Please calm down on the rate of revealed content, guys.

I understand that many of you are impatient, and that every time bliz reveals something, there is that kneejerk reaction to demand that it was released 2 weeks prior, but I think we all need to calm down.

If we constantly badger bliz about it, it will never get released.

Just please remember, when bliz says that something will be out "ASAP," They mean it like this:

As

SoonTM

As

Possible.

Many cuddles and hugs for the patient.

Deleted
    If it will never get released as you say, they wont have subscripcions, also, they will lose a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabo View Post
    If it will never get released as you say, they wont have subscripcions, also, they will lose a lot of money.
    All the more reason to calm down, and let them do their jobs, no need to berate them constantly.

EDIT: Heeeeyyy, did someone change my title to "The Patient" because of this? >_> I'm watchin you, mods.
    Last edited by Egoism; 2014-01-24 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted
    Disagree entirely. Blizzard isn't our girlfriend, neither is Blizzard an emotional sixteen year old teen girl we have to treat carefully. Blizzard is a multi billion dollar company whom we are PAYING to get these things. This isn't a personal relationship but a purely business like one we have.

If your pizza delivery guy decides to deliver your pizza in three days instead of a few hours you wouldn't be happy either and you wouldn't be going "Oh I shouldn't bother him, he'll probably deliver it whenever he feels like it and calling will only make him be even slower!".
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2014-01-24 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Disagree entirely. Blizzard isn't out girlfriend, neither is Blizzard an emotional sixteen year old teen girl we have to treat carefully. Blizzard is a multi billion dollar company whom we are PAYING to get these things. This isn't a personal relationship but a purely business like one we have.

If your pizza delivery guy decides to deliver your pizza in three days instead of a few hours you wouldn't be happy either and you wouldn't be going "Oh I shouldn't bother him, he'll probably deliver it whenever he feels like it and calling will only make him be even slower!".
    You have not paid, nor agreed to pay for anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Egoism View Post
    Nor you did to the pizza guy. You usually pay them when they get there with the pizza.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    I understand that many of you are impatient, and that every time bliz reveals something, there is that kneejerk reaction to demand that it was released 2 weeks prior, but I think we all need to calm down.

If we constantly badger bliz about it, it will never get released.

Just please remember, when bliz says that something will be out "ASAP," They mean it like this:

As

SoonTM

As

Possible.

Many cuddles and hugs for the patient.
    Haha ignorance at it's best. They will release it as soon as posible of course, or stockholders will replace chairman of the company. Blizzard is at this point far from organization like Valve where they still can decide things on their own.

Deleted
    Call me stupid or crazy!

Why not just keep EVERYTHING about the new release a SECRET, and let all the players find out? That would kind of have a re-release of the first release of World of Warcraft!

Deleted
    Last time I checked I was actually paying a subscription so I will be provided new content and updates alongside access to the servers. When did this game stop demanding me to pay? I didn't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Can we at least find proper analogies? Last time I checked you don't phone Blizzard and say "I like a Emerald Dream type xpansion with extra mounts, hold the pet battles and I expect that next week, here is your 40 bucks"

They make a game, you chose to buy it or not. Meanwhile I wasn't aware that my 12 Euros a month buy me an x-pac?

Harressing them or not - they have a history of releasing a game "when it is ready". And people are impatient every time and for every game.
    The monthly fee entails actual updates and content. If they fall short of delivering that they're obviously not uphoalding their part of the bargain. Imagine you have a Pizza "contract" so each friday you get deliver a pizza, just one day the delivery guy only shows up shakes your hand and leaves after because they're currently to busy to make the next menu so they couldn't make your pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Nor you did to the pizza guy. You usually pay them when they get there with the pizza.
    There is a verbal contract initiated, or pre-payment, depending on method of payment promised.

He is not showing up to offer you a product that you did not already agree to buy.

Flawed analogy is flawed.

- - - Updated - - -

Last time I checked I was actually paying a subscription so I will be provided new content and updates alongside access to the servers. When did this game stop demanding me to pay? I didn't notice.

The monthly fee entails actual updates and content. If they fall short of delivering that they're obviously not uphoalding their part of the bargain. Imagine you have a Pizza "contract" so each friday you get deliver a pizza, just one day the delivery guy only shows up shakes your hand and leaves after because they're currently to busy to make the next menu so they couldn't make your pizza.
    You are paying for MOP, not WOD.

Your analogy attempt is not working.

You have made absolutely no promise, or implied agreement to purchase WOD.

Disagree entirely. Blizzard isn't our girlfriend, neither is Blizzard an emotional sixteen year old teen girl we have to treat carefully. Blizzard is a multi billion dollar company whom we are PAYING to get these things. This isn't a personal relationship but a purely business like one we have.

Except that example is horrible.

A pizza guy is going to deliver your pizza within the allotted time, because that's their job and their job description. Nowhere does it say that Blizzard should release specific examples of their progress so that you can sleep soundly at night, let alone release anything to satiate your impatience AT ALL. They could quite literally not release a damn thing until the day of release for a game, and you'd buy it, and be content. That's their job, release games, their job is not, "release concept art and models to shut cry baby forum ragers up."

Yes relax and cancel your subscription.

Not my fault they speed things up. Content is consumed faster than ever, they let us skip everything, gearing up is way too fast and we get Timeless Isle for the last patch that needs to last for at least 7 months.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard releases information as they see fit. There's the wave of information during and shortly after Blizzcon. Things dry up for a while. They give us tidbits along the way. Then a little more. Its called marketing. You want to keep people hungry for more information, and just feed them enough to keep them coming for more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm British I have the patience of a saint, we have to deal with lines at the post office after all. I could wait forever for anything blizzard throws at me. Although I don't speak for every Brit, I can just respect peoples hard earned work more than others.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Actually you pay for the game on an as is basis. They have no requirement to provide any additional content. This would be a horrible business decision on their part though so obviously they don't do it but there is no requirement for them to do so.

You haven't paid the pizza guy nor ordered anything. The pizza company is contemplating openly and sharing their plans about new pizzas they are planning to offer in the future, and you're screaming and berating the poor delivery guy because you don't have your future pizza already.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of us are just on edge because this is taking longer than all but the most pessimistic (the september-2015 guessers) thought it would. We expected something big today to lead up to an impending beta, and we got screenshots of a half-done model.

Most of us are just frustrated thinking Blizz really does plan to delay this until after the Summer.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Hey, I get that. I'm eager for them too, and I'm even more eager for the next xpac and the tantalizing thought that we could see it spring/summer.

But what do you think you accomplish trying to read the future in the tea leaves? It'll be done when it's done and nothing you say do or think will change it. Best to be a little Zen about the whole thing rather than going OCD and frustrating yourself. It's best to be chill, enjoy (or not) what they give you as previews, and not worry about it. That doesn't mean blithely accept anything blizz does nor hang around forever for content, go your own way but at least be a little self-aware of what you're doing to yourself (and those around you) when you get in a spiralling frenzy. (not you specifically, "you" in the general sense)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Yes relax and cancel your subscription.

Not my fault they speed things up. Content is consumed faster than ever, they let us skip everything, gearing up is way too fast and we get Timeless Isle for the last patch that needs to last for at least 7 months.
    Agreed with this. The best thing to do at this point is cancel subs and just sit back and wait for more information. If they want to share some information, that's great, but if not, they risk those people that quit finding something else to do with their time and never even bothering to check what information they post because that player has moved on. If that's the risk Blizzard wants to take, more power to them.