the GPU just yet, the fact that I'm using a GTX 680 matter very little. That's more fanwork and I'm setting up a couple extra High-performance fans for that.

So you suggest the H100? Or is there any other cooling system I can get for cheap-ish which might include a GPU bracket. Everything I've looked at is stupid expensive lol

An alternative would be
    1. An H80 fitted to the rear as exhaust.
    2. Three fans in the roof blowing in air to fill the case.
    3. Add dust filters to top.

Generally, unless you're going for the "stupid expensive" stuff, you're not gonna have a good time I'd think. The self-contained loops ala the Corsair H series would be best for most people.

If you want an expandable loop, I'd consider this if you want to start 'gentle'. It's most certainly the least amount of work I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I already have 3 fans + dust filters to the top, now I'm just looking at water cooling since the 800D's airflow is crap as said previously. Might not ACTUALLY need it BUT, I'd rather have it than fry my processor... again (it was an old old old desktop).

What would be a good dual loop for CPU & GPU, at this point price doesn't matter I'm just trying to compare things

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Well I already have 3 fans + dust filters to the top, now I'm just looking at water cooling since the 800D's airflow is crap as said previously. Might not ACTUALLY need it BUT, I'd rather have it than fry my processor... again (it was an old old old desktop).

What would be a good dual loop for CPU & GPU, at this point price doesn't matter I'm just trying to compare things
    Let's put it this way:
    I'd recommend this with this. That'd be the longest lasting while using some of the better components available.

But I really do not recommend water unless you want work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Let's put it this way:
    I'd recommend this with this. That'd be the longest lasting while using some of the better components available.

But I really do not recommend water unless you want work.
    Oh I don't mind working at all

But Synthaxx is probably right, I wouldn't need GPU cooling in the end. I think I'll just go for the H100 since that seems like the most price economic thing. And yes I really do water cooling at least for the CPU. I honestly don't think fans will cut it especially since I might either upgrade said CPU or go for Dual if not Triple SLI somewhere down the road. It's funny because from what I've read on the 800D, it's actually really good for watercooling. Haven't tried it yet so those reviews might not be founded on anything but oh well lol.

Thanks for all the help guys!

So I'm building myself this new rig using the Corsair Obisdian 800D and I heard that the airflow wasn't terribly great. So I decided to go for H2O cooling, which was something I was considering anyways.

So my question is between the Stage 3 Frostchill Cooling System and the Stage 4 Frostbite Cooling System, which one would have a better price to performance ratio. There's about a 150$ difference between the two.

Feedback is appreciated.
    Someone here had a long, well-written post about not needing to water cooler your system, and he is totally right. That being said, I plunged in and water cooled my 3570k and 560ti 448. Biggest reasons were to learn the basics and because.... Why not? The important points are that it is a huge pain to change any new parts, and cost. A less complicated loop only takes a couple hours to assemble, then a few hours to a few days of leak testing depending how paranoid you are. If you like to build and enjoy new things, and have spare cash, go for it. Nice seeing a 40 degree gpu temp under load, though.

Feedback is appreciated.

I've recently built my watercooling system a few months ago. Here's what I recommend:

Case: NZXT Switch 810 (was gonna choose either between this case or the Corsair 800D but the switch 810 is the really good and cheaper. You can use that extra money for the kit below as someone else suggested). Case has space for a triple radiator on top and a dual on bottom. I have mine setup like that. Better airflow than the 800D.

Water cooling kit: XSPC Raystorm 750 http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16...ead-Water.html

Silvercoil (anti microbial): http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11...oir_Strip.html

And lastly some fans (120mm) and some distilled water (from the grocery store, don't bother buying the overpriced one from online. It's also non-conductive).

You can get your own tube and w/e color u prefer instead if u don't like the clear tubing the kit comes with. And then just use distilled water instead of colored dye so your blocks will remain clean and not clog up.

Optional: A fan controller
    Last edited by c0rnel; 2012-11-12 at 10:58 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woops sorry, I'm silly, I thought they were standalone out on the market but they're offered through xoticpc only. Herp.

Ok what about the Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooler (High-Performance Edition). Does that have any good reviews XD

There are new H80i & H100i out, the H80i is $109, while the H100i is $119. I've got the H100 non I in a Corsair 800D with great temps without modding it.

Watercooling for a 4.4ghz OC isn't really needed..
    I'm using a hyper212 evo @ 1.24v for that OC and my temps do not go further than high 70s to low 80s.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

I have an 800D with a H100 and I found the best way to cool my CPU and my GPUs (SLI that exhaust out the back) is by having every single fan (three on top, one back, and two on the bottom) as intakes and have the GPUs exhaust along with passive exhaust through the case's grills. Creating such positive pressure in this case has been amazing. I used to only have the bottom as intake and everything else as exhaust and I found dust all over my system and it didn't cool as well. FrozenCPU has a DEMCiflex fan filter designed to fit perfectly on top of the 800D that I use and it's been worth the $25. Can get a fan 140mm fan filter for the back fan as well. I rarely every have to clean my system other than the fan filters, which are super easy.

My 2500k OCed to 4.6Ghz stays really cool since it takes in fresh air and my top GTX 670 FTW reaches a maximum of 68c during 1080p top settings Heaven benchmarks when fully OCed. I am very happy with the case and the H100. Should look into the new H80i and H100i.
    Last edited by Danno; 2012-11-13 at 01:03 AM.