10+ Year Old Account

Fingerprint reader software for windows 8

So, I have a "TouchStrip Fingerprint Sensor (WBF advanced mode)" that's part of my laptop. After installing windows 8, the Authentec Truesuite software that was tied with it no longer works. I've looked at their website, and they just don't have a windows 8 compatible version yet, it seems.

The question is, does anyone know of alternative software I can get that will work with my current biometric device, or should I just kind of hang out until they stop being lazy and actually release an updated version?

Had BioExcess included in a lenovo laptop I bought about 8 months ago... updated to windows 8 and it seems to work just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, not certain that would work with mine, as it specifies it needs to be certain models (likely the ones lenovo uses). Also, I'd have to buy it for $40, which I would rather not have to do.

Anyone know of any free alternatives? (or maybe like ~$20 max, if there is no such option)

Just put the windows 7 software. there's absolutely no reason why it should be any different on windows 8.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."