Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mods are not really obligated to be sunshine and hi5s about everything. Quite a lot of mods have issue with this or that feature from WoW to SWTOR.

No game is perfect. Not even the ones we really *like*.

Okay, okay. This is when I use my mod text color, hot puke pink, to remind ya'll;

Stay on topic. This thread is about the upcoming Fractals of the Mists dungeon.

If you are discussing cheeseburgers, cats, cats wearing silly hats or moderators-- you are off topic and assuredly making a mistake. Because dogs are way better than cats.

Stay on topic.

-- Fencers

I sooo want to defend the cats side....

Back on topic,

@Zeek: Although I agree with most of what you are saying about the new tier and infusions, and their use in FotM to create progression, I think you are vastly under-estimating the impact of even a small difference between two tiers or e en between two gears. People have farmed their life away to get that extra 1% here and there, the existence of Exotics IS a big deal for people in Blues, as the existence of Ascended will be a big deal for Exotics. Even if you get to see and do all the contents, you are deemed less powerful by the game and by other players, and for some people, that can end up being a big issue.

Other than that, I also find pretty difficulty to defend that they didn't break their philosophy, they DID introduce a new tier and visibly people are pissed that they will have to get rid of their Exotics (see!). However, they probably did because they had no choice.

EDIT: to clarify my point, it IS a big deal that they decided to add that tier, visibly a LOT of people had faith that Anet would never ever do such things and made plans (and arguments, right Fencers ) around it. Kinda normal that some might feel betrayed.
    Last edited by ControlBlue; 2012-11-14 at 09:48 PM.

There's always a choice. Maybe this will turn out to be much ado about nothing though. I think a lot of people, including myself, were hoping this game would be a bit different than almost all of the other mmos out there in the way they do the "endgame". But it appears that they are going toward the standard fair of mmos. I hope I'm wrong in that regard.

The good news is that if they do it right, you will never be affected, you will have ways to get Ascended gears outside of FotM, you just won't have Infusion on it.

What I am kinda wary off is how will the PvP crowd will cope with having less powerful "item levels" than PvE Heroes...

Quote Originally Posted by ControlBlue View Post
    The good news is that if they do it right, you will never be affected, you will have ways to get Ascended gears outside of FotM, you just won't have Infusion on it.

What I am kinda wary off is how will the PvP crowd will cope with having less powerful "item levels" than PvE Heroes...
    Pretty sure ascended gear is from fotm and WvWvW (eventually). You craft the transfusions for ascended gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Pretty sure ascended gear is from fotm and WvWvW (eventually). You craft the transfusions for ascended gear.
    Did they say you craft them? I thought they said that you used the mystic forge for the both the transfusions and the back slot Ascended gear...

God i really hope they have a clerics/magis ascended gear if i have to use some stupid soldier, knight, or rampager bull shit there will be BLOOD!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Did they say you craft them? I thought they said that you used the mystic forge for the both the transfusions and the back slot Ascended gear...

God i really hope they have a clerics/magis ascended gear if i have to use some stupid soldier, knight, or rampager bull shit there will be BLOOD!
    You are right, the back slot comes from the mystic forge. Rings are fotm.

However I really hope we can change the gems. From the picture it looked like it was auto built into the gear and can't change them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are right, the back slot comes from the mystic forge. Rings are fotm.

However I really hope we can change the gems. From the picture it looked like it was auto built into the gear and can't change them.
    They have already said ALL ascendant gear will have the upgrade built in (well they said ALL CURRENT), that being said, i really really hope we can still apply runes to the 6 main pieces + rebreather... and sigils... well not so much sigils, those things are fairly lame for my healing power build, all the fun sigils rely on crits which i don't do very often to justify having... but regardless!! i want -some- customization, that's why i liked the armor and that to begin with....

EPIPHANY: Maybe all ascendant gear is going to be MF gear, so it actually isn't better then exotic gear because it will all be lacking a 3rd REAL stat, this would allow exotic gear to not only remain as the supreme stat gear, but could also give us some variety on MF gear and not get us -totally- bonned on it...
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

They have already said ALL ascendant gear will have the upgrade built in (well they said ALL CURRENT), that being said, i really really hope we can still apply runes to the 6 main pieces + rebreather... and sigils... well not so much sigils, those things are fairly lame for my healing power build, all the fun sigils rely on crits which i don't do very often to justify having... but regardless!! i want -some- customization, that's why i liked the armor and that to begin with....

EPIPHANY: Maybe all ascendant gear is going to be MF gear, so it actually isn't better then exotic gear because it will all be lacking a 3rd REAL stat, this would allow exotic gear to not only remain as the supreme stat gear, but could also give us some variety on MF gear and not get us -totally- bonned on it...
    maybe transmogging will let us put the transfusion slot on another piece of gear

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe transmogging will let us put the transfusion slot on another piece of gear
    OMG!! That'd be amazing!! Make it so a transmogged ascended + exotic gear = best gear, but make the matts used to mystic forge the transmog that allows the moving of infusion to be from deep in the FoTM dungeon, because if they make it all magic find gear you'd need real stats eventually right?

OMG!! That'd be amazing!! Make it so a transmogged ascended + exotic gear = best gear, but make the matts used to mystic forge the transmog that allows the moving of infusion to be from deep in the FoTM dungeon, because if they make it all magic find gear you'd need real stats eventually right?
    I doubt it will all be MF gear, but if it is the transfusion slot has to be able to be transmoged. If not that is just.... really stupid.

Leah Rivera on the New Fractals of the Mist Dungeon

Short little post by the developer on how the new dungeon works. It sounds very much like a Wow's Caverns of Time on steroids to me.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Leah Rivera on the New Fractals of the Mist Dungeon

Short little post by the developer on how the new dungeon works. It sounds very much like a Wow's Caverns of Time on steroids to me.
    Looks more like that new Diablo 3 thingy they added to me.

Diablo 3 thingy?

The endless increasing difficulty etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Rivera
    After a certain point, our new Ascended items and Infusions become crucial tools for survival.
    At least they aren't pretending it's not a gearwall, very upfront for it. Still, very much a complete departure from everything they've ever said about this game. A true 180.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    At least they aren't pretending it's not a gearwall, very upfront for it. Still, very much a complete departure from everything they've ever said about this game. A true 180.
    You do realise though that it's only about this particular style of pve? (i.e this one dungeon only)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    That depends. If you are able to do all of the fractals with regular armor then it shouldn't' be a problem if you are regularly getting Ascended items with each fractal completion. Then you'll be able to continue to do harder and harder content after that with your new drop. Since only rings and a back item are available with this new dungeon, you don't need to grind to get all 3 new Ascended item. Now, if this will be the case with every new fractal dungeon (3 new pieces of gear each new dungeon every 3 months), it won't be a grind at all.

You do realise though that it's only about this particular style of pve? (i.e this one dungeon only)
    For now. The blog says more of this type of content is coming with the infusion mechanic in mind. We don't know if they are just more infusion dungeons, zones, bosses or encounters.

We do know Anet have stated plainly this is an ongoing mechanic in the coming months.