Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Whole raid falls on their faces..

So get your tissues out, because this is a story about hope, high expectations and bitter disappointment. Last night, my guild and I was trying out MGV 10 for the first time, let me just say, we were not prepared. 3 hours of wiping on Stone Guard, we didn't even get him below 100 million health. The fail was so massive that we finally had to realize that it was not going to happen, ever. Raid was disbanded and 3 hours wasted. So, anyone got any idea why we failed so horribly? I think it was the tanks not switching correctly..

Edit: This should have been posted in General Discussions, my mistake..

Without seeing any logs, or any information about how people were dying, or even knowing which quilen you had, there's no way to even begin to start discussing what went wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any kind of assistance would require a World of Logs parse or a more in depth description/video of what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see.. well I don't have that information. All I know is that the tanks just got one-shotted to death all the time. Also, I think we didnt do the jasper chains thing right..

Deleted
    What is your average ilvl? If its below 463 - go home.
    Did your tanks actually understand the fight? Not if your raid gets constantly a big AOE for 90% health.

Fix this and then start caring about Chains and whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    My ilvl is 473, don't know about the others. I understand that you guys really can't help out without logs and stuff, just wanted to tell you about this massive fail. I'm not sure I want to raid with the guild again, lol :-D

10+ Year Old Account

There, nice fast guide to the entire raid, for more indepth refer to their other guides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    There, nice fast guide to the entire raid, for more indepth refer to their other guides.
    Thank you.. !

Deleted
    1. New Guild
    2. Under Geared Raiders
    3. Poor Raid Leading
    4. No preparation (research on tactics)
    5. Lack of focus
    6. Any Combination of the above

Take your pick.
    Do not get disheartened because you cant kill things first time, this is why it called progression, you learn what you did wrong. you fix it (get better gear, not spending your time on facebook etc when raiding, Learning the tactics yourself instead of expecting one person to know and instruct you) and you try again and make a little more progress. Sure you might not kill the boss first time, but the next time you go you might reach the enrage timer with everyone alive meaning you have made progress and know that the tactic is right, just need to up your DPS.

Personally I would love to take all the people that complain that they cant get a boss down on the first night, and all the people who call them bad for not being able to kill a boss on the first night, Move them all back in time and have them work on bosses in Vanilla and TBC. Where people where working on bosses for weeks before getting a kill.

Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    My ilvl is 473, don't know about the others. I understand that you guys really can't help out without logs and stuff, just wanted to tell you about this massive fail. I'm not sure I want to raid with the guild again, lol :-D
    sorry but if your just looking to freeload off your guilds back then the guild is better off without you. Just because some guilds are in heroics or further ahead of your guild does not mean that you give your guild any less respect or effort.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2012-11-13 at 09:55 AM.

Do you have any logs or numbers..anything you can show us that can make this a little more easier to solve...?

The first time i stepped foot in there, and the next 2 or 3 times it was purely a tank issue. Your tanks need to know when and what to taunt and do so immediately to swap them without risking a double overload which WILL more than likely wipe your raid.

Outside of that, jasper chains should stay linked together in 10 man until jasper is in the process of overloading in which case you need to break the chains as it will minimise (almost totally negate) the damage it does. During cobalt overload, clear up as many cobalt traps as you can as again, no damage (but will still cause the snares unless you have a paladin bubble to clear them or something). Other than that, don't stand in the purple pools and you should be fine.

The fight is not a dps race, it is entirely a tank check in my experience. Once your tanks get their stuff sorted, it will fall over and drop loots.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get them to watch a guide if its an "understanding the fight" fight issue. Tankspot has some.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX6Ooq80xrY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    sorry but if your just looking to freeload off your guilds back then the guild is better off without you. Just because some guilds are in heroics or further ahead of your guild does not mean that you give your guild any less respect or effort.
    It's not that at all, I always try to be loyal to the guild. It's just that it all seemed pretty hopeless. At least when we were wiping in MC back in the day, alittle progress were made for each wipe. In this case, we werent even remotely close, not even a single time. For three hours..

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    The fight is not a dps race, it is entirely a tank check in my experience. Once your tanks get their stuff sorted, it will fall over and drop loots.
    That's what I'm thinking.

I'll be honest with you, you're not alone!

My guild raided pretty well in Dragon Soul, we did 8/8 Heroic every week since the 20% nerf, and Spine on the 15% nerf. We're by no means amazing, but we were doing pretty good! When we came up against Stone Guard Normal, we wiped for an entire evening also. We've all got a long extensive history of raiding, but Stone Guard is just one of those fights that test you.

For the first time in almost 3 years there is a fight that requires real tank co-ordination and communication. The raid needs to be aware and mobile and the healers need to be flexible. The fight itself isn't hard, but getting your team to get it right can be. Assess what went wrong, and don't lose hope! This is a fight that will test you because it is unlike anything we've seen for a very long time.

Find out what is going wrong, and focus on that. The DPS needed for this fight to hit berserk is around 23,000 DPS. If you need, bring a 4th healer and let your tanks practice. Once the tanks are sorted, it becomes an easy fight. Have clear and precise communication also, it really helps.

Don't lose hope. This fight is a test, but once you've passed it becomes a walk in the park each time after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I'll be honest with you, you're not alone!...
    Thanks, that is nice to know :-D

10+ Year Old Account
    Same thing with the HoF first boss last night.. 20 wipes in 3 hrs. 1 time we got it till 1mil. HP and that seriously ruined my whole day. I like how the raiding is really raiding atm

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    My guild raided pretty well in Dragon Soul, we did 8/8 Heroic every week since the 20% nerf, and Spine on the 15% nerf. We're by no means amazing, but we were doing pretty good! When we came up against Stone Guard Normal, we wiped for an entire evening also. We've all got a long extensive history of raiding, but Stone Guard is just one of those fights that test you.
    I don't really understand this. For a group that has been successfully raiding for a long time, this fight should be pretty easy once the tanks learn when to taunt which boss.

In the first week MV was open, I joined a PUG on thursday to get a look at the new raid. Everyone had ~360 gear and no one really new how it worked. It did take us a lot of wipes to get down the strategy, but we downed it. I fail to see how a coordinated group of good players can have so much trouble with that. Except trying to two-heal it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    1. New Guild
    2. Under Geared Raiders
    3. Poor Raid Leading
    4. No preparation (research on tactics)
    5. Lack of focus
    6. Any Combination of the above

Take your pick.
    Do not get disheartened because you cant kill things first time, this is why it called progression, you learn what you did wrong. you fix it (get better gear, not spending your time on facebook etc when raiding, Learning the tactics yourself instead of expecting one person to know and instruct you) and you try again and make a little more progress. Sure you might not kill the boss first time, but the next time you go you might reach the enrage timer with everyone alive meaning you have made progress and know that the tactic is right, just need to up your DPS.

Personally I would love to take all the people that complain that they cant get a boss down on the first night, and all the people who call them bad for not being able to kill a boss on the first night, Move them all back in time and have them work on bosses in Vanilla and TBC. Where people where working on bosses for weeks before getting a kill.

That's a wonderful post, and I agree fully.

The dogs fight (cause I will never remember the atcual name of this fight) is actually a cockblock for a lot of more casual guilds. Common problem my friend's guild has is mostly tanks not being sure what they're doing. Once you get that sortened out, the rest of the fight sort of starts to make sense.

Deleted
    How can you expect to beat an encounter when you don't even know if you're doing things right? 'Also, I think we didnt do the jasper chains thing right..' doesn't give me confidence that your guild is a guild that knows what it's doing, especially considering all you need to do on jasper chains is stand close to the other person. : s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    ... especially considering all you need to do on jasper chains is stand close to the other person. : s
    We did that..